Maintenance for the week of July 1:
• NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

NB shadow cloak

dracobains_ESO
dracobains_ESO
✭✭✭
I know there is a known bug where the Shadow Cloak ability breaks from dots. However, I have been experiencing some weird inconsistencies with this ability overall and was wondering if the Devs have been tinkering with it?

Since 1.1.2

1) I cannot chain the ability. If my timer is reaching zero and I tried to overlap it by a fraction of a second or accidentally hit my button twice, it cancels the stealth. Is this an intentional change?

2) I have also noticed in Cyrodiil that it just sometimes poofs for no apparent reason. I was told this was due to another individual being stealthed and using magelight. Is that true? Does magelight remove shadow cloak?

3) I have noticed that there are a significant number of NPCs that will still knock the crud out of me even after I am under shadow cloak. I would assume this is intentional with guards but would like some confirmation if possible. Are there some NPCs both in Cyrodiil and PVE areas which are suppose to see through Shadow Cloak?

4) Lastly, I am having some serious responsive issues with this ability. Maybe it is related to lag, but after I use Shadow Cloak it can take until the ability is near completion before I can use a follow up damaging ability. On my bar I will use Shadowy Disguise and try and follow up with Surprise Attack. It can take up to 2 seconds before I can actually execute the attack. I can never get it to respond in under a second. Is this intentional? Something designed due to animation or something?

Thanks to anyone who can enlighten me here.
Edited by dracobains_ESO on June 10, 2014 6:41PM
IRONCLAD of Ebonheart Pact
We don't have popularity contests because we believe it is better to be Feared than Loved.
  • Jaxom
    Jaxom
    ✭✭✭✭
    1) I'm able to chain it in Cyrodiil (at least as of last night). The problem may be Cyrodiil unresponsiveness so you pop out for a second where in PvE you dont have that skill lag

2) It breaks me out of stealth for no apparent reason as well. Magelight does break you out of it though (as I understand it).

3)Keep and Resource guards see through invisibility so the skill is useless against them. I'm not sure if this is intended or not but I can confirm, it doesnt work against them. This may be so you cannot chain invis past guards to take a keep?

4)See #1. That's Cyrodiil for you. During real bad nights, it can take up to 4 seconds to go into sneak after I hit it. On a good night, you can pop Ambush, Concealed Weapon and Impale in about a second if the stars align. There are some animations with the skill so when you combine that with general Cyrodiil unresponsiveness, it's a glaring issue.

Hope this helps.
    Options