The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Lag Immediately After Enemy Player Kill

Perphection
Perphection
✭✭✭✭
Since the v1.1.4 Patch I've been experiencing brief lag spikes after every player kill that I'm involved in. I've turned what Addons I have off, and still get the same lag.

Is anyone else experiencing this?
Edited by Perphection on June 11, 2014 7:48PM
  • CrushiiX
    CrushiiX
    I have experienced same thing. at least I am not alone...
    Options
  • Obt
    Obt
    Soul Shriven
    same here
    Options
  • Gisgo
    Gisgo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Me too.
    Options
  • Perphection
    Perphection
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, hopefully there's more people who have this problem or it's probably not gonna get fixed =/
    Options
  • CrushiiX
    CrushiiX
    This is getting really annoying....
    Options
  • SinfulSoul
    SinfulSoul
    ✭✭✭
    Yep, same here. When I'm in a raid group in Cyrodiil and someone leaves is like a 3 seconds lag spike, but when someone joins is either a 10 seconds lag spike or disconnect. That only started to happen with that patch too.
    Options
  • CrushiiX
    CrushiiX
    Everyone that is experience a couple second lag should post their system specs here
    Options
  • alexj4596b14_ESO
    alexj4596b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Same
    Options
  • CrushiiX
    CrushiiX
    Hope a dev can post on here...
    Options
  • rammstein2001pub18_ESO
    its a memory leak within TESO .. i know because i have 64 gigs of ram and windows is telling me when teso is open that i'm getting low on memory ..
    Options
  • CrushiiX
    CrushiiX
    Memory leak would cause lag only after a PvP kill? its fine all the rest of the time, besides sometimes unopenable doors and such.
    Options
  • rammstein2001pub18_ESO
    its because of the spikes of data that make it appear soo laggy .. your system doesn't have enough resources to process said info and thats when you see visual errors
    Options
  • rammstein2001pub18_ESO
    in other words my pc which is nearly a supercomputer goes from lightning speeds to herp a derp derp im dead
    Options
  • CrushiiX
    CrushiiX
    Annoying.....my computer that maxes any game you throw at it seems worthless to this game...sucks
    Options
  • Mitharus
    Mitharus
    ✭✭✭
    its a memory leak within TESO .. i know because i have 64 gigs of ram and windows is telling me when teso is open that i'm getting low on memory ..

This specific one isdoes not seem to be a system memory leak. I have 16GB RAM, and around 15GB is used system wide, and the bulk of that is Cache. Normally there's around 4-6GB active ("In use") when ESO is running.

For reference, right now on my system (without ESO running):
    • 83MB Reserved
    • 2.8GB In Use
    • 55MB To be written
    • 12GB Cache
    • 1GB Free
    • 13GB "Availible" (Cache + Free)

I will get the the pop-up about not enough resources so it switches off Aero, but from what I can tell that's because the GPU's pipeline is usually full so it can't handle the graphics portion (transparency, etc...).

To me, this is a server issue. Without looking at a pcap of the exact time it happens, what it appears to be doing is sending an update when the player state change happens (i.e. Alive -> Dead). This is choking at some point on the server, and throwing the communication back to the clients off. So, the client has "continued," then gets back data from the server that's older than what it thinks it should have, so freezes to resync.

I'm theorizing the Group issue is similar. You have an 'offline' player, but the server is trying to get the update location data for them (gotta keep those markers on the map updated in the wrong spot right?)... which fails since they're offline. This causes everyone in the group to "lag" because they're trying to resync with the server's slow response.

*shrug* That's a theory without actually doing a full pcap of a session and trying to force the bug to see if it holds up. Might need to reverse the data sent to be 100% sure which I don't really want to do.

-M

Edit: Changed wording on first sentence. I cannot say "is not" and be accurate.
    Edited by Mitharus on June 13, 2014 10:04PM
    Options
  • CrushiiX
    CrushiiX
    I know nothing about that stuff but it seems legit, I was hoping the maintenance today fixed it.....it did not. Lets hope it gets fixed soon!
    Options
  • rammstein2001pub18_ESO
    im just not going to play till they fix these issues.. marvel heroes for me this weekend :)
    Options
  • CrushiiX
    CrushiiX
    I'm getting to that point of frustration as well....
    Options
  • CrushiiX
    CrushiiX
    Don't think we well get any help on this one lol......like this on the PTS as well
    Options
  • Perphection
    Perphection
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I've just stopped PvPing since the patch. I actually had to stop PvP prior to the patch too, but that was because of massive server lag.

I'm just getting more and more frustrated that not only did I pay to play this game, but I'm still paying just to beta test for consoles.
    Options
  • rammstein2001pub18_ESO
    Yeah, I've just stopped PvPing since the patch. I actually had to stop PvP prior to the patch too, but that was because of massive server lag.

I'm just getting more and more frustrated that not only did I pay to play this game, but I'm still paying just to beta test for consoles.

yeah id have to agree i think they are focusing all their efforts on the console versions instead of doing crucial patches to the pc version
    Options
  • CrushiiX
    CrushiiX
    agreed, so stupid since the console version will die out most likely
    Options
  • CrushiiX
    CrushiiX
    I really want to play PvP dang it. Does not look like devs are even acknowledging this bug.,
    Options
  • CrushiiX
    CrushiiX
    Guess we are out of luck..
    Options