The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

How to love your Nightblade with Dual Wield.

• bg22
    bg22
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tenofas wrote: »
    May I ask you what level are you? Because from what I read in the forums, stamina builds for NB work fine till Vet6 (more or less), above that it becomes extremely hard as the fight last a lot more and the mobs deal a lot more damage. And I don't see Leeching strikes/Syphoning attaks in your build which is the standard for a high rank vet in PvE apparently.
    (BTW, I am only lvl 44, so what I wrote is based only on what I read every day in the forums)

I'm VR 11 25 stam, 24 magicka.
    Similar set up.
    I PvE just fine and I'm a monster in PvP (especially 1v1)
  • Daethz
    Daethz
    ✭✭✭
    "How to love your Nightblade with Dual Wield."
    Hunt Critters, as your menial damage output is not fit for larger prey.
    Waiting, and watching, for the return of Melee Weapons.
    -Subsidiary of The Fighters Guild
  • Loco_Mofo
    Loco_Mofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tjeerd wrote: »
    Loco_Mofo wrote: »
    What's your DPS with this setup if you don't mind me asking?
    That's a very good question. I have never used any addon for eso, so I don't know the actual dps. At the moment I don't really feel like using an addon only to answer your question, but maybe, if more people want to know, I will do it later.
    For this build DPS is only based on the Rapid Strikes skill, which is single target only. It takes down one enemy fast, but I don't think it will reach a really high DPS. Therefore in dungeons I switch with my bow for area based damage, which will probably reach a much higher DPS.

I am questing in a VR3 zone now and if I play serious, I never die and I can take on up to 3 enemies solo. Most people seem to struggle with more than two enemies and also most people think Nightblade ánd Dual Wield is underpowered.

My strategy is not about dps, but about balancing the fight, so it can last as long as I want. In my opinion that's more important than pure dps.

Fair enough, I was just curious. I'd suggest an add-on such as Recount when you do start playing with add-ons, great little tool that shows your DPS as well as your HPS in a little window that can be positioned anywhere on your screen.

Anyway you have an interesting build, that's for sharing. My NB is currently VR6 and I decided to forget about my DPS as well and go for a more balanced DW approach as well. You reminded me to try out Mass Hysteria on my DW bar and see how that goes against groups, getting sick of our bugged Shadow Cloak.
  • poodlemasterb16_ESO
    poodlemasterb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The synergy with the vampire line makes a very good NB. My son can sneak at full speed with a tiny detection radius. As well the ultimate 'Bat Swarm' is just perfect for tough groups.

I have a vampire sorc and she is amazing. My NBs are coming along well though.
  • Bromburak
    Bromburak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't worry about a non challenging trash video! You can simply ignore it ...
  • Zalathorm
    Zalathorm
    ✭✭✭✭
    SilverWF wrote: »

From a maximizing effectiveness standpoint, this is garbage.

The buildout for melee AOE with steel tornado and power extraction should at least include the mages rune with knockup.

No animation canceling.

VR2

No siphoning strikes.

It is not optimized. It's fine for leveling. It's somewhat effective. Well done. However, what you THINK you are showing (maximized and efficient stamina build comparable to other classes) is not at all what's there.

As has been said before, the groaning about nightblades isn't about "Look I can level fine" or "See i can kill 3 mobs". It's about DPS and COMPARATIVE effectiveness BETWEEN classes and builds.
  • ZOS_AmeliaR
    ZOS_AmeliaR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We're moving this thread to the Player Guides section (within the General Discussion category), as we believe it's a better fit for that section.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • SilverWF
    SilverWF
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The buildout for melee AOE with steel tornado and power extraction should at least include the mages rune with knockup.

No animation canceling.

VR2

No siphoning strikes.

It is not optimized. It's fine for leveling. It's somewhat effective. Well done. However, what you THINK you are showing (maximized and efficient stamina build comparable to other classes) is not at all what's there.

As has been said before, the groaning about nightblades isn't about "Look I can level fine" or "See i can kill 3 mobs". It's about DPS and COMPARATIVE effectiveness BETWEEN classes and builds.

Did you read description?
    I CAN do something in my unoptimised build that you all CAN NOT do.
    Moaners.
    • PC EU. Ebonheart Pact. CP 1k+
    • YouTube: All ESO disguises (2014)
    • EU players are humans too! We want our maintenances in the least pop time (at deep night) and not lasted for several hours!
    • Animation canceR - is true PvP cancer! When you can't see which actions your opponent do - you can't react properly on them!
  • Zalathorm
    Zalathorm
    ✭✭✭✭

Did you read description?
    I CAN do something in my unoptimised build that you all CAN NOT do.
    Moaners.

Where did I say I can't do those things? Quote me.

Besides, you continue to miss the point. I will attempt to explain it again. The complaining about nightblades isn't about simply kills x number of things at once. It's not about what a nightblade can or cant do in a vacuum.

It's about how well a nightblade can do those things COMPARED TO other classes or magicka based builds.
  • Bromburak
    Bromburak
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't waste your time with sophomoric youtube clowns, not worth it!
  • Tjeerd
    Tjeerd
    Soul Shriven
    Derailing my thread I see. This was never about "class vs class" or "Magicka vs Stamina".
    It's about a fun build with focus on battle control, instead of the DPS hype. Some suggestions were made to improve , thanks for that. Also some people mentioned they use a similar build, which was something I hoped to hear.
  • FrauPerchta
    FrauPerchta
    ✭✭✭
    I have 2 NBs. The most fun to play is the 5 medium, 2 light Khajiit who is all Class with only 2 Bow skills for drawing.
  • joshisanonymous
    joshisanonymous
    ✭✭✭✭
    Besides, you continue to miss the point. I will attempt to explain it again. The complaining about nightblades isn't about simply kills x number of things at once. It's not about what a nightblade can or cant do in a vacuum.

It's about how well a nightblade can do those things COMPARED TO other classes or magicka based builds.

To be fair, a lot of people really do complain about not being able to kill 3 mob pulls at all. That might not be your complaint, which I think is much more reasonable, but I've definitely seen people claim a number of times that it's impossible to kill 3 mobs at once as a DW NB.
    Fedrals / EP / Dunmer Nightblade

• Mablung
    Mablung
    ✭✭✭✭✭

To be fair, a lot of people really do complain about not being able to kill 3 mob pulls at all. That might not be your complaint, which I think is much more reasonable, but I've definitely seen people claim a number of times that it's impossible to kill 3 mobs at once as a DW NB.

This was not a problem I had until patch 1.1.2 The remaining buff on mob health appears to be there and to some degree their damage as well.

I am VR9 and leveled all the way to 8 without grinding using dual wield. I had no problem with 3 mob pulls, now I cannot kill 1 of the 3 before I die.

I have a question for the other nightblades here, are the ones dying to 3 packs vamps by chance?
  • Tannakaobi
    Tannakaobi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I couldn't see the screen because someone has put a load of box's over the video... Also, it's more of a health build more than stamina. That song makes my ears bleed it's so generic.

Other than that, great video. :p