Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

Dragon Knight and the nerf bat

Soulcollectas
Soulcollectas
Soul Shriven
One more nerf to my DK and im done night blades vanish while in combat come out and hit you for a ton staff users nuke me for a ton enough already you cant fight somthing that you can't root you can't see to target im only good agasnt guards keep the garbage coming you should nerf my o wait there is nothing left that is worth a crap
  • Frinkles
    Frinkles
    ✭✭
    So true, So True. Let's be honest the class is called DRAGONKnight. Are they supposed to be killed by lowly mages? HELL NO! Dragons are the chief beast, actually I am outraged DragonKnights do not have a AoE insta kill spammable ability!
    Options
  • Thejollygreenone
    Thejollygreenone
    ✭✭✭
    One more nerf to my DK and im done night blades vanish while in combat come out and hit you for a ton staff users nuke me for a ton enough already you cant fight somthing that you can't root you can't see to target im only good agasnt guards keep the garbage coming you should nerf my o wait there is nothing left that is worth a crap

staff users? reflective scales. nightblades? try a few talons. there are ways to easily counter both of the situations you described specifically available to DK, try using them more often. also remember, green dragon blood is your friend.

no proposed nerfs to my knowledge affect the counters to either of the situations you described. i feel there's nothing left to say.
    Options
  • Ragnar_Lodbrok
    Ragnar_Lodbrok
    ✭✭✭✭✭

staff users? reflective scales. nightblades? try a few talons. there are ways to easily counter both of the situations you described specifically available to DK, try using them more often. also remember, green dragon blood is your friend.

no proposed nerfs to my knowledge affect the counters to either of the situations you described. i feel there's nothing left to say.
    You say talons? Which is broke and such a short radius as is useless?
    Options
  • jmoore59
    jmoore59
    ✭✭

You say talons? Which is broke and such a short radius as is useless?

O.o
    Options
  • Still_Mind
    Still_Mind
    ✭✭✭

Reflective is broken. It eats your magicka\stamina (equal to reflected spell's cost, I assume) with each reflect. You're better off blocking.

As for the original post. When the NB vanishes, hold block ASAP. Casters - if you're a weapon-based DK, gank them with a bow. Good Igneous Weapons Focused Aim+poison arrow sneak attack => medium-heavy+instant is arseloads of damage in a tiny timeframe. If you're principled melee, save stamina for charge\flying blade, drink potions. Chain pull is decent, but it bugs out due to lag, so I rarely use it myself. Learn to anticipate CC (got no tips here - comes with experience) to block it. If you get hit by it, it's usually feasible to break it ASAP.

If you're a DK firemage, you've got no right to complain. Loving my Dunmer DK.

None of the previous, or 1.2 nerfs (there are even mild buffs), are crushing. They won't decide if you win or lose.
    "I'm not *giving* him cake, I'm *assaulting* him with cake!"
    Options
  • Therium104
    Therium104
    ✭✭✭

It is a response by the devs in listening to a vocal minority of whiners and bads at the expense of the rest of the community.

It has to be the most pathetic thing I have witnessed in a MMO to date. Class adjustments need to make logical sense in the context of the whole game. These nerfs are just knee jerk reactions to to whines by garbage players who will never be happy with the game.
    Options
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think too many DKs locked themselves in FOTM OP builds and don't know what to do now that they are diminished. We don't have to cling to talon spamming guys, we can move into other builds, it's ok. Drop the Talons and go to other builds. Many of us don't even have talons on our bar.

The reason you are losing in that build is because it is inappropriate to your enemy. You have to choose builds that are appropriate to your enemies tool set.
    Edited by Armitas on June 10, 2014 2:07PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
    Options
  • Troponin
    Troponin
    ✭✭✭
    If everyone is pulling Talons off their bars after the nerf, then it sounds like they broke the skill.
    Options
  • Still_Mind
    Still_Mind
    ✭✭✭
    Troponin wrote: »
    If everyone is pulling Talons off their bars after the nerf, then it sounds like they broke the skill.
    It's not exactly broken - it's sometimes just doesn't hit the targets it's supposed to hit. I imagine this is the issue with latency and reduced range.
    "I'm not *giving* him cake, I'm *assaulting* him with cake!"
    Options
  • alexj4596b14_ESO
    alexj4596b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Still_Mind wrote: »
    It's not exactly broken - it's sometimes just doesn't hit the targets it's supposed to hit. I imagine this is the issue with latency and reduced range.

Scorc CC has the same problem it misses all the time
    Options
  • Lupinemw
    Lupinemw
    ✭✭✭
    Still_Mind wrote: »

The other issue is it's supposed to Root people, not let them bolt escape dragging it along or watch as archers keep walking backwards with it like some parking clamp..
    Elysium
    EU Casual Mature Daggerfall Covenant Guild

Would you like to know more?! Check us out below
    elysium-eso.guildlaunch.com
    Options
  • Pmarsico9
    Pmarsico9
    ✭✭✭✭
    I find this humorous honestly. DK's still have the highest damage potential in the game and have the best tanking tools that are easily applied by speccing into Draconic Power. No other class has a layout so clearly defined. A templar tank, for example, has to attain both 42 rank talents in Dawn's Wrath and Aedric Spear to even get remotely close to what the defensive CDs that a DK has available.

The class hasn't been nerfed enough.
    Options
  • demonlkojipub19_ESO
    demonlkojipub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The answer is to copy/paste and use the same skills as everyone else that were seen as OP in the first place. As well as light armor/staff, because all the good skills cost a lot of magica.
    Options
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pmarsico9 wrote: »
    I find this humorous honestly. DK's still have the highest damage potential in the game and have the best tanking tools that are easily applied by speccing into Draconic Power. No other class has a layout so clearly defined. A templar tank, for example, has to attain both 42 rank talents in Dawn's Wrath and Aedric Spear to even get remotely close to what the defensive CDs that a DK has available.

The class hasn't been nerfed enough.

The guild with the best trail runs right now is using a templar to tank. Though they are using DK/Sorc for dps so that does go to your other point about dps (prenerf).
    Edited by Armitas on June 13, 2014 1:39PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
    Options
  • Aeaeren
    Aeaeren
    ✭✭✭
    Frinkles wrote: »
    So true, So True. Let's be honest the class is called DRAGONKnight. Are they supposed to be killed by lowly mages? HELL NO! Dragons are the chief beast, actually I am outraged DragonKnights do not have a AoE insta kill spammable ability!

Standard of Might :open_mouth:
    Options
  • yelloweyedemon
    yelloweyedemon
    ✭✭✭
    779818_1.jpg
    Options
  • xMovingTarget
    xMovingTarget
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Armitas wrote: »
    Drop the Talons and go to other builds. Many of us don't even have talons on our bar.

What are these infamous Talons everybody is talking about? :smiley:

Never used em on my DK. And after all dem nurrrfs talons in the bar isnt even worth consideration. Theres so much better alternatives around. Since the root doesnt even works most of the times.
    Options
  • Beeftips
    Beeftips
    ✭✭✭
    In every game this always happens. The most OP class gets nerfed and then all of them think it's unfair because they can't WTF ROFLSTOMP people anymore. Just do what all the DKs now are doing, use shield charge and then burning talons to exploit the double stun bug. Follow that up with green dragons blood so it takes 4 people to kill you.

Also, NB shadow disguise/Dark cloak is broken. It rarely lasts the correct amount of time or just never goes off.
    Options