Maintenance for the week of July 1:
• NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Class additions instead of adding new classes

Tessitura
Tessitura
✭✭✭✭✭
I was thinking about how I would like to see more skill options and a better ability to specialize our builds. This was mostly brought on by me desire for Necromancy skills and not wanting it to force me into a new class altogether. So I got an idea and I would like to swing it by you guys and see what you think.

Basically instead of adding new classes to the game, add a class morph system or specialization. What I am thinking is that after you reach fifty or some other bench mark, We get the option to pick between three Class additions. each one would add two new skill lines ( possibly three ) to your class tree.

Example
Sorcerer would have something like the choice between

1-Necromancer

2-Elementalist

3-Mystic

That is just examples of what might be done. If you have ideas for other class specializations or better ideas for the one I have here. Please let me know and I will add them to the examples list for concept ideas. ( Please help me build examples here. ) If you want to give examples of what some of these skills might be or do, then please include that as well.

This is my purposed alternative to adding new classes. It would give us new sets of skills allowing us to continue to customize our toons and still encourage some alts for those that are into that; yet allows those that do not want to start over to play how they want, to not have to.

This is just a rough idea so please weigh in, and if you like the concept then help it evolve.

Also, I do not know how this Spell Crafting system is supposed to work. It could possibly make the need for this sort of thing void.

• Nox_Aeterna
    Nox_Aeterna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well , i dont like the idea of picking certain skills / locking other out much because it would increase even more the already present and huge problem in the game related to tree synergy.

By that i mean how everyone can use weapon/armor X , but if class Y uses it , it becomes horribly OP (i guess we saw that mostly on vampires but still happens with light armor/staves) , which leads to nerfs that might then become a problem to the other class who did not have such strong synergy to start with.

Reason i prefer a open system where everyone can pick any skill.

Still , i believe the spellcrafting system will answer much of what you are looking for , or atleast i hope it does based on the other TES games and the mods that worked with this.

Ofc , that is just my opinion.
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
    -Hanlon's razor
    Options
  • Tessitura
    Tessitura
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well , i dont like the idea of picking certain skills / locking other out much because it would increase even more the already present and huge problem in the game related to tree synergy.

By that i mean how everyone can use weapon/armor X , but if class Y uses it , it becomes horribly OP (i guess we saw that mostly on vampires but still happens with light armor/staves) , which leads to nerfs that might then become a problem to the other class who did not have such strong synergy to start with.

Still , i believe the spellcrafting system will answer much of what you are looking for , or atleast i hope it does based on the other TES games and the mods that worked with this.

To be honest, I totally agree with you on not having class exclusion. But it is very rare if ever, that a game changes a core system like this once it has been released. This is me trying to work within the established core while still being creative enough to find a new way to enhance customization.

However, you did give me a new idea. It could instead of being a set few for select classes, be a pool of new specializations that any class can choose from. How does that sound?
    Options
  • Pyatra
    Pyatra
    ✭✭✭
    Until they give more info about spellcrafting I am hesitant to make suggestions as they may have something cool already planned.
    Options
  • Nox_Aeterna
    Nox_Aeterna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tessitura wrote: »

To be honest, I totally agree with you on not having class exclusion. But it is very rare if ever, that a game changes a core system like this once it has been released. This is me trying to work within the established core while still being creative enough to find a new way to enhance customization.

However, you did give me a new idea. It could instead of being a set few for select classes, be a pool of new specializations that any class can choose from. How does that sound?

Well , for that to work without adding to the problem i spoke above , i think people would need to be able to change their picks, example:

Templars + Necromancer are really OP , to fix this you nerf either the templar or the necro.

But , DK + Necromancer is not really OP , it seems balanced.

And ofc lets assume that by then the templar on itself is more balanced.

So now if you nerf templar or the necro , you have a lot of annoyed players who did not use said combo.

Eitherway , if players cant change this after they pick (assuming they need to only pick some) , i see a lot more annoyed people around.

Or you could add a set of 3 for each class , and they could pick all 3 , but in any order at lets say , vet1/5/10 for example.
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
    -Hanlon's razor
    Options