The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Eso Build Branch folder?

METALPUNKS
METALPUNKS
✭✭✭
I am very confused. Right below my elder scrolls online folder there is this new folder that is labeled Eso_Build_Branch live. Does anyone have a clue to what this is? Also it seems some of my add ons are not saving stuff once I update, my settings or saved info.
  • zgrssd
    zgrssd
    ✭✭✭✭
    Noticed that folder too, after Craglong went life I think. Seems to be recreated by the game if missing.
    It might be a place to store addons/saved vars that are shared beween the clients, but I have not tested it yet (since there was nothing in the patchnotes about it it is propably not ready).

No idea about the other half of your question. Wich addosn are you talking about? It is not uncommom the reset userdata when a major version switch occured and the saved var accessor object provides functions to automatially track if the exisitng data is invalid.
    Also note that there is quite a delay between reloadui and the data being written to disk.
    Elana Peterson (EU), Dominion, Imperial Sorc, Rune & Alchemy Crafting Char
    Leonida Peterson (EU), Daggerfall, Kajiit Nightblade, Tank & main Crafter
    Kurga Peterson (EU), Ebonhart, Ork Dragonknight, Provision Mule
    Coldblood Peterson (EU) Argonian Templer, Daggerfall, Healer
    Incendia Peterson (EU), Dominion, Dunmer Dragonknight, fire DPS & healer
    Haldor Belendor (EU), Ebonhart, Breton Sorcerer, Tank
    Fuliminictus Peterson (EU), Ebonhart, Altmer Sorcerer, Electric DPS

Me babbling about PvE roles and Armor, Short Guide to Addon Programming (for Programmers)

If you think anything I or somebody else said violates the Rules of this Forum, you are free to flag my posts. Till I get any notifcaion from this, I just asume you know you have no case against me or Zenimax disagrees with you.
  • METALPUNKS
    METALPUNKS
    ✭✭✭
    zgrssd wrote: »
    Noticed that folder too, after Craglong went life I think. Seems to be recreated by the game if missing.
    It might be a place to store addons/saved vars that are shared beween the clients, but I have not tested it yet (since there was nothing in the patchnotes about it it is propably not ready).

No idea about the other half of your question. Wich addosn are you talking about? It is not uncommom the reset userdata when a major version switch occured and the saved var accessor object provides functions to automatially track if the exisitng data is invalid.
    Also note that there is quite a delay between reloadui and the data being written to disk.

Ok so after phone calls with ZOS and chatting with a addon author I can confirm that folder is NOT supposed to be there. If left there you run a slight chance to reset addon info and settings, as well as game settings. So delete it asap. I did and everything is working fine. If you look you see folders within the folder but no content in any of the folders, it is basically an empty duplicate.
  • lonewolf26
    lonewolf26
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After today's patch push (2.1.9) I noticed all of my settings had been reset and add-ons were missing. Doing a little digging in my user profile directory I came across an ESO_BUILD_BRANCH folder similar to that mentioned in this thread I've necroed.

Exiting out of the client and moving this directory out of the way seemed to work and I was able to launch ESO with my add-ons and settings as they were before the patch. Just an FYI in case others came across the same thing today.
  • Ayantir
    Ayantir
    ✭✭✭✭
    eso_build_branch is the placeholder for live or liveeu
    you can delete it safely, but check before if your data is nnot in.
    Obsessive Compulsive Elder Scrolls addons Coder
    A Few millions downloads of ESO addons now.
    Master crafter on my main char since release. All tradeskills, recipes \o/, researchs (since long), 35 styles known
    My little french Guild: Cercle de l'Eveil
  • AkeGamer
    AkeGamer
    ✭✭
    Why would some of us have it and some not? I do not and I'm an addon addict.
  • Ayantir
    Ayantir
    ✭✭✭✭
    This folder is created by game itself, it's a little ZOS bug, not addon related.
    Obsessive Compulsive Elder Scrolls addons Coder
    A Few millions downloads of ESO addons now.
    Master crafter on my main char since release. All tradeskills, recipes \o/, researchs (since long), 35 styles known
    My little french Guild: Cercle de l'Eveil