Maintenance for the week of May 27:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 27

How Do You Defeat Cassio Varo in Arthiel Quest?

AngryWolf
AngryWolf
✭✭✭
I'm finding this a tough boss fight, maybe because I'm a sorcerer. This boss heals all the time and the fight could go on indefinitely. I think using knockback is somehow the answer, and I get up close and try interrupting the heal with my staff(both mouse buttons) but most of the time it doesn't work. My alt weapon is a healing staff, so that wouldn't be any help.

Just wondering what tips tricks others have used?
  • fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've not done this particular fight as far as I can remember, in general I use a Resto staff in most boss fights where this is an issue, it's slower but means getting up close is doable.

Sure, you don't get any damage skills with the staff but there are more than enough Sorc skills that will do the work, I use a clannfear and a healing skill slotted with three Sorc skills to do the work.
    Options
  • DenverRalphy
    DenverRalphy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used resto staff with one healing ability slotted. Rest of my skills were sorc skills for damage (though simple weapon damage with the occasional curse probably did most of the work). I stood toe to toe, and whenever she started to heal, I just bashed with left and right mouseclicks to interrupt. My clannfear nipping her from behind and occasionally taking aggro off me. The fight took a few minutes, nothing extreme. The damage I took was nothing my one healing skill couldn't handle.

Just lure and kill her pet first. After that, the damage she does is pretty negligible.
    Edited by DenverRalphy on June 9, 2014 3:01PM
    Options
  • PBpsy
    PBpsy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I can't say how to do it with a sorc but the basic idea is to lure the add and kill it while not loosing the flame atronach . If you don't split the fight it becomes even more stupidly hard. After the add is dead your job is pretty much to stay alive while interrupting each and every one of her healing attempts. The atronach will do the damage for you. Otherwise be invincible have huge dps and interrupt her or team up.

For intrerupts you can use Shield bash, bash, poison arrow and any other thing you might have as a sorc. I haven't tried Volcanic Rune but maybe that could work also.

Also if your atronach is dead it will respawn at the begging of the corridor after some time but so will everything else.
    Edited by PBpsy on June 9, 2014 3:00PM
    ESO forums achievements
    Proud fanboi
    Elitist jerk
    Troll
    Hater
    Fan of icontested(rainbow colors granted)
    Options
  • Whisper292
    Whisper292
    ✭✭✭
    One good thing about fighting Cassia Varo is that you're not forced into solo play. If you continue to have trouble, see if you can find someone to group with you for the fight.

They were right in that you have to separate her from her pet Ogrim. Lead him back down the tunnel and fight him alone, then go back to her and do your best to interrupt her healing while pounding on her as best you can. If you can keep her from healing, you will eventually wear her down.
    ---
    Love all, trust few, do wrong to no one. - William Shakespeare
    Options
  • columbineb14_ESO
    columbineb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Kill the ogrim first, as everyone has already said.

You have to interrupt every single one of her casts. Every. Single. One. And you have to do it the hard way - don't depend on any skills you have that have stuns/knockbacks (as far as I could tell she was immune to knockback anyway). Get in melee range and stay in melee range - yup, even the casters - have some heals because you won't have time to move in and out of her AOE flames (but they're not too bad).

I have had interrupt mapped to a single key since forever because I can't ever get the mouse button timing right, and if you have trouble with it, I recommend you do too.

Assuming the fire elemental's still alive - you can revive him by moving near one of the area's two exits - he'll eventually kill her if you can just interrupt all her casts.
    I have just told you more than I know.
    Options
  • Whisper292
    Whisper292
    ✭✭✭
    I have had interrupt mapped to a single key since forever because I can't ever get the mouse button timing right, and if you have trouble with it, I recommend you do too.

I didn't know you could map interrupt to a key! I'm all over that!

---
    Love all, trust few, do wrong to no one. - William Shakespeare
    Options
  • AngryWolf
    AngryWolf
    ✭✭✭
    Great advice everyone..thanks! I'm all over remapping a key to interrupt as well and hoping that works better:)
    Options
  • AngryWolf
    AngryWolf
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks @columbineb14_ESO ! Remapping did the trick. Still a little tough and help from an Atronarch...but got her :D
    Options
  • bloodenragedb14_ESO
    bloodenragedb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    first, lure and kill the ogrim solo. then attack varo, when it starts healing, bring up your block and bash it, interrupting its attack. remember that you have to be close for this to work.
    Options