Maintenance for the week of July 1:
• NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

(updated with videos) I made a video of the new Templar "Puncturing Sweep Heal" coming patch 1.2

t.claudio.usnub18_ESO
Edited by t.claudio.usnub18_ESO on June 8, 2014 7:36PM
  • Ker.Rakb16_ESO
    Ker.Rakb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    That was one hell of a buggy battle.
    Options
  • t.claudio.usnub18_ESO
    That was one hell of a buggy battle.
    sorry new to video making but i was trying to get low on health to show you how much i heal. the new sweep heal is a god send to Temps, gives us a nice damage to heal ratio.
    Options
  • TheGrimaceOR
    TheGrimaceOR
    ✭✭
    Yeah because that's what was wrong with the templar class; difficulty healing.
    Options
  • Kegero
    Kegero
    ✭✭
    VR12 Templar (heal spec) here.

Is it just me or does the new healing ability seems a bit too strong (OP)?
    I imagine myself standing in my extended ritual and channeled focus while just spamming this ability.
    It could be even more viable/safe than impulse/volcanic rune.

Well, if this goes live at least templars will have an OP ability, too :)
    Options
  • ElSlayer
    ElSlayer
    ✭✭✭
    Your mana pool got depleted quite fast. Seems balanced in terms of effect/cost ratio.
    @d0e1ow: There is no singular thing within a game's little ecosystem that will convince you that you hate the game, hate your life, and hate everyone around you faster than the game's official forums will.

@TaffyIX: Life is too short to get upset by a video game.
    Options
  • Still_Mind
    Still_Mind
    ✭✭✭
    ElSlayer wrote: »
    Your mana pool got depleted quite fast. Seems balanced in terms of effect/cost ratio.
    He was not wearing light armour with magicka-heavy enchants. He'd have way more jabs in his "clip" this way.
    "I'm not *giving* him cake, I'm *assaulting* him with cake!"
    Options
  • ElSlayer
    ElSlayer
    ✭✭✭
    Still_Mind wrote: »
    He was not wearing light armour with magicka-heavy enchants. He'd have way more jabs in his "clip" this way.
    Then I guess we can't argue on that unless it is properly tested out.
    @d0e1ow: There is no singular thing within a game's little ecosystem that will convince you that you hate the game, hate your life, and hate everyone around you faster than the game's official forums will.

@TaffyIX: Life is too short to get upset by a video game.
    Options
  • Kililin
    Kililin
    ✭✭✭✭

This is an important point.
    At first i was thinking, this does not look very impressive.
    But then i realised he is using HA/2hand :wink:
    Options
  • Still_Mind
    Still_Mind
    ✭✭✭
    Then I guess we can't argue on that unless it is properly tested out.
    There's nothing to test. In heavy armour, with the amount of mana that he had, I can do, like, 4-5 Talons on my DK before I run dry. In light armour (Seducer, cost reduction jewellery, etc), I can pretty much spam it on demand.
    Options
  • Dudis
    Dudis
    ✭✭✭
    Bit off topic but what addon do you use for the combat text? :P
    Options
  • Still_Mind
    Still_Mind
    ✭✭✭
    Dudis wrote: »
    Looks like Combat Cloud.
    Options
  • t.claudio.usnub18_ESO
    Dudis wrote: »
    Combat Cloud.
    Options
  • t.claudio.usnub18_ESO

I was wearing 7 heavy with magic chants and a few stam and health, pretty much what ever I was given in the PTS premade test character
    Options
  • t.claudio.usnub18_ESO
    I can maybe make a video in full light armor with light armor passives.
    Options
  • Kililin
    Kililin
    ✭✭✭✭

Yes please, would love to see a clip with optimized equip/skills.
    Options
  • t.claudio.usnub18_ESO
    Kililin wrote: »

Yes please, would love to see a clip with optimized equip/skills.
    Done, I just uploaded a Templar using a 7 piece light and resto staff.

Options
  • Kililin
    Kililin
    ✭✭✭✭
    @t.claudio.usnub18_ESO
    Thank you for your effort.
    I think its pretty cool, a step in the right direction.
    Also should be a good tanking tool, shouldnt it?
    Options
  • t.claudio.usnub18_ESO
    @t.claudio.usnub18_ESO

I hate saying this but I took less damage using a 2 Hander then with a Sword and Shield and this is because of the shield proc I get from using Brawler (Cleave morph), that shield proc from Brwaler scales with stamina so in a nut shell you can in theory block more incoming damage using a 2 hander then you could using a sword and shield also do way more burst damage, this is something ESO devs need to address IMO unless they are cool with having 2 hand tanks in this game.
    Options
  • jesterstear
    jesterstear
    ✭✭✭
    Rather than give us a new skill they need to just fix the existing one, honour the dead.

And/or boost incoming healing modifier on heavy armour.
    And perhaps boost heavy armour spell resist.

And make spell effects blockable with shield.

And make range attacks not blockable without a shield
    Options
  • t.claudio.usnub18_ESO
    Rather than give us a new skill they need to just fix the existing one, honour the dead.

And/or boost incoming healing modifier on heavy armour.
    And perhaps boost heavy armour spell resist.

And make spell effects blockable with shield.

And make range attacks not blockable without a shield

I think one hand shield attacks need to cleave, as of now two hand has cleave attacks and with the damage shield from brwaler two hand seems to be the way to go if you want to tank.

Options
  • Nox_Aeterna
    Nox_Aeterna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok ... i dont know much about craglorn mobs , but do they just stand there most of the time looking at you? In that case that zone is easier than i thought.

Anyway , yeah seems quite awesome , probably will get a nerf before it gets to the main server.
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
    -Hanlon's razor
    Options
  • RangerChad
    RangerChad
    ✭✭✭
    Kegero wrote: »
    VR12 Templar (heal spec) here.

Is it just me or does the new healing ability seems a bit too strong (OP)?
    I imagine myself standing in my extended ritual and channeled focus while just spamming this ability.
    It could be even more viable/safe than impulse/volcanic rune.

Well, if this goes live at least templars will have an OP ability, too :)

No it's actually very balanced with DK and sorc group tactics, now he needs to show us the empowering sweep damage reduction too, perhaps do a larger group?
    Options
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those dogs are easily soloable even now. How do you fare against the wasp swarms?

In my own quick test I still ran out of majicka fast, then died. But I was using the terrible armour choices they give you when you make a new VR9 chracter. Better with all light?
    Options
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok ... i dont know much about craglorn mobs , but do they just stand there most of the time looking at you? In that case that zone is easier than i thought.

Anyway , yeah seems quite awesome , probably will get a nerf before it gets to the main server.

Yah that's my point. Those dogs just stand around not attacking while they figure out the angles for their charge attack.

The wasps on the other hand....

Options
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @t.claudio.usnub18_ESO

I hate saying this but I took less damage using a 2 Hander then with a Sword and Shield and this is because of the shield proc I get from using Brawler (Cleave morph), that shield proc from Brwaler scales with stamina so in a nut shell you can in theory block more incoming damage using a 2 hander then you could using a sword and shield also do way more burst damage, this is something ESO devs need to address IMO unless they are cool with having 2 hand tanks in this game.

1h and shield will always have a place because of the added blocking mitigation and reduced stam cost for blocking thru passives. Honestly find it hilarious that you are saying 2h does too much damage. 2h is utter crap at the moment and 1h and shield is the only relevant melee choice.
    You earned the 500 LOLs badge.
    You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
    Options
  • t.claudio.usnub18_ESO
    Those dogs are easily soloable even now. How do you fare against the wasp swarms?

In my own quick test I still ran out of majicka fast, then died. But I was using the terrible armour choices they give you when you make a new VR9 chracter. Better with all light?

Heavy Wisp https://youtube.com/watch?v=yFHYuf9W8_8&feature=youtu.be

Wisp Video this time also using Medium Armor/Dual Wield https://youtube.com/watch?v=4pVrqC9rsVo&feature=youtu.be

Edited by t.claudio.usnub18_ESO on June 8, 2014 7:38PM
    Options
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't mean to keep moving the goalposts, lol, but why is it with me there are 2 wasps at the hive then when you engage them suddenly 5 more show up (I think they come out of the hive) but this doesn't happen when you do it?

Don't feel compelled to test again, I can test it myself with my, evidently, crazy spawn rates.

Good videos btw.

Options