Maintenance for the week of July 1:
• NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

NB Shadow Cloak.. is it how you see it?

siuolly
siuolly
✭✭✭
I have a question for those who have encounters with NB as your opponent. When your opponent activate their shadow cloak, you'll see a big smoke and he/she "suppose to" vanish in thin air. However, if the guy move, you'll still see that smoke moving and eventually, you can tell where they come out of stealth. Is this what you see? Last night, I have an encounter with a nightblade and he tries to get away with Shadow cloak. I can see where he'll come out of stealth and prepare for a charge (of course he's dead afterward). I am a nightblade myself and if that's how you all see it, that sucks.

Unfortunately/fortunately, it didn't happend all the time. I seen NB get away with their shadow cloak.
  • Frinkles
    Frinkles
    ✭✭
    !!!! So thats how people find me when I shadow cloak! I thought it was some great predicting skills from taking the positions I was likely to go! Or sheer number of people searching for me...

But this makes more sense!
    Options
  • Jaxom
    Jaxom
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mine doesnt even work half the time. I also found out that Shadow Cloak and Dark Cloak does not protect you from keep guards (this has to be a bug). Every other npc in the game besides Cyrodiil, you are able to sneek past in Invis but not in Cyrodiil.
    Options
  • Frinkles
    Frinkles
    ✭✭
    Jaxom wrote: »
    Mine doesnt even work half the time. I also found out that Shadow Cloak and Dark Cloak does not protect you from keep guards (this has to be a bug). Every other npc in the game besides Cyrodiil, you are able to sneek past in Invis but not in Cyrodiil.

Nop not a bug. Somethings I noticed*

-All guards can see through invisibility.
    -Pulsar from Destroy staff hits people around rocks AKA they can hit you without you seen them.
    -Not only do dots break invis, but any attack that by lag was done to you while I were stealthing will break it.
    -The hidden sneak indicator is not reliable against magelight. You will be seen before the indicator switches to "detected" or slightly opens the eyes. Actually I have found that in PvP a half-closed eye = detected.

Which leads me to the question... Why should invisibility break on damage any damage in fact either your dots, or their dots? Wouldn't cloak not breaking on damage make it an escape ability actually on par with bolt?

The "there must be a way to get NBs out of invis" is already there with magelight... which... is passive....
    Options
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think having magelight active should prevent you from sneaking.

Either you want to detect stealthers, or sneak around, but not both at once (not to mention having a bright glowy ball circling around your head isn't exactly conductive to staying undetected)
    Options
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Frinkles wrote: »
    Which leads me to the question... Why should invisibility break on damage any damage in fact either your dots, or their dots? Wouldn't cloak not breaking on damage make it an escape ability actually on par with bolt?

ZOS has posted working to figure out how to fix the issue with Nightblade DoTs breaking their own stealth.
    As one of the invisibility morphs specifically removes DoTs off of the Nightblade, there likely is valid reason why DoTs break invisible.
    Sharee wrote: »
    I think having magelight active should prevent you from sneaking.

Either you want to detect stealthers, or sneak around, but not both at once (not to mention having a bright glowy ball circling around your head isn't exactly conductive to staying undetected)

The best way to detect people sneaking is Detection potions made with Alchemy.
    I just use Magelight for the Spell Crit.
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.
    Options
  • Frinkles
    Frinkles
    ✭✭
    Samadhi wrote: »
    ZOS has posted working to figure out how to fix the issue with Nightblade DoTs breaking their own stealth.
    As one of the invisibility morphs specifically removes DoTs off of the Nightblade, there likely is valid reason why DoTs break invisible.

I thought of that before writing the post, the immediate counter argument would be, that morph cleanses the dots and clears stuff like roots... Isn't that utility enough without any dot build making shadowy cloak useless?

EDIT* TLDR: Shouldn't the option be +survival, and +mobility, vs +dps?
    Edited by Frinkles on June 7, 2014 11:42PM
    Options
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I thought of that before writing the post, the immediate counter argument would be, that morph cleanses the dots and clears stuff like roots... Isn't that utility enough without any dot build making shadowy cloak useless?

EDIT* TLDR: Shouldn't the option be +survival, and +mobility, vs +dps?

I may be miscomprehending you, but is this post referring to the fact that a Nightblade using Crippling Grasp on an enemy is pulled out of invisibility automatically?
    If so, that is what I meant that ZOS has posted that they are examining to fix.

I think the reason Shadowy Disguise morph breaks when an enemy has a DoT on me is because the Dark Cloak morph is designed to remove them. This does make the options a decision between survivability or dps (the crit chance increase).
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Options
  • shad0w18
    shad0w18
    ✭✭
    IMO make Magelight's Morph Radiant Light detect stealth along with the 10% Spell Crit and Inner Light just get the 17% Spell Crit. There is so many anti-stealth methods out there :/
    Shadowstalk, Dominion-US VR6
    Vamp DW/Bow Stamina Build
    NA Auriel's Bow Veteran-1
    Options
  • Frinkles
    Frinkles
    ✭✭
    I think the reason Shadowy Disguise morph breaks when an enemy has a DoT on me is because the Dark Cloak morph is designed to remove them. This does make the options a decision between survivability or dps (the crit chance increase).

Well yea you are right I am actually going beyond the known bug ZOS admitted to be looking at.

But the choice you are setting up here is false! The current choice vs someone using dots or spamming anything in melee is. Dark Cloak an invis that, assuming they fix the cleanse, would work until the next AoE (AKA perfect for escaping) and well shadowy cloak which... while break as soon as you become invis.... Again why should stealth break on damage, any damage? Imagine for a moment if it didnt break on damage, and Shadowy Cloak meant you'd have to sit thru DK talons while IN stealth, while Dark Cloak would cleanse it and allow you to move out of it. THAT would be a fair and interesting choice in pvp.

I mean there is a reason why every single game out there gives a protection against damage to its vanishes. You NEED to be able to re-stealth while being damaged for it to be of any use! Right now I rely on shadow cloak alot more than I should.

EDIT* Choice to point out none of the above would have ANY effect on PvE >.>
    Edited by Frinkles on June 8, 2014 7:59AM
    Options
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ... Imagine for a moment if it didnt break on damage, and Shadowy Cloak meant you'd have to sit thru DK talons while IN stealth, while Dark Cloak would cleanse it and allow you to move out of it. THAT would be a fair and interesting choice in pvp.

If I were stuck in Talons and didn't have Stamina to roll out, I would prefer to weave in and out of invisibility than to sit invisible through it taking damage.
    The Shadow Barrier passive that provides Armour and Spell Resistance when coming out of Stealth does not activate if invisibility is chain cast; it only activates when exiting invisibility.

What I would really like to see would be the ability to roll and sprint without breaking invisibility.

Options