Maintenance for the week of July 1:
• NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Sun Fire and Solar Flare.

Zsymon
Zsymon
✭✭✭✭
The spellpower bonus from Solar Flare, does it apply to the damage-over-time from Sun Fire too, or only to its initial direct damage?

Best Answers

• cameo
    cameo
    I tried it last night, only a couple times so not sure if something else may have effected it. But Solar Flare did make the DoT ticks do more dmg on the Sun Fire cast after it. For example on the same boss mob, cast Sun Fire was doing 57 a tick, waited for DoT to drop off, casted Solar Flare then Sun Fire and DoT was doing 79 a tick.
    Options
    Answer ✓
  • ysimeonoveb17_ESO
    ysimeonoveb17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Both Sun Fire's and all ticks of its dot benefit from boosts like Dark Flare/ Solar Barrage and Might of the Guild. Volcanic Rune / Scalding Rune I think benefit only for the initial hit, but not sure - tested it long time ago.
    Options
    Answer ✓
  • Nidwin
    Nidwin
    ✭✭✭
    No idea but that's a good question.
    Nidwinqq Templar (healzzz) United Warhammer Vets
    Nidwinqq RR100 Magus till the end, R.I.P. Badlands
    Options
  • Zsymon
    Zsymon
    ✭✭✭✭
    No one have any idea, or any way to test?
    Options
  • cameo
    cameo
    Hit mob with Sun Fire, check DOT dmg. Hit next mob with Solar Flare then Sun Fire, check DOT dmg?
    Options
  • Comaetilico
    Comaetilico
    ✭✭✭
    during beta all "single use" spellpower/weapon damage bonus didn't apply to dot... that is because DoT and HoT are calculated every second and not at the moment of cast... so if your power increase or decrease after you cast a dot/hot the damage/healing will change in accordance...

I'haven't checked since release since I'm not using any "single use" boost like those... but as suggested it is quite easy to check ^^'
    Options
  • Zsymon
    Zsymon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Cameo!
    Options