The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Provisioning Item Suggestion - Naming Conventions

Circuitous
Circuitous
✭✭✭✭✭
I submitted this as ingame feedback already, but I thought it'd be nice to bring it up here and see if there's support for the idea.

I think it's a bit odd that food vendors only sell expired stock. I can understand opening a nightstand and finding a flat beverage in it, but any NPC advertising the freshness of their produce shouldn't have anything involving the word "Congealed" on their shelves.

As such, I submit that Normal Quality (white) items simply be given the default food name.

Furthermore, Rare Quality (green) items could be given a simple "Homemade" prefix. This avoids confusion and makes it clear to new players how the item is acquired.

If the possibility exists, the "Flat," "Congealed," etc. prefixes could be used on a new grey tier of food items that would represent the random drops.

I have no idea how simple this would be to implement, and I've no doubt the team has other concerns to attend to, but I offer the suggestion all the same.
Thank Stendarr it’s Fredas.
Elanirne: Altmer Templar Healer, DC
Auria Dolabella: Imperial Nightblade Tank, DC