Blight of the Bosmer (broken boss NPC)

Crescent
Crescent
✭✭✭✭
So the shade you fight at the end, basically has such an obscure, almost nonexistent telegraph for his uppercut/heavy swing knockback attack. The glow effects for the uppercut charge up attack are pretty much obscured, if you have any spell with particle effects like lightning you will easily miss it.

So you're gonna be flying around from getting an uppercut to the face out of nowhere on top of losing over half your health at armor cap. I ate two out of the blue heavy swings from him thanks to my Storm Astronach obscuring all of it.

And don't try to dodge roll out of the cone. Stay on the center of it with the boss because dodge roll is worthless against AoE effects and you will eat a whopping 1.4k damage from the ice cone if you try to dodge roll out of it.

The dodge roll in this game is so weak...
  • crislevin
    crislevin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    need to hold block at all time, you can do curse and shard while still holding the right mice button, although it may not block at that moment, still easier to do than blocking opportunistically.
    Options
  • Crescent
    Crescent
    ✭✭✭✭
    crislevin wrote: »
    need to hold block at all time, you can do curse and shard while still holding the right mice button, although it may not block at that moment, still easier to do than blocking opportunistically.

I'm not a caster. I'm melee and blocking all the time drains my stamina bar, which melee use for damage.
    Options
  • chaosme
    chaosme
    ✭✭✭
    The ice cone you mentioned, was it a skill that drops a circle of ice effects around the mob who used it? If so, staying in the centre is actually the safe zone.
    Options
  • Crescent
    Crescent
    ✭✭✭✭
    chaosme wrote: »
    The ice cone you mentioned, was it a skill that drops a circle of ice effects around the mob who used it? If so, staying in the centre is actually the safe zone.

Yes, but the problem is that he dropped that circle at the same time as he dropped the Negate Magicka field, which prevents you from using any abilities for 10 seconds. So I could stand in the center for 10 seconds as he melee'd me without being able to use any defensive skills or offensive ones.
    Options