The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Tomatoes 'drop' rate is awfully low

Redwyrm
Redwyrm
✭✭
I've got my provisioning hireling for one month already, and he brought me two tomatoes only once.

I understand that tomatoes somewhat equal to legendary crafting materials, and should 'drop' at same rate. But they are not. I have over 40 legendary upgrade material of each other crafting profession, but, like i said, still only two tomatoes.
  • Yakidafi
    Yakidafi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You say tomatoe I say tomato.

This is how it go with the greenhouse effect.

Very rare, yes. Buy from others, would be cool if all legendary were only obtained via hireling.
    Moons and sands shall be your guide and path.
    PC EU/NA
    Options
  • Nazon_Katts
    Nazon_Katts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got two. Never seen one. Now I got two. Lucky me.
    "You've probably figured that out by now. Let's hope so. Or we're in real trouble... and out come the intestines. And I skip rope with them!"
    Options
  • taylorwilenskiub17_ESO
    Yakidafi wrote: »

Very rare, yes. Buy from others, would be cool if all legendary were only obtained via hireling.

Nobody sells their tomatoes because they are so rare. Tomatoes and Oats are the rarest crafting materials in the game right now.
    Options
  • Yakidafi
    Yakidafi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yakidafi wrote: »

Nobody sells their tomatoes because they are so rare. Tomatoes and Oats are the rarest crafting materials in the game right now.

Everybody have their prize :)
    Moons and sands shall be your guide and path.
    PC EU/NA
    Options
  • Blade_07
    Blade_07
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, the drop rate on those two items is even more STUPID rare then pepper is by a long ways. And I thought pepper has a bad drop rate......not even close to tomatoes and oats which I have never ever seen in the game since the beginning! Pepper drop rate was good at the beginning of the game and they should have never fu???? with it like they have. Now I'm lucky if I even get 1 pepper after several hours of straight farming crates, baskets, bags, barrels, chests, cabinets, closets, and desks. Did I miss anything that may drop pepper? >,<
    “Man can live about forty days without food, about three days without water, about eight minutes without air, but only for one second without hope.”

Options
  • ZiRM
    ZiRM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know where to get Tomatoes but shhhhh I won't tell. >:)
    Want to become Vampire? 5k @ZiRM in game.
    ESO Server Status. ( ^_^)o自自o(^_^ ) SkåL!!!!!
    Options
  • KitLightning
    KitLightning
    ✭✭✭✭
    The domadoes are in scarcity 'cause they above all is the best throwing apparatus currently implemented in the game, i.e. high splash vs. little use of stam...
    "I'd rather be insane in a sane world, than sane in an insane world!" ~Me
    Warning - This is a spoiler and looking at it for too long may cause irrecoverable eyesight issues.
    ◔̯◔

MechWarrior: Living Legends – Total conversion modification for Crysis Wars.

kitlightning.deviantart
    Options
  • bruceb14_ESO5
    bruceb14_ESO5
    ✭✭✭
    Provisioning hireling drops do not seem worth the skill points.
    Options
  • Cepeza
    Cepeza
    ✭✭✭

Punk! Sure they are! I've got 6 tomatoes since beta. Whooo!

/sarcasm off
    Options
  • class101
    class101
    ✭✭✭

It does because you stock mats only obtainable by hirelings and you will be happy the day you'll need them

It is worth spending 9 points in Food+hireling or Brew+Hireling, rather than 12 in Brew+Foods
    Options