The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Would love some feedback or acknowledge from ZENIMAX

Randay
Randay
✭✭✭
I would love to hear some feedback from the Devs about the current issues:

Discussed in those threads:
Textures get muddy/low-res since 1.1.2
Cant put fullscreen mode..

I am really happy to see some progress regarding Mac-Client improvement.
Started with beta and 5-day-early access and saw the game getting better and better.
Makes me happy ;)

But since 1.1.2 i have the feeling that there is a lack of communication.

Could any Dev please respond to our discussions? Any acknowledgement or feedback would be greatly appreciated ^^

if less really is more, then maybe nothing is everything
  • Randay
    Randay
    ✭✭✭
    i have also having troubles with FPS, i just started a new character in the same alliance and noticed that it is a completely different FPS experience than i was used to in the same areas when i started playing the game.

i am not playing on a mac pro.

i think this issue is related to the windowed fullscreen. already in beta i discovered that when i play in windowed mode, the FPS would be really bad in certain situation. Now that we dont have "real fullscreen mode", i think this is also causing fps problems.

cheers
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Randay wrote: »
    i have also having troubles with FPS, i just started a new character in the same alliance and noticed that it is a completely different FPS experience than i was used to in the same areas when i started playing the game.

i am not playing on a mac pro.

i think this issue is related to the windowed fullscreen. already in beta i discovered that when i play in windowed mode, the FPS would be really bad in certain situation. Now that we dont have "real fullscreen mode", i think this is also causing fps problems.

cheers
    It is exactly the same true Fullscreen as I've explained already in other threads. It should be fixed in settings to show how it actually works i.e. true Fullscreen & Windowed in an update (maybe next one depends on testing I imagine) Mac client just doesn't support Maximised Fullscreen. As noted before there may be some difference how MBP deals with this.
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    And here you go. Developer's will never post to forums but it's from CS staff in this Mac section;
    ZOS_MichelleA admin
    12:06PM Staff Post
    Hello, @Moonraker‌ and @veluccia‌. We wanted to give you a few quick updates in regard to these issues.
    As Moonraker has helpfully stated, the GPU bugs should have been sorted out in a previous patch.
    We've identified the source of the blurry textures issue you're experiencing now, and it will be fixed in an upcoming patch.
    Additionally, we have opened tickets with our Customer Support team in regard to your /bug and add-ons issues, so that this can be investigated. Thank you both for your patience, and for the information you've provided so far in this thread!
    source

Think we just have to be patient and wait for the patch to go live today (NA, EU tomorrow) and see how the changes impact the FPS or not. Weekly patches is not so bad.

Personally I have no difference in performance since 1.1.2 with little difference between Fullscreen and Windowed as before.
    Edited by Moonraker on June 2, 2014 12:03PM
  • SamWale
    SamWale
    ✭✭
    That's great, let's hope this update solves the problem. It's still early days so only a matter of time before it all gets figured out :smile:
  • Randay
    Randay
    ✭✭✭
    SamWale wrote: »
    That's great, let's hope this update solves the problem. It's still early days so only a matter of time before it all gets figured out :smile:

yeh, but i think in the next 1-2 months the issues should get resolved. everyone has some patience, but it also is limited.

i personally do see improvement for the client. thats a good thing. so if i ready correctly, the 1.1.3 patch is brought live right now? yay, ill play tonight to see if it is resolved

squeeeeee
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    SamWale wrote: »

yeh, but i think in the next 1-2 months the issues should get resolved. everyone has some patience, but it also is limited.

i personally do see improvement for the client. thats a good thing. so if i ready correctly, the 1.1.3 patch is brought live right now? yay, ill play tonight to see if it is resolved

squeeeeee
    Both Megaservers are now updated so it's just client to update for 1.1.3 when you launch. It's not a big one.
  • Randay
    Randay
    ✭✭✭
    have you played alredy moon? what about the muddy textures? what about the fps? what about fullscreen? memory leak?

addicted for feedback :D
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't get the muddy textures but then I haven't played for extended periods for the last few days up to two hours maximum. Maybe due to larger VRAM on the Nvidia 780M? So hard for me to say but from other reports it is back to how it was essentially i.e without that very low textures. Generally they will play at around Medium then lower at certain memory level parameter but not right down to lowest textures if I understand it right as before.

In PVE I'm like most and can play for hours before a crash though I monitor Activity Monitor and reboot when I get close to avoid that. I haven't played long enough to get a feel for if it is any different.

They did mention some memory improvement for PvP but I don't get the chance to test that as often so hopefully other scan comment better how it is there and if there is indeed any improvement generally in Cyrodiil as they did say there should be in the patch notes. I don't believe that there is any specific Mac client change for that but I really didn't understand how they wrote the patch notes for this so who knows ;)

So far I can say that they fixed the Settings > Video to work correctly and you can adjust resolution again in Fullscreen and Windowed which are the two functioning modes for the Mac client. You can select Windowed (Fullscreen) but it doesn't default to it each time now and also doesn't do anything different than Fullscreen as before.
    Edited by Moonraker on June 3, 2014 11:57AM