The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Heal spell queueing?

Reco
Reco
✭✭✭
What happens when I cast two 'Healing Springs' or 'Mutagen' spells in a row, one immediately following the other?

Will the second be queued and applied automatically when the first one expires or is it only wasted magicka? Or will they be applied in parallel, doubling the heal power?

Has anybody actually tested this? Thanks!
  • AngryWolf
    AngryWolf
    ✭✭✭
    As far as I've been able to tell, it happens live. So it's only a waste if nobody needs healing. I watch the health of those I need to heal and only use it when I see someone's health dropping to save magika, otherwise it just using it up unnecessarily. Can't say I'm correct, but that's what I've noticed. Almost positive there is queuing.
  • tsvetan.dimitrov76cub18_ESO
    Healing springs stacks so it's kind of the best burst heal aside from templars heals
  • Reco
    Reco
    ✭✭✭
    Seeing how contradictory the posts are -- Has anybody actually tested this or are these urban legends? An official response would be welcome.
    Edited by Reco on June 1, 2014 5:47AM
  • DuelWieldingCheesyPoofs
    Healing springs stacks so it's kind of the best burst heal aside from templars heals

i dint k ow that, that's awesome thanks. Anything else that stacks or helps that isn't obvious in tool tip ? Sorc healer
  • stewartkub17_ESO
    We have had " Healing Springs " stack whilst in combat but can't attest to the others at this time, as I have not noticed it but will pay more attention from this point out of curiosity.
    Hope that helps :smile:
    jen
    My Cat >:) Makes Me Play
  • Reco
    Reco
    ✭✭✭
    OK, I just tested this myself:

Repeating Mutagen before the first cast expires is just wasting magicka (doesn't queue, doesn't extend duration or power).

Repeating Healing Springs before the previous expires doesn't waste magicka. However, it isn't queued (the second one doesn't start after the first one expires). Their effects add together, so they are like parallel bursts.

The above are the results of real tests.
    Edited by Reco on June 1, 2014 12:59PM