The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Craglorn group/story quests - please fix

Waters
Waters
Soul Shriven
I've been trying to do the story quests in Craglorn, and in their current state, they're difficult to find a group for. The reason really is that; if people are not on the same step, they're locked out of entering some of these 'special' instances inside the delve. For example, "The Warriors Call", in the Tomb of Na-Totambo (sp?), you need to enter a special door to get to the quest boss. People who are not on that specific step of the quest are completely locked out.

Really, if someone in the party is on the quest, then the whole group should be able to enter. The current implementation has made it incredibly hard to find 4 people who are all on the same exact step so that we can finish the series.
  • sflanagan21ub17_ESO
    Can't agree more with this comment. The other day me and 3 other guildmates tried to complete this quest. Two of us were running through the quest from the beginning. The other two had already completed the quest line and were unable to enter in the final door of the tomb.

Its pretty lame to require all members of a team to be on the exact same part of the quest in order to enter in the special areas, especially if someone has already done it.
  • jcfreakyob14_ESO
    Bumping this. I'm on that same exact part in the Warrior's Quest, and this is the second time I can't complete it because one other member is on a step ahead after defeating the Emperor. I can't understand for the life of me why they made it so others can't come help you with these quests unless they're on the exact same part. It's a freaking hassle at this point to try and find people on the same spot, let alone that have to do it still and haven't completed it.
  • Laura
    Laura
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yeah I just gave up because of this I started a big ol thread about it. Most people don't do it because of this, its just a lot of work without any pay off to keep having to catch people up and stuff.
  • Natjur
    Natjur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Waters wrote: »
    For example, "The Warriors Call", in the Tomb of Na-Totambo (sp?)
    I did not have that quest but a member did. When I made him team leader, we could follow them in that 'extra' room.

So hard to get people to do that instance let alone find someone who is at that stage of the quest. But now that I have that quest and at that stage, I am stuffed.

• luke.glanfordrwb17_ESO
    I heard this was fixed, but we couldn't get into the final boss room to help out. Same with the Elemental Army.

Can someone verify
  • like1tiger
    like1tiger
    ✭✭✭
    This needs to be fixed asap. We spent all day doing lower crag quests as everyone was on different quests and once u had done one quest you couldnt do the bosses again. We have so many ppl that want to help but u cant help them to kill the final bosses in each area as you are locked out of the final rooms unless u are on that boss. You spend all day getting ppl up to the last boss and you cant help them kill them
  • luke.glanfordrwb17_ESO
    Word was that if the person who hadn't completed the quest before was the group leader, then you could get the entire group into the locked rooms.

However we tested this, and no luck.

Surely this is not an intentional game design decision... it if it... wtf?
  • Frenkthevile
    Frenkthevile
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yesterday i spent 3 hours to kill the Air Atronarch in Elemental Army...why? Because i had to go around with 3 pple at different steps until EVRYBODY had the step ''Kill Air Atronarch''.
    Srsly, why you have to make things SO hard to complete...2,50h to have the same steps, then 10 minutes to clear Balmath, c'mon!!!
    i guess this is the reason why many pple just skipped VR content and grinded from VR1 to VR14 at world bosses!
    Edited by Frenkthevile on September 23, 2014 7:51AM
  • Dovaj
    Dovaj
    Was the 'fix' for these types of issues implemented yet? We had this issue with The Warrior's Call and with The Elemental Army, where we get to the last step of each and our group mate now has to solo the last step, since the other three of us had previously completed the quest.

Forcing grouping is one thing, but, denying someone the ability to participate once grouped is another, far more egregious occurrence. Please start understanding that not everyone can get with the the same four people, who are all on the same steps of group content every time they get a chance to game. Don't make things soloable, just make it so that we can share the activities that are gateways to other content, with our group/guildmates that want to group and play!
  • Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sadly, guys, you have understood wrong and I'll tell you why.

Yesterday - I still wonder how - I found groups to do 2-3 quest lines and even "spare" quests.

Not once, not a single time, we could do the content without first having redone the whole questlines from scratch so to be all "synced" on the same step.

Where there has been a change - is that people who completed a questline now can (how gracious of ZoS!) re-enter the caves and rooms again so they can help their friends. Before this change, once you'd completed certain steps you could not re-enter those rooms again, your friends were screwed. And why not, the quest could bug. And why not, ZoS fantastic "support" would tell you to "just" wait for the next server reboot or next game patch (they did to me, twice).

Only in Upper Craglorn, at limited places, if 2+ people have done certain steps, its possible for the other two to get "promoted" to their same step.
  • Dovaj
    Dovaj
    Are you saying that the 'fix' only applies to some Upper Craglorn content, and that you believe that there is no intention or at least there has been no statement about our specific situation being remedied?

We had three group members who had completed the quests mentioned above, in Lower Craglorn, earlier that day. A 4th player needed to get 'caught up' in the main Lower Craglorn storyline, so we tried to help. Player 4 could not share the quests they had(expected, as we'd already completed them), and when we got to the sealed door that is for the quest, only player 4 (who had the quest) could enter.

The level of frustration on the part of all the players, who are spending hours and hours trying to get guild members through group content, to get to more group content was very evident in Ventrilo this weekend. You can only ask friends for so much of their time (and it is even more frustrating when it is wasted as the content is not completable/enterable), before they go do the things they are ready for, without those that have not been able to get the gated stuff completed.
  • Desdemonte
    Desdemonte
    ✭✭✭
    Just did this last night. Same problem.

More of ZOS' *** grouping functions.

BTW, couldn't get a completion on the Hircine's Haunt dungeon either for some reason. Everything in the place was dead, but no completion.....
  • Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Dovaj wrote: »
    Are you saying that the 'fix' only applies to some Upper Craglorn content, and that you believe that there is no intention or at least there has been no statement about our specific situation being remedied?

1) I am not "saying" the fix applies to some Upper Craglorn. I have lived it 2 days ago and yesterday night. I think it's an updated situation enough, no?

2) I am not a future-seer so I have no idea if they have no intention to change Lower Craglorn again. I am not sure it's their priority, as they seem focused on the newest and future content. They might do a "revision" like they did for pre VR 10 dungeons but:

- don't bet your hat on that. They got full hands as is.
    - even then, it took months to get that revision done. By that time your friends have to have done it the harsh way.
    Edited by Vahrokh on September 28, 2014 6:46PM
  • Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Desdemonte wrote: »
    Just did this last night. Same problem.

More of ZOS' *** grouping functions.

BTW, couldn't get a completion on the Hircine's Haunt dungeon either for some reason. Everything in the place was dead, but no completion.....

There are 2 bugs. One affects every boss in game, the other Hircine.

The first one: if you never come close enough to a boss, your kill SHALL not register, even if you hit him. Had this crappy issues so many times playing a sorc, if I got 1 penny per bug occurrence, I'd be millionaire.

The bug is exacerbated if you shoot the boss from another room, like it can happen in certain Craglorn delves where bosses do a lot of AoE so you think you are smart and shoot them from behind the entrance of the next room. It's almost certain bug then.

The Hircine bug is a mix of the above and the terrain in there. Depending where you go it can bug in several ways (including the one used to exploit & grind XP) including not giving you the kill. Had to kill the bugger a number of times and if you think about it, it's not even easy finding a group to KILL it. Usually they want it to stay alive for hours and if you want to kill it they /kick.
  • Buster
    Buster
    Soul Shriven
    I agree, i have struggled so hard and long to find group who want to quest in Craglorn at an early veteran stage and its almost impossible to find anyone day after day.All i read is vr14 needed for daily pledges...no ones interested in grouping in craglorn anymore...its so frustrating im contemplating jacking it in. :(
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Buster wrote: »
    I agree, i have struggled so hard and long to find group who want to quest in Craglorn at an early veteran stage and its almost impossible to find anyone day after day.All i read is vr14 needed for daily pledges...no ones interested in grouping in craglorn anymore...its so frustrating im contemplating jacking it in. :(
    The problem with the craglorn main quests is fixed but many people do not know. The final lower one can be done even if some members have done it before and its an fast quest so ask some friends.
    The upper one can be done out of sync pretty well, we did it as an three man group, where one was done, me and one who was behind me.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Moyria
    Moyria
    ✭✭
    zaria wrote: »
    The problem with the craglorn main quests is fixed but many people do not know. The final lower one can be done even if some members have done it before and its an fast quest so ask some friends.
    The upper one can be done out of sync pretty well, we did it as an three man group, where one was done, me and one who was behind me.

No, it is not fixed. Two guild members needed help completing the final stage of Celestial Investigator in Lower Craglorn so myself and another guild member that had already completed the quest stepped in to help and even though one of the members that had not completed the quest had lead in the group, we could not activate the pillars.
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I was looking forward to questing in Craglorn, but with all these problems people are mentioning finding group partners that can actually help you complete your quests, it's not looking very promissing. I guess I'll see what happens after my VR11 DK finishes up Reapers March.
  • Ruben
    Ruben
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Moyria wrote: »
    No, it is not fixed. Two guild members needed help completing the final stage of Celestial Investigator in Lower Craglorn so myself and another guild member that had already completed the quest stepped in to help and even though one of the members that had not completed the quest had lead in the group, we could not activate the pillars.

I did that quest 3 or 4 times with my main. I'd say it's pretty fixed.
    DK Stamina DPS
    DK Magicka DPS
    DK Tank
    Templar Healer
    Sorcerer Stamina DPS
    Nightblade Magicka DPS
    Nightblade Stamina DPS
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Moyria wrote: »
    zaria wrote: »

I did the quest twice on the weekend. First time, I needed it along with two other players I grouped with, and my friend who came as the 4th had already done it. We had no problems getting the portal open.

Second time, one person in the group needed the quest and the other three were just coming along for the ride and we had no problems either.

I also did the Warrior's Call earlier in the week with one person who had the quest and 3 who had completed it and it worked with no issues.
    The Moot Councillor