The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

vet 1 and anoyed

Ashenangel
Ashenangel
✭✭
well iv finally managed to get to vet 1 and was all happy and excited then i relised all it ment is im being made to play through the last 2 maps i decided not too pick origanally:( i was at least hopeing for a change of look of mobs or maybe some extra attack skills on there part but no just playing through 2 maps i dint want to do in the first place :(
The worlds gone to hell in a hand basket >:)
  • p.hurst1b16_ESO
    p.hurst1b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Good way of putting it. VR zones are the same with more stats and that is it.

As an EP player I am having a hard time staying awake through DC and am vomiting in advance at the thought of enduring the AD maps and quests and snotty NPC's.

And NO I do not want to grind in Craglorn or anywhere else, not the way I choose to play and never will be.
    <Enigmatic Name> Is poaching new guild members again ! Apply on our webby with your CV and proof of identity and we can arrange an interview with a panel of our officers.
  • Yakidafi
    Yakidafi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why do you write about it here, really you did not mention that.
    Moons and sands shall be your guide and path.
    PC EU/NA
  • Ashenangel
    Ashenangel
    ✭✭
    its a gen disscustion i can post it here
    The worlds gone to hell in a hand basket >:)
  • Yakidafi
    Yakidafi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok.. :disappointed:
    Moons and sands shall be your guide and path.
    PC EU/NA
  • Animus0724
    Animus0724
    ✭✭✭
    Good way of putting it. VR zones are the same with more stats and that is it.

As an EP player I am having a hard time staying awake through DC and am vomiting in advance at the thought of enduring the AD maps and quests and snotty NPC's.

And NO I do not want to grind in Craglorn or anywhere else, not the way I choose to play and never will be.

Actually AD has some of the most interesting questlines in the game...Razum-dar anybody

Played through the EP storyline, the first 3 zones were dull and uninspiring.
    Edited by Animus0724 on May 31, 2014 9:37PM
    I take pride in being an incredibly smart dumb ass, or an incredibly dumb smart ass, either way I'm awesome.

-The Art Of Warfare (T.A.W.)
  • Aaklor
    Aaklor
    ✭✭✭
    what zenimax accomplishes by doing VR zones the way they do is kill replayability. After all that questing, I sure as hell don't want to reroll. Let alone on a diff realm. Laaaazy on their part.
  • p.hurst1b16_ESO
    p.hurst1b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Animus0724 wrote: »

Actually AD has some of the most interesting questlines in the game...Razum-dar anybody

Played through the EP storyline, the first 3 zones were dull and uninspiring.

It is a matter of personal choice, my point was to say from my experience that I did not want to play through campaigns that are not what I chose.

The thread is about the continuity of questing through VR ranks with no change except having to play through a faction that is not the chosen one. I am NOT interested in the AD faction, not the queen or her lackeys. It bores me and I find the NPC's annoying for the most part. I do not like the maps either. It is also the faction that breaks the lore of the game due to the explorer pack. And again through the VR experience.

This must be the same for many about one faction or another. I bet a lot that chose AD or DC do NOT like the EP stuff.

<Enigmatic Name> Is poaching new guild members again ! Apply on our webby with your CV and proof of identity and we can arrange an interview with a panel of our officers.
  • tanthil
    tanthil
    ✭✭✭
    Yea its funny i rerolled at lvl 5 because i hated the map i was on, got sent there at vr1 anyways only to find out that's only the start
  • RianaTheBosmer
    RianaTheBosmer
    ✭✭✭
    I plan to only play the VR content on one character because frankly, it isn't worth doing it all over again. I'm hoping that ESO devs will get smart and make craglorn VR1 and then go from there. The way they did it was stupid, honestly. There is now no reason at all for people to continue to play once they're done. No alts playing because who wants to do that.
  • subecsanur
    subecsanur
    ✭✭✭
    150++ lvl, not only your starter zone but the 2 others and .... please report all the bugs that still aren't fixed yet.

Open beta for console based gaming?
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    subecsanur wrote: »
    150++ lvl, not only your starter zone but the 2 others and .... please report all the bugs that still aren't fixed yet.

Open beta for console based gaming?

Because PC games before this never had bugs that you needed to report.
    ----
    Murray?
  • Fleymark
    Fleymark
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You do have other options for the vet ranks. You can grind mobs (it's reportedly quite fast in a group), PvP, do the PvP dailies, repeat vet dungeons when you get to them and, yes, questing in the next faction. Eventually after doing that you can do trials, craglorn, wear best gear for PvP etc. To what extent all that works, I'm not sure...I do the quests... But this is what I'm told can work. I did grind a bit in a group at vr1 farming leather and was surprised so see that I got about 1/4 of a rank in about 15 mins. They say after the patch its even faster. Most don't like grinding but as grinds go, that's not that bad.

Before everybody gets all bent out of shape and responds with "x is boring" "i don't want to have to group" "I don't PvP" etc etc and shoot the messenger bear in mind that I don't necessarily disagree. But there ARE other options.

I'm sure the majority of us would have liked to have had end game be in content tailored to our faction but some people actually like to do the other factions on one toon, complete all achievements, etc. As a proud hero of daggerfall I find the snotty high elves in AD annoying, too. I would rather kill them than run around collecting urine samples for them and other menial tasks that aid them in the war against my homeland, too. But it's still fun once you get past all that, imo.

In fairness to the devs, short of trippling the amount of content for each faction, I'm not really sure how else they could reasonably distribute all those skyshard training points without doing it this way.
    Edited by Fleymark on May 31, 2014 10:41PM