The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Saving PvP - Part 2, Discuss

StihlReign
StihlReign
✭✭✭✭
Currently the PvP population appears to be falling off a cliff.

In order to restore confidence, I believe the Devs should take a highly visible approach to restoring confidence.

A link to upcoming fixes in the launcher would help the community anticipate what's coming next and inspire confidence that their issues are being heard and addressed.

Eliminate troublesome bugs that have plagued PvP.

Examples:

Keep wall and door repair bug should be permanently fixed. (This bug prevents a character from repairing after siege unless they log out. /reloadui does not work. In extreme cases the user must jump to another campaign then back in order to repair). It has become commonplace to see characters logging in and out after a successful siege so they can repair and gain AP and/or VR for repairs.

Camps should be fixed. This bug is a gamebreaker. The camps are expensive and their failure turns the tide and balance of skirmishes, keep takeovers and the War effort. This single bug can change the tide for any Alliance and wipe hours of effort. Reinforcements are critical to gameplay strategy. Often some players can see the camp on the map while others cannot. We cannot destroy a bugged camp. We cannot use a bugged camp. The Limited Camps from the Cyrodiil Tutorial are bugged 90% of the time. We just need them to work. Everytime.

Fix Postern doors. Inner and outer wall Postern doors. Doors are a base function of the game. 25% of the time Postern doors Do NOT work. In rare instances none of the doors in a Keep work. It's incredible to see players running upstairs to jump over a wall of a keep they've fought hard to take.

Fix black holes. There are areas in Cyrodiil where players can walk or step and become stuck, unable to move, but able to crouch, open menus etc. The only way to move again is to jump to another campaign and return. Death by another player will not fix it, logging out won't fix it, neither will /camp or /reloadui.

Fix Caltrops. The issue is well documented.

Fix Mercenary Mages. The mages cannot be targeted, therefore they cannot be killed by the opposition.

"O divine art of subtlety and secrecy!

Through you we learn to be invisible, through you inaudible; and hence we can hold the enemy’s fate in our hands.” – Ch. VI, v. 8-9. — Master Sun Tzu

"You haven't beaten me you've sacrificed sure footing for a killing stroke." — Ra's al Ghul

He who is prudent and lies in wait for an enemy who is not, will be victorious — Master Sun Tzu

LoS
  • joshisanonymous
    joshisanonymous
    ✭✭✭✭
    StihlReign wrote: »
    In order to restore confidence, I believe the Devs should take a highly visible approach to restoring confidence.

A link to upcoming fixes in the launcher would help the community anticipate what's coming next and inspire confidence that their issues are being heard and addressed.

Erm, I think you're just not paying much attention.

Fixes in Progress (Patch 1.1.2)

Patch v.1.1.3 Preview

They even pointed out caltrops specifically. Be patient, you only have to make it to Monday.
    Fedrals / EP / Dunmer Nightblade

• StihlReign
    StihlReign
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I've seen it...lol I laughed.

We have a saying...tbv

Trust, but Verify.
    Edited by StihlReign on June 2, 2014 2:01PM
    "O divine art of subtlety and secrecy!

Through you we learn to be invisible, through you inaudible; and hence we can hold the enemy’s fate in our hands.” – Ch. VI, v. 8-9. — Master Sun Tzu

"You haven't beaten me you've sacrificed sure footing for a killing stroke." — Ra's al Ghul

He who is prudent and lies in wait for an enemy who is not, will be victorious — Master Sun Tzu

LoS
  • cjmarsh725b14_ESO
    cjmarsh725b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree, and all these issues need to be addressed asap. Also, there's the compass icons freezing, lag spikes when party members are outside of Cyrodiil and lag when groups have 6 parties (hopefully these two are addressed with this patch).
  • frwinters_ESO
    frwinters_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    StihlReign wrote: »
    Yeah I've seen it...lol I laughed.

We have a saying...tbv

Trust, but Verify.

Who is we?
  • dennis.schmelzleb16_ESO
    Fix skill-root bug.
    Where one of your skills bugs and you get rootet until you use that skill again. (Mostly happens with volcanic rune for me)