The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Underdog Bonuses and server count

Kiljaz
Kiljaz
✭✭✭
Personally I believe underdog bonuses are needed in some situations, but at the same time can be very detrimental to small scale pvp. For instance, if your alliance is severely under populated, you will completely dominate in small scale pvp of lets say 4on4 or 10v10 or even more so in 2v2 and 1v1 skirmishes. Underdog bonuses, if not applied properly will ruin pvp for soloers and gank squads on the larger populated alliances.

Therefore I think underdog bonuses should apply in areas within cyrodiil, not just zone wide.

The implementation of this of course is a little tricky and you will always have some instances of overlap where it's not exactly fair, but it will be a lot better than zone wide bonuses in my opinion.

What does everyone else think?
Edited by Kiljaz on May 31, 2014 4:13AM

Underdog Bonuses and server count 19 votes

Underdog bonuses for entire zone
31%
Ronethfrwinters_ESOnukeyooTaonnorAvidusHazardousNovex 6 votes
Locational underdog bonuses such as within 1000 meters of each keep.
10%
TabkeyCody 2 votes
Underdog bonuses are a bad idea.
5%
Izatar 1 vote
No underdog bonuses and reduce server count down to 4 servers.
52%
TintinabulaTeargrantsEivarcris13crossb16_ESOddrew122ub17_ESOTheGrandAllianceOblongshipDontBeAfraidFireCowCommandoKiljaz 10 votes
  • nukeyoo
    nukeyoo
    ✭✭✭
    Kiljaz wrote: »
    Personally I believe underdog bonuses are needed in some situations, but at the same time can be very detrimental to small scale pvp. For instance, if your alliance is severely under populated, you will completely dominate in small scale pvp of lets say 4on4 or 10v10 or even more so in 2v2 and 1v1 skirmishes. Underdog bonuses, if not applied properly will ruin pvp for soloers and gank squads on the larger populated alliances.

Some peoples logic never ceases to amaze me. How does a faction that is severely under populated "completely dominate small scale pvp"?

Secondly how does someone that is small scaling on a under populated faction and receiving a under dog bonus "ruin pvp for soloers and gank squads of larger populated alliances"? Does their extra 10% AP/XP gain make them that much more formidable?

If you don't like the fact that your not getting that 10% extra AP then xfer to a campaign where you're the underdog and see how you like the trade off.
    tumblr_lps76r3f341r00k3po1_400.gif
    - done w/ it
  • Kiljaz
    Kiljaz
    ✭✭✭
    No underdog bonuses and reduce server count down to 4 servers.
    Your call your post logical? Have you ever played a game with an underdog bonus before? It's usually a lot more than 10%. If you want the bonus, vote for it. Try to refrain from being insulting in the future.
  • thestonyb16_ESO
    i think you don't understand what underdog bonus means, kiljaz
    twitch.tv/stonyleinchen Seitan - PvP Rank 32 - Prefect
  • nukeyoo
    nukeyoo
    ✭✭✭
    Kiljaz wrote: »
    Your call your post logical? Have you ever played a game with an underdog bonus before? It's usually a lot more than 10%. If you want the bonus, vote for it. Try to refrain from being insulting in the future.
    How was it not logical? Yes I played Warhammer Online; its underdog bonus went all the way up to 400% depending on how bad the population discrepancies were but that's besides the point. You obviously don't know what you're talking about and if you do then answer my previous questions.
    Reddit AMA wrote:
    We are adding a population underdog bonus in the first patch that will give the lesser populated alliances in a campaign triple the points for owning objectives in Cyrodiil as well as 10% more Alliance points.
    My apologies.. my posts can seem insulting when people post stupid ***.
    shaq-finally-gets-it-shaq-gifs.gif
    - done w/ it
  • SwampRaider
    SwampRaider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    currently on chrysamere [NA], AD owns the entire map and has emperor. yet they have the underdog bonus and are farming us at the gates
    Character: Eros, Eros I I, The Paw of Woe
    Class: Templar Healer/MagWarden/ Stam Sorc
    Alliance: DC
    Campaign: Vivec (pc/na)
    Guardians of Daggerfall
  • demonlkojipub19_ESO
    demonlkojipub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    currently on chrysamere [NA], AD owns the entire map and has emperor. yet they have the underdog bonus and are farming us at the gates

This is where how they are applying the underdog bonuses matter. When you apply it zonewide, you are including people not doing anything at all to help in the war at the time like questers and bots. Theres probably enough EP in the zone to paint the map red pretty easily, except 70% of those people aren't actual participants at the time. Meanwhile AD has less people in zone, but a much greater % of them are participating.

When you apply it near keeps, you can go by how many there that own it vs how many there that down own it. There is a much higher chance of the bonus being use properly when used this way.

But either way, 10% more AP/EXP doesn't really help that much anyways when you get steamrolled by a zerg.