The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Werewolves - can we get an update of some kind Devs?

ScardyFox
ScardyFox
✭✭✭✭✭
Werewolves - can we get an update?

As it stands right now, Werewolves have had no substantial developer community response pertaining to the future of this skill line. In fact, the only response that I have ever personally seen was saying we don't like the word petition. Yet because there was a ESO green-mod fingertip there, people flooded that thread in hopes we would get any kind of (further) response. There are a myriad of ideas in aforementioned thread and several others with people desperately posting things to bring werewolves back to life.

So my question is simple: Why have we had no feedback whatsoever?

As a die hard werewolf player, I have seen several people flat out leave the game in my guild over this and several more drop the skill line. True, thats on a personal level, however on a more generalized platform there has been nothing but negative community response to the muted action on the development teams response, or lack of would be more appropriate. Aside from being a werewolf, I am also a NB player (talk about a double whammy). Albeit it urks me, that fixes to a class that should not have been released like this are not done yet, I did appreciate the snippet responses saying fixes were coming. I vented some, debated some but ultimate it was pressure released off my chest because SOMEONE acknowledged it.

Isn't it about time for someone to acknowledge us? Yes, I understand there are bigger fish to fry. Yes, I understand you must have a tremendous workload. Yes, I understand you need to get it right, but absolute silence is absolutely infuriating. At this point even some ornamental words would be helpful in relieving that pressure building - over the mute response to werewolves - insanely crippling dilemma.

So again, can we get SOME kind of acknowledgment?

Edited by ScardyFox on May 30, 2014 4:13PM
  • MintyBadger
    MintyBadger
    ✭✭✭
    No reply huh...
  • ScardyFox
    ScardyFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still nothing? Not even a "we have several ideas we're working on"?

How has the conclusion of aggravating silence, been deemed the best way to deal with issues? You're building vitriol and don't seem to bothered by it. Even the most stout of fans are dented by this and there are several MMO competitors out there. The market is far too saturated with competition for a stunted reaction like this.

I suggest you guys follow the history footsteps of Final Fantasy 14. Their game was FAR, FAAAR worse than this one (cept not as many bugs) and they turned it around with it having high scores across the board this day and age.

Know how they did that in part? With huge interactions with their community through their forums and videos that weren't a few minutes long but HOURS long. It gave us something to look forward to and we felt like we were being listened to on varying degrees.

I suggest you do a history lesson on this - when 14 was released it made this game look like an absolute masterpiece. As it stands right not the dev team here comes across as borderline apathetic.

• ScardyFox
    ScardyFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still nothing? Do you really think absolute silence is the best way to treat your costumers?
  • Drachdhar
    Drachdhar
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently...

Still debating if I should renew my sub, to a game i've been dreaming of for 14 years and followed closely since it was announced. Just so many odd things, nerfs to working classes like DK and few fixes to non-working ones like NB... At least they are coming for the NB... Werewolves are in the dark, not a true class but it could be played as one if done properly.
    On the other hand, I followed WAR closely as well... And while being a general disappointment on many levels it is still my fav MMO of all time.
  • ScardyFox
    ScardyFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drachdhar wrote: »
    Apparently...

Still debating if I should renew my sub, to a game i've been dreaming of for 14 years and followed closely since it was announced. Just so many odd things, nerfs to working classes like DK and few fixes to non-working ones like NB... At least they are coming for the NB... Werewolves are in the dark, not a true class but it could be played as one if done properly.
    On the other hand, I followed WAR closely as well... And while being a general disappointment on many levels it is still my fav MMO of all time.

Exactly, we're left completely and utterly in the dark. This is bordering grotesque.

DAY 7: Still no answers.

• Jade_Knightblazerb14_ESO
    I noticed some of our passives have be moved around abit. Seems these changes were to help Lvling the werewolf for new ww players atleast.
  • Sonja
    Sonja
    ✭✭✭
    Since saying on reddit that they are aware that werewolf's are underperforming there was no update whatsoever .
  • Drachdhar
    Drachdhar
    ✭✭✭
    Yeh, kinda doubt any answers will be forthcoming... :(
  • ScardyFox
    ScardyFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drachdhar wrote: »
    Yeh, kinda doubt any answers will be forthcoming... :(

All we can do is try :(

DAY 11: Still no answers.

• Cyrdemaceb17_ESO
    Cyrdemaceb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I would like to know the current state of the promised improvements for WW's as well. It's quite some time now.
  • Sonja
    Sonja
    ✭✭✭
    They will not answer..... If they ever had intent to answer they would have done so long ago.....
  • Locksoli
    Locksoli
    ✭✭
    It irks me that they're being so cryptic about it when they do answer
  • Lumie
    Lumie
    ✭✭
    I want to know too! Why we are kept in the dark with basically most of our questions and concerns. I would like to see ZOS to have a better response to the community and give us updates at least weekly on what they doing.

Make werewolves exciting and fun please!
  • Locksoli
    Locksoli
    ✭✭
    All I want is the ability to have an infinite amount of transformation time. I like being a werewolf, I just hate the time limit.
  • Hypertionb14_ESO
    Hypertionb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When is ZOS going to throw werewolfs a bone....
    I play every class in every situation. I love them all.
  • Cyrdemaceb17_ESO
    Cyrdemaceb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    More time being a Werewolf would be fine. 40 sec without Devour or releasing enemy players before Devour is finished just s....
    I like being a Werewolf but its Suicide as Standalone and very dangerous in group pvp situation - missing CC Break anyone?
    Edited by Cyrdemaceb17_ESO on June 17, 2014 10:59PM
  • Gornt_Grimreaver
    I agree, much love is definately needed. Right now as a lvl 10 WW the only reason i use any of the skills at all are the ult because I have to have it slotted, and the passive to increase ult gain. However with all that is still wrong with the game I feel that WW's are going to be on the back burner for a long time.
    Just a spoonful of moon sugar helps the medicine go down.
  • Brasseurfb16_ESO
    Brasseurfb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well I don't have many issues with the werewolf transformation like it is, I definitly become a lot more dangerous but I also die a lot faster because I loose utility. Wich to me is an OK trade off.

I think the Werewolf just need a couple of tweeks :

1.) Give us the possibility to CC break while in Werewolf form.

2.) Give us a secondary invulnerability frame when we change back into Humanoid form.

3.) Let us keep the Ultimate we generated while transformed into a Werewolf.

4.) Adjust the collision effect of Pounce and make the animation run faster and smoothier.

5) Make Roar Instant to make it run faster and smoothier.

6.) Remove the cooldown on Devour, but limit its use once per Humanoid/Animal corpses per player entity. (So if you have multiple werewolves they can all Devour on the same corpse once)

7.) Start the Werewolf transformation timer at 40sec and allow us to extend that timer up to 120sec trough devour to give the player a more comfortable playing pace.

8.) Give us a high end passive that allow us to use our class abilities while transformed into a Werewolf. If the pack from the Crucible can, why can we not? ;)

9.) Give the pack leader more utility for his pack and make Berserker's fur black.

Do that, and you fix most of the issues related to Werewolves.

Edited by Brasseurfb16_ESO on June 15, 2014 9:53AM
  • MintyBadger
    MintyBadger
    ✭✭✭
    Hmmm, I came here hoping for some answers, but there still doesn't seem to be a reply, what is it now 18 days?

I've enjoyed playing werewolf, but it seems to bring so little to the table that it leaves me thinking for curing myself. I really don't want to, one of the whole reasons I was playing this game in the first place was so I could be a werewolf and part of a pack.

I must say though there are some excellent suggestions in this thread and I hope the devs are listening.
  • Lumie
    Lumie
    ✭✭
    Waiting for any DEV update on werewolf as well. The only reason i am keeping this skill line is simply because of initial werewolf concept but it is not thrilling to be one at the moment. I hope it will change and we will get someone to start answering our questions and concerns.
  • ScardyFox
    ScardyFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lumie wrote: »
    Waiting for any DEV update on werewolf as well.

We all are, its been 19 DAYS since this post was made, never mind the months ago they said they were looking into it. People make a post pondering if vet levels were being raised in the next patch and a dev answers them within minutes. This post has been up for 19 DAYS and we can't even get ANYTHING.

• Sonja
    Sonja
    ✭✭✭
    I can't believe how rude Zenimax ''forum employees'' are, for 20 days they ignore us. Just tell me if you are going to fix/buff up werewolf so that i know if i should keep the skill line or go cure it Zenimax!

Werewolf in its current form is utter waste of skill points and a pure nerf to ones character for the obvious reasons mentioned 123541725128441 times on these forums.

I am so annoyed by their monthly silence and ignoring of a part of customer base.

They said ''pay and you will get premium Customer Support'', what is premium in this?

Is it premium for us to wait 20 days for a simple answer, is that premium, am i paying for that?

Might as well start showing my discontent by voting with my $$$$!

Unbelievable! I got faster responses in F2P Age of Conan game and better support.
  • ScardyFox
    ScardyFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sonja wrote: »
    I can't believe how rude Zenimax ''forum employees'' are, for 20 days they ignore us. Just tell me if you are going to fix/buff up werewolf so that i know if i should keep the skill line or go cure it Zenimax!

Werewolf in its current form is utter waste of skill points and a pure nerf to ones character for the obvious reasons mentioned 123541725128441 times on these forums.

I am so annoyed by their monthly silence and ignoring of a part of customer base.

They said ''pay and you will get premium Customer Support'', what is premium in this?

Is it premium for us to wait 20 days for a simple answer, is that premium, am i paying for that?

Unbelievable! I got faster responses in F2P Age of Conan game and better support.

Well, since we don't deserve the decency to get any responses here (where we have been posting for months), check out this thread: There is a werewolf fix in the works and a dev said that a more comprehensive post will be coming.

Suggest everyone reads it: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/111519/pts-patch-notes-v1-2-2/p1

• Drachdhar
    Drachdhar
    ✭✭✭

Funcom probably has the best Customer Support in the biz... And their games are F2P. Whenever I had a prob in the Secret World, it would not take long for a good natured GM to come help IN GAME and really put down some energy into figuring out how to fix some really odd problems.
    Granted, the GMs in ESO are also great. Just way harder to get into contact with.

• JoseDelgadoCub17_ESO
    JoseDelgadoCub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just hope they do something for Halloween
  • Brittany_Joy
    Brittany_Joy
    ✭✭✭✭
    ScardyFox wrote: »

Well, since we don't deserve the decency to get any responses here (where we have been posting for months), check out this thread: There is a werewolf fix in the works and a dev said that a more comprehensive post will be coming.

Suggest everyone reads it: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/111519/pts-patch-notes-v1-2-2/p1

I think the comprehensive post was directed to the templar and not the werewolf skill line.
  • ScardyFox
    ScardyFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At this point I don't care. We're all off to greener pastures, this was the last broken promise I could stomach.
  • Cyrdemaceb17_ESO
    Cyrdemaceb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    At least those poor fellows in Cyrodiil aren't one-shotted anymore next monday. Hard enough to spot a WW there anyway.

I would really appreciate some kind of response about WW or the promised summary for the changes.
  • Sonja
    Sonja
    ✭✭✭
    At least those poor fellows in Cyrodiil aren't one-shotted anymore next monday. Hard enough to spot a WW there anyway.

I would really appreciate some kind of response about WW or the promised summary for the changes.

This......unless they weren't honest about it in the first place when they said they will post then >.>

Jessica posted stamina and templar thread but left out werewolf.....