The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

OMG.....Pepper Drop Rate.....WTH Zenimax?

• TazzyD83
    TazzyD83
    ✭✭
    Come back here naughty dinosaur man, let me ride you
  • DivZero
    DivZero
    ✭✭✭
    For AD-Players: Malabal Tor, check out ships at fullers breach and Velynharbor.I was farming filtered water and got more salt,pepper and garlic EACH then water.
  • Stonesthrow
    Stonesthrow
    ✭✭✭✭
    ME GRIMLOCK LOVE CONTRIBUTORS ON THIS THREAD. SO MANY TIME HAVE INGREDIENT BUT NOT KNOW WORTH. NOW KNOW. THANK YOU.

wtf?

I mean, "Welcome to the forums of ESO".

About the Pepper… Just for giggles I ran Hollow City in CH last night one time all the way around, looted everything… 2 pepper 5 salt. Took 15 mins. What Nerf?

I then did Davon's Watch, EbonHeart, that other city with the slaves, Mournhold… where I logged in and out over and over as I fed the horses on all my mules (6 of them) looting each time I logged in. 7 pepper and 13 salt. Took close to 2 hours. What Nerf?

Found 2 blue recipes, several green ones and a ton of stones with all the other junk as well.

Pepper is still there but it's not a common drop. Just like the EPIC recipe you want to use it for... If you want it, you have to work for it… or buy it from someone else.

Quit crying Nerf already.

EDIT: And with those 9 pepper and the 3/3 in creating extra food… thats 36 purple foods lasting 2 hours each… for about 2 hours work.

Edited by Stonesthrow on June 3, 2014 6:26PM
  • OFC_it
    OFC_it
    ✭✭
    I wish I had a purple recipe so I could use my pepper. I play every day and never found one.
  • Bflaker
    Bflaker
    I just finished ranking up my provisioning the other day and decided to put 3 points in the hireling perk for it. Very first bag I got from the hireling had 2 tomatoes in it. lol

As for pepper, I see 1 or 2 a day during my scavenging. Try going to the food store in coldharbour and looting all the containers inside. It's the same place that you can buy provisioning ingredients like cake flour, and imperial stock. I tend to find a lot of nice ingredients in there.
  • Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have pepper. I almost destroyed it till I remembered this forum thread complaining about its rarity :) Now it's taking up space in the bank for the day one of my alts can use it ;)
    Oooh look, lot's of Butterflies! Wait! Butterflies? Get out of here Sheo, stop bugging me!

Having issues with Provisioning Writs? A list of problem Writs and people willing to help in game can be found in this Thread
  • Sendarya
    Sendarya
    ✭✭✭
    Since they fixed the drop rate of items, I can get 1 to 2 pepper a day in 1-50 zones. But if you don't have a recipe to use it on, say your recipe requires OATS, it really doesn't matter if you get tons of it. Well, I guess you could sell it but what if you DO get a good pepper recipe in the future? So provisioners hoard it instead (I do it too).

Yay for people lucky enough to have purple pepper recipe! crew you guys that were unlucky enough to get either a recipe that uses tomatoes or oats, or no recipe at all.
    Owner of the Traveling Tavern, serving superior and consummate foods and drinks for all your leveling needs! :p
    The Traveling Tavern is now closed, until veteran loot tables and rare food mats are fixed. I am very sorry to all my loyal customers!
  • Blade_07
    Blade_07
    ✭✭✭✭
    For AD-Players: Malabal Tor, check out ships at fullers breach and Velynharbor.I was farming filtered water and got more salt,pepper and garlic EACH then water.

Thank you very much for that info. I will give it a try.
    Just got my first pepper on my lvl 12 templar today. I'm leveling cooking and so I been collecting food items from everything I see!!! EVERYTHING from lvl3 to lvl12 and I finally get 1 pepper! Oh, I got everything under the sun but no pepper at all till today! Holy nerf hammer Batman....that sucks!

Edited by Blade_07 on June 8, 2014 4:22AM
    “Man can live about forty days without food, about three days without water, about eight minutes without air, but only for one second without hope.”

• Blade_07
    Blade_07
    ✭✭✭✭
    OFC_it wrote: »
    I wish I had a purple recipe so I could use my pepper. I play every day and never found one.

Thats cuz they nerfed those so badly that they dont even drop anymore if you want to be honest about it! Yeah, in the beginning of the game it was actually possible to get those. I got 2 lvl 35 epic recipes for my main. One increased all 3 main stats and the other was regen for all 3 main stats. Pfft...good damn luck EVER getting those epic recipes!!! Not gunna happen cuz its so sadly broken. They fix 1 thing then break 5 other things. >.<
    “Man can live about forty days without food, about three days without water, about eight minutes without air, but only for one second without hope.”

• Terminus
    Terminus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You think pepper is rare?
    Try tomatoes...
  • Blade_07
    Blade_07
    ✭✭✭✭
    ME GRIMLOCK LOVE CONTRIBUTORS ON THIS THREAD. SO MANY TIME HAVE INGREDIENT BUT NOT KNOW WORTH. NOW KNOW. THANK YOU.

wtf?

I mean, "Welcome to the forums of ESO".

About the Pepper… Just for giggles I ran Hollow City in CH last night one time all the way around, looted everything… 2 pepper 5 salt. Took 15 mins. What Nerf?

I then did Davon's Watch, EbonHeart, that other city with the slaves, Mournhold… where I logged in and out over and over as I fed the horses on all my mules (6 of them) looting each time I logged in. 7 pepper and 13 salt. Took close to 2 hours. What Nerf?

Found 2 blue recipes, several green ones and a ton of stones with all the other junk as well.

Pepper is still there but it's not a common drop. Just like the EPIC recipe you want to use it for... If you want it, you have to work for it… or buy it from someone else.

Quit crying Nerf already.

EDIT: And with those 9 pepper and the 3/3 in creating extra food… thats 36 purple foods lasting 2 hours each… for about 2 hours work.

Use to be able to get pepper rather often but not now you can't! Gets your facts straight bud before you go shooting off your mouth! Pepper is in fact the hardest food item to get other than oats and tomatoes but you only get oats and tomatoes from your hirling. So yeah...pepper was nerfed hard. Been forced to buy most of my pepper from other players. Most of them only got like 2 or 3 pepper on them not a stack of 100 like as if it was not broken but indeed it is! But if you think its great then more power to ya I'm a happy camper for ya. Personally I sharply disagree!!! >.<

• Blade_07
    Blade_07
    ✭✭✭✭

Oh, wait a sec. I actually spent several hours there on my VR5 character looting EVERYTHING I could in the entire zone and got no pepper what so ever....NONE! Maybe it depends on your level and the zone your in? :\

• twev
    twev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vanathi wrote: »
    Sorry, I also have tons of pepper and absolutely no use for it. Provisioning needs serious work. I hit level 50 Prov before I was even level 13. Now I'm level 32 with one blue recipe and lots of green and cannot craft any of it because I do not have the mats. It's just stupid. And yes, I have loot everything OCD so it's not a matter of me not looking for the ingredients. They just flat out aren't there.

Agrees.....
    But I've managed to find about 20 pepper total so far.

Since I have no feeling I'll ever need it it myself - I just gave it to a hi level provisioner thru a friend, so it'll be useful to SOMEone.
    The problem with society these days is that no one drinks from the skulls of their enemies anymore.

PC/NA, i7 with 32 gigs of ram, nVME cards and an nVidea 1060 over fiber.
    I don't play through Steam, ever.
  • buho.29eb17_ESO
    I agrees :/

I have found 4 purple recipes +1 motif elf ancient but only 1 pepper!! WTF

now found that purple recipes but there not are ingredients

my god I'm tired of this game ...
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Might just be a run of bad luck, I still find pepper here and there. It is rare, but it drops. I found five or six today for example.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC