Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Veteran dungeon advice needed

Tatuaje
Tatuaje
✭✭
Ok, So ran Fungal Grotto the other night in vet mode. As a note, I am a light armor healing Templar. We had 2 at V2 level and 2 at V1 level.

I expected harder content and it was there, but is it WAI? Typical trash pull was 6 - 8 with average hits in the 250 to 500 point. Stinging. Got past the trash to boss #1, Spider with 2 healers. We worked the healers first, stay out of the red dots and green clouds. Damage from spitting and other hits any where from 500 - 2,800 points of damage. Without crits ( I read that there are issues with Templars critting???) my best heals are in the 400 - 500 point range. We get past the first boss and die/fight our way to boss #2. Ends there as it is late for a work night.

Mechanics we are good with as we learn the runs. But there seems to be a bit of a gap here in damage taken and healing output. Two to four hits and most of the group is down for the count. I know we did not have enough CC, but still.

Are we on level for the run? Not sure the expected level for these runs. The 6 - 9 trash groups were V2 - V4. A bit stout IMO for the four of us in our group. Even still I cannot imagine a lot of boost in armor and healing for me by gaining 2 levels, but I could be wrong. I personally am no where close to max HP allowed, but even if I was, still not sure I can take 4 500+ hits back to back.

Any tips/considerations welcomed.
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Guess it's a bit of a late reply, but beats nothing:)
    I'm not entirely sure what to tell you. Some people say there's been a major increase in vet dungeons difficulty after patch. I cannot confirm that because I never tried before the patch.
    I have a group I like to consider good. We never had much difficulties in dungeons before - at least never enough to actually make us give up and just go back to try again later. We steamrolled thru Coldharbour dungeon with like dying once or twice only. We tried vet dungeons on vet 1 and got wiped. We improved some skills/armors/stuff and tried again and got wiped yet again. We tried again today and we finally managed Spindle. 3 of us were vet 2, I(healer) was vet 4. It was NOT easy. We died several dozen times, the ads on boss #3 are almost unbeatable, I cannot imagine an easier way to win this fight, and we died like 20 times on this alone - eventually came up with mildly viable strategy but it required some luck we kept lacking. It took us about 2.5 hours total(this run, not counting previous). And a LOT of thinking and improving. I got my resto staff to 50, got some CC, had to dps some, and one of our dps healed some, etc. It is a real challenge - so much of it I'm actually not sure it's supposed to be THAT tough.

Far as Fungal goes, tried it before, got past spider(lots of fun, especially for healer to run around AND heal), never managed boss 2. Haven't tried it with our current builds/gear though, I suppose after a dozen deaths or smth we might be able to pull it off:P We shall try soon enough.

If you want my advice(and you want to do it before vet 10 or smth), improve. It is a challenge, but it is doable(barely>.> <.<). Level up maybe(won't give much, except new armor tho), craft/find new armor with cool set bonuses, gain some more skillpoints, spend them on smth, morph your skills, think about your strategy, discuss it with your groupmates. The challenge may be overdone but it really made me improve my char as a healer, for one, and that's cool:)

Also, far as healing goes, you're right, you cannot heal that much. At least *I* sure can't. Avoid it. CC them, run away, kill them fast, get shields/wards up, whatever it takes, it can clearly no longer be "stand there and do your stuff while healer heals you".
  • Tatuaje
    Tatuaje
    ✭✭
    Matches what we have seen. We did Banished Cells last night to the 3rd boss. Much easier run in our opinion than FG and much more enjoyable. BC even has the bosses at V5, we were all V2. I think the levels are definitely an issue, we need more.

We are all experienced in many MMOs, so the grouping is not a problem. There definitely needs to be some grouping tools added. Either skill forwarding, target marking, etc. Spending 5 min each battle coming up with a plan is getting old.