The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Secret crafting locations

crowfl56
crowfl56
✭✭✭✭✭
I find lots of secret crafting locations, but rarely can I craft the items that are special to the location. I am almost lvl 50 and have most of the traits in my craft. What is needed to be able to craft items special to those secret craft sites ?
  • nudel
    nudel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have to have researched traits on the items. Skill passives are not to be confused with weapon/ armor traits, which can be imbued in a weapon if you have researched it. Examples: Reinforced, Infused, Divines, Weighted, etc.

Each set table requires you know x number of traits per item to craft that item. Starting at 2/8 traits per and climbing up to 8/8 per. If you want to craft a sword for instance, you will need to know the required amount of traits on sword for that table. So depending on the research you have done, you may be able to craft some items but not all items. If you haven't been doing much research at all, you're not going to be able to make any set pieces for quite some time.
  • crowfl56
    crowfl56
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    that is exactly why I am confused I have 90% of my traits researched in my craft, but rarely am I able to use secret loc.
  • nudel
    nudel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not really possible for you to have 90% of the traits researched since the last trait of each takes 28 days to complete and the game has only been out for 2 months.
  • Monkeyshoeslive
    Monkeyshoeslive
    ✭✭✭
    You may have the traits spread across your craft, but my understanding is you need the traits researched for each item you want. Just like @nudel‌ said
  • crowfl56
    crowfl56
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ok thank you and I happen to be into woodcrafting and every item has all but maybe 2 items not researched, so maybe not 90% but close enough.
  • Feimerdre
    Feimerdre
    ✭✭✭✭
    You need the required traits in EVERY item you want to craft.
    So with your crafting proffession you would only be able to craft bows, staves and shields - but no cloth/medium/heavy armor nor weapons apart from the said.