Synergy skills for Nightblades

smercgames_ESO
smercgames_ESO
✭✭✭
It seems every other class has a normal skill (not ultimate) with some sort of synergy. Why do Nightblades not have one? Might be something small and stupid but I want to make people hit X and do things they have no idea what it does just like I do whenever I see a synergy pop up
  • Harakh
    Harakh
    ✭✭✭
    Our Ultimates have Synergies, Soul Tether and Veil Blades.
    Die Welt in einem Sandkorn sehen
    Und den Himmel in einer wilden Blume;
    Die Unendlichkeit in der Handfläche halten
    Und die Ewigkeit in einer Stunde.
    Options
  • dividingbyzero
    Harakh wrote: »

Every class has at least one ultimate with a synergy. Nightblades are the only class with no synergies in their regular abilities. Which is a shame, because skills like Mark Target and Path of Darkness seem like they're just begging for some sort of group synergy.
    Options
  • jmoore59
    jmoore59
    ✭✭
    Well the same question could be said about why the NB class is the only class with out a Mid-range Knock down/stun ability.

Temp=Spear
    DK= Stone fist
    Sorc= Shard

Who knows?
    Options
  • dividingbyzero
    Nightblades have a ranged stun--Agony, second skill in the siphoning line. AFAIK, it lasts longer than the others, with the downside being that the target taking damage breaks it.
    Options
  • smercgames_ESO
    smercgames_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Well stuns that "break on dmg" are technically no longer stuns and are Mezzes. I've tried to fit Agony into the mix but it's cast time and it only being a Mez really sucks. Because it's a Mez it lasts alot longer than a normal stun because it's easily accidentally broken by people not paying attention or aoe or just a simple dot. I also was able to use this skill from hiding back in beta and i believe initial release without aggroing and without breaking stealth. I really enjoyed it as a ranged sap but that got stealth nerfed.
    Options
  • CapuchinSeven
    CapuchinSeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nightblades have a ranged stun--Agony, second skill in the siphoning line. AFAIK, it lasts longer than the others, with the downside being that the target taking damage breaks it.

And has a cast time.
    Options
  • dividingbyzero

And has a cast time.

Didn't mention the cast time because Crystal Shard normally has one as well.
    Well stuns that "break on dmg" are technically no longer stuns and are Mezzes. I've tried to fit Agony into the mix but it's cast time and it only being a Mez really sucks. Because it's a Mez it lasts alot longer than a normal stun because it's easily accidentally broken by people not paying attention or aoe or just a simple dot. I also was able to use this skill from hiding back in beta and i believe initial release without aggroing and without breaking stealth. I really enjoyed it as a ranged sap but that got stealth nerfed.

I don't recall ever being able to use it from stealth without it drawing aggro myself, but I just may not have paid that much attention to it.
    Edited by dividingbyzero on May 28, 2014 1:35AM
    Options
  • jmoore59
    jmoore59
    ✭✭

Agony does not work as a stun as another poster stated it works as a Mez. It has a cast Time and breaks on damage. It can also not be chained since the dot it applies will break future casts. Dots also do not stack so it falls further behind the other class skills.

I would rather the dot be taken away and it be made inst cast or Dot changed to a DD and maintain the cast time. I haven't used it since around level 30 so others might have found a use for it.

Be nice to get some kind of synergy as well.
    Options
  • Crescent
    Crescent
    ✭✭✭✭

Every class has at least one ultimate with a synergy. Nightblades are the only class with no synergies in their regular abilities. Which is a shame, because skills like Mark Target and Path of Darkness seem like they're just begging for some sort of group synergy.

The Storm Astronach synergy is actually a TRAP.

The damage increase is like an increase of about 200 damage points for a 5 second channel of doing nothing, which is terrible.

So sorcerer has the only synergy which actually results in a damage loss for the group.
    Options
  • Datagram
    Datagram
    Soul Shriven
    Crescent wrote: »
    So sorcerer has the only synergy which actually results in a damage loss for the group.
    Lightning Splash > A nearby ally may activate Conduit
    Options
  • dividingbyzero
    jmoore59 wrote: »

Agony does not work as a stun as another poster stated it works as a Mez. It has a cast Time and breaks on damage. It can also not be chained since the dot it applies will break future casts. Dots also do not stack so it falls further behind the other class skills.

I would rather the dot be taken away and it be made inst cast or Dot changed to a DD and maintain the cast time. I haven't used it since around level 30 so others might have found a use for it.

Be nice to get some kind of synergy as well.

Hehe. My point wasn't that it was a good ability--it isn't, for the reasons you gave, but that it is there, while you said we don't have anything at all. Bad isn't the same as non-existant. The stun/mez thing is just semantics as far as I'm concerned--While it's active, the target can't do anything, just like every other stun in the game.
    Crescent wrote: »

The Storm Astronach synergy is actually a TRAP.

The damage increase is like an increase of about 200 damage points for a 5 second channel of doing nothing, which is terrible.

Bad or not, it's still there. It just needs to be made worthwhile somehow. I think the simplest way would be to drop the channel, so the atronach gets a quick damage boost, while the group can continue to attack.

Options
  • smercgames_ESO
    smercgames_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I always wondered what the hell the charge for the Atronach did. I just always hit X whenever it pops up unless it's Slip Away. I have no idea what half the synergys actually do.

The difference between a Stun and a Mez are pretty significant. I mean they are both CC and stop your target from doing anything but one has alot more limitations than the other.

Maybe it was just a bug that I was able to use Agony as a sap because I had to be at max range when I did it so it was probably some strange aggro bug because sometimes the mobs just don't aggro right when using non damaging (i know agony does dmg but it's after the mez) skills at max range from hiding.
    Options
  • CapuchinSeven
    CapuchinSeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And has a cast time.

Didn't mention the cast time because Crystal Shard normally has one as well.

Fair point.
    Options
  • dividingbyzero
    Maybe it was just a bug that I was able to use Agony as a sap because I had to be at max range when I did it so it was probably some strange aggro bug because sometimes the mobs just don't aggro right when using non damaging (i know agony does dmg but it's after the mez) skills at max range from hiding.

I have seen mobs not aggro from a max range stealth attack, and stayed in stealth after it, but only when my target dies from a single hit. It's always been intermittent and unreliable for me, so I've just treated it like a fluke.
    Options
  • ShedsHisTail
    ShedsHisTail
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I have seen mobs not aggro from a max range stealth attack, and stayed in stealth after it, but only when my target dies from a single hit. It's always been intermittent and unreliable for me, so I've just treated it like a fluke.

I've seen that happen in melee range. If you can one-shot your target, every so often his friends won't notice. Completely unreliable and probably a bug.
    "As an online discussion of Tamrielic Lore grows longer, the probability of someone blaming a Dragon Break approaches 1." -- Sheds' Law
    Have you seen the Twin Lamps?
    Options