GROUP LAG:

Halrloprillalar
Halrloprillalar
✭✭✭✭✭
joining large groups in cyrodiil (and being near any kind of >5 people action) results in unplayable lag. If > 2 people join a large group at once my FPS goes to 0 (and not just me, half the team disconnects).

This is absurd and unplayable, please fix
  • Oblongship
    Oblongship
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just weighing in that I have this issue a lot as well.

OP you are def not alone my friend.
  • Nicholai Hel
    Nicholai Hel
    ✭✭
    Looks like everyone have same problem.
    Edited by Nicholai Hel on May 24, 2014 6:46PM
  • Nithrakis
    Nithrakis
    Yeah, this has been happening for quite some time. I hope they're working on a fix.
  • fyendiarb16_ESO
    fyendiarb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    @Halrloprillalar‌ For some of us it goes beyond lag spikes, as your post also says many disconnect as well. Since the patch it has become impossible for me to group up in Cyrodiil. The moment I do I either get lag spikes or 5-30 seconds and then a boot to the login screen or right away the boot. Getting the infamous Unknown Error when that happens.

So if I am lucky I can join for a few minutes while lagging like crazy or get booted from the server the moment I join. Well, that is not quite accurate since before the actual boot I can still move around as much as I want, the server just does not react to anything I do until I get booted out. No actions possible, no interactions, npc's and players don't move... basically I loose contact with the server for up to minutes before getting the boot. Either way, I can't team up anymore.

PvP is out of the question as long as this goes on.

@ZOS_GinaBruno‌ and @ZOS_JessicaFolsom‌ :

Many are saying this is because of the memory leak. I know I am no computer wizard, but if I have my Windows Task Manager open and keep an eye on the memory used by eso.exe I do not see any spike in memory usage once I join a group. It stays between 1.5 and 2 GB at all times. Doesn't that mean it is not related to a memory leak? As I said; I am no computer wizard so I do not know, but it feels like this is not the cause.

edit: the hotpatch just now does seem to have fixed it.
    Edited by fyendiarb16_ESO on May 24, 2014 11:50PM
  • nukeyoo
    nukeyoo
    ✭✭✭
    I heard people with the superior Alienware don't experience these problems.
    sponsor-alienware.gif
    - done w/ it
  • Godless_Heathen
    It seems to be worse the larger the group. I've noticed my 6 man gank squads go lag free. Its not until I join a massive 6 group raid/zerg that I begin to suffer the zerg lag (hmmmm, perhaps this is a hidden zerg penalty, mmmhmmmm).
  • Halrloprillalar
    Halrloprillalar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nukeyoo wrote: »
    sponsor-alienware.gif

tommy-lee-jones-implied-face-palm.png
  • Gisgo
    Gisgo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sponsor-alienware.gif

I heard they do :|

• arnaldomoraleseb17_ESO
    sponsor-alienware.gif

tommy-lee-jones-implied-face-palm.png

xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

joining large groups in cyrodiil (and being near any kind of >5 people action) results in unplayable lag. If > 2 people join a large group at once my FPS goes to 0 (and not just me, half the team disconnects).

This is absurd and unplayable, please fix

Same here.
    Debon Templar VR14 Thorn Blade (EU)
    Gaunnes DK VR14 Haderus (EU)