The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Why is ESO so Diablo-looty?

timebandit_b16_ESO
timebandit_b16_ESO
✭✭✭
A few weeks ago when I hit vr10 I didnt have the notion that the game would be so grindy and shallow.

The poor itemisation and lackluster stat system in ESO really has turned me off and I had hoped for far more tbh.

I remember an old game 8 years ago that had twice as many stats, ahum.

And epic coloured items are dropped everywhere like it doesnt feel very epic at all.

Gl with your game, but Im out...Craglorn is boring anyway.

Might come back in 6 months when summer is over but right now...the game is horribad.
  • jircris11
    jircris11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    once again another person making a "Good bye" thread. Goes to show what they will do for attention. I do however understand that end game is "boring" for some..mainly because they don't know how to make their own entertainment. Something older gamers learned back in UO and EQ days.
    IGN: Ki'rah
    Khajiit/Vampire
    DC/AD faction/NA server.
    RPer
  • badmojo
    badmojo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So you grinded through the game as fast as possible then complain about it being grindy and shallow?

Ha!
    [DC/NA]
  • Zorak
    Zorak
    ✭✭✭
    It's fun how some ppl think that it's the gamers that have to make the game entertaining, not the game has to be an entertaining thing for the gamers. lol

Rushing as fast you possible can is lame indeed. But the game IS shallow, it is boring, it has poor itemization and it lacks a good end game.

Edit: And keep in mind that this game has a $15 subscription, so I don't blame OP to be bored with the game.
    Edited by Zorak on May 24, 2014 10:10PM
  • Csub
    Csub
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zorak wrote: »
    It's fun how some ppl think that it's the gamers that have to make the game entertaining, not the game has to be an entertaining thing for the gamers. lol

Rushing as fast you possible can is lame indeed. But the game IS shallow, it is boring, it has poor itemization and it lacks a good end game.

Edit: And keep in mind that this game has a $15 subscription, so I don't blame OP to be bored with the game.
    I don't understand your last sentence. The subscription does not mean you won't ever be bored with the game otherwise we would still be playing our first P2P mmo, many people probably do. Subscription is there to keep up servers, pay staff and to pay for regular content.
    "The Divines gave you a nose for a reason, Tharn. So you can keep your mouth shut and still keep breathing. - Lyris Titanborn
  • ArRashid
    ArRashid
    ✭✭✭✭

how can you tell? Most people that exp via QUESTING and not grinding some instant respawn exploit, or repeatedly killing first half of some easier VR dung, haven't even reached VR10.

Most Nightblades sure didn't, since they were fiercely trying to find a build that would work in VR, only to get nerfed and broken even more (aka the 50% nerf to Surprise attack damage), they have to exp from the beginning again. Look at me, I'm just lvl 37 after I've abandoned my NB at VR2. I have all the time in the world to reach max level.

Those who exploited or grinded their way to max level ofc found out there is no real endgame yet. This game is out for 2 months, not 10 years. OFC it doesn't have engame you can spend 5 years doing on a single character.

Enough defending though,
    it seems the game is doing worse by every patch, since the QUALITY of patches is downright TERRIBLE. Patch fixes 3 things, nerfs 10, breaks 50 quests and a few dungeons, leaks memory like hell and fcks up half other things. No wonder people are fed up with that.

Either they improve the quality of patches REALLY FAST, or this game dies out REALLY FAST. Their choice. I like the game so far, as I'm a fan of TES universe, but I've grown AFRAID of patches - fix vs new bug ratio is about 2:5..... which is really terrifying
  • Zorak
    Zorak
    ✭✭✭
    Csub wrote: »

I don't understand your last sentence. The subscription does not mean you won't ever be bored with the game otherwise we would still be playing our first P2P mmo, many people probably do. Subscription is there to keep up servers, pay staff and to pay for regular content.

So how does F2P and B2P MMOs keep their servers up and pay their staff ?? Oo

Magic ?

I thought the main reason was to constantly add content, maintain a high standard, etc...

Even their main designer told it on an interview. =D
  • Csub
    Csub
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Csub wrote: »

So how does F2P and B2P MMOs keep their servers up and pay their staff ?? Oo

Magic ?

I thought the main reason was to constantly add content, maintain a high standard, etc...

Even their main designer told it on an interview. =D
    Yes, I did write "regular content". And f2p games are often generating more money than P2P games. I haven't played any b2p games but from what I know, and I might be wrong, they don't have too big or frequent updates.
    And yes, I forgot to add maintaining high quality to the list.
    "The Divines gave you a nose for a reason, Tharn. So you can keep your mouth shut and still keep breathing. - Lyris Titanborn