The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

What's worth buying except Motifs?

LegendaryPow
Hey! I have a bit of money but I have no idea what to buy! (60k) So please give me an idea of what to buy thanks!
  • Pele
    Pele
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you don't have one already, how about a 42.7k horse?
  • LegendaryPow
    Yeah my friend recommended that, but I have a 27,20,15 default horse so what's the point of a new one? Thanks!
  • Pele
    Pele
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The 42.7k horses have bonus stats, which may or may not be useful. This site has a nice breakdown of said stats.
  • LegendaryPow
    I had a look at that, read it all. Yet, I still don't see the point it's just a new skin? Sure you look surperior to overs, but that's not a biggie
  • TicToc
    TicToc
    ✭✭✭
    I had a look at that, read it all. Yet, I still don't see the point it's just a new skin? Sure you look surperior to overs, but that's not a biggie

No, the 47k horse has a higher base speed to start with, so it will level further than the low level horses.
    Edited by TicToc on May 24, 2014 4:28AM
  • Igawotch
    Igawotch
    ✭✭
    Potions of stun
  • LegendaryPow
    TicToc wrote: »

No, the 47k horse has a higher base speed to start with, so it will level further than the low level horses.
    Oh!!! I get it! So let's say I have 15 speed on my basic, and 15 on a light horse, the light horse will go faster?
  • LegendaryPow
    Igawotch wrote: »
    Potions of stun
    Yup I have a massive supply of them xD
  • Striken7
    Striken7
    ✭✭✭

Oh!!! I get it! So let's say I have 15 speed on my basic, and 15 on a light horse, the light horse will go faster?

The difference is if all you care about speed, you would buy the horse that starts with 25 speed. Then, after 50 levels, you would have 75 speed instead of 65.

Or, you can buy the 15 speed horse and go the same speed, and use the free 10 bag slots.

Edited by Striken7 on May 24, 2014 1:40PM
  • Censorious
    Censorious
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've got my horse maxed at the 65% and a lot of the time it's too fast. I really wish the thing had gears.

I want to travel fast - but not so fast that I run past nodes without even catching a glimpse or run into groups of mobs (or enemy players) before I see them.
    I've even run off a cliff a couple of times. (It has lousy brakes)

No way would I pay 42k gold to go even faster!
    Edited by Censorious on May 24, 2014 1:51PM
    'Clever' sigs get old real fast - just like this one.
  • nudel
    nudel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The point of it Censorious is for PVP. Speed horses are invaluable for that.

At the OP, horses only have a max of 49 upgrades (capped at lvl 50 and start out at lvl 1). That is why the 42k horses will always be superior to a basic horse if you stack the stats.
  • LegendaryPow
    Censorious wrote: »
    I've got my horse maxed at the 65% and a lot of the time it's too fast. I really wish the thing had gears.

I want to travel fast - but not so fast that I run past nodes without even catching a glimpse or run into groups of mobs (or enemy players) before I see them.
    I've even run off a cliff a couple of times. (It has lousy brakes)

No way would I pay 42k gold to go even faster!

Good point, I'll probably buy the draft one :)
  • LegendaryPow
    nudel wrote: »
    The point of it Censorious is for PVP. Speed horses are invaluable for that.

At the OP, horses only have a max of 49 upgrades (capped at lvl 50 and start out at lvl 1). That is why the 42k horses will always be superior to a basic horse if you stack the stats.
    Ahh awesome! I get it thanks!
  • LegendaryPow
    Striken7 wrote: »

The difference is if all you care about speed, you would buy the horse that starts with 25 speed. Then, after 50 levels, you would have 75 speed instead of 65.

Or, you can buy the 15 speed horse and go the same speed, and use the free 10 bag slots.

Yeah, I don't give much about speed it's just that it's shorter than Bagspace and stamina xD