Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server

paying to get out of a stuck place?

NeKryXe
NeKryXe
✭✭✭✭✭
i'm stuck because of a bug in the game and i tried to use /stuck to leave that place when i got surprised with a bill O_o

this is the first time i got this message, it's quite weird. also it's asking me for a lot, 144 gold, which is hard to get in this game and easy to get stuck. i feel cheated.
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i just tried to log out, shut down the game, i waited about 15 minutes i logged in again a i'm still stucked in the same place http://postimg.org/image/58alo3k8r/ and i continue receiving the same stupid message asking me to pay 144 gold to leave the stuck place. there's no doubt that this is cheating.

i'm not going to fall into this cheat so i decided to quit the game and wait for a solution.

looks like this last updated ruined the game. it's now extremely slow, i was forced to reduced a lot my video settings that were working ultra fast before the update, and also the screenshots done by other software now only shows black, and i'm forced to use the horribly huge BMPs created by the game :\
  • Pele
    Pele
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's always been like that when you use /stuck.

See this topic. I know it's little consolation, but it's something.
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well... i'm going to wait until later, when i get friends online, and try to port to them.
  • reagen_lionel
    reagen_lionel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pele wrote: »

No it has not. This is new, before if you were stuck, it just sent you to a graveyard without a fee, just as if you died. only thing that happened is you suffer durability damage.

• NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No it has not. This is new, before if you were stuck, it just sent you to a graveyard without a fee, just as if you died. only thing that happened is you suffer durability damage.

i remember that too! for me it's the first time that i got stuck and i'm asked to pay to leave it. it's not correct, not at all. i shouldn't be spending virtual gold from the game to get out of real problems from the game. it's cheating.
    Edited by NeKryXe on May 24, 2014 3:02AM
  • TicToc
    TicToc
    ✭✭✭
    It seems very stupid. I get that people may have been abusing it to travel for free, but you don't fix that by charging people who are actually stuck due to a bug that is a fault of the game. It is not their fault the game has bugs.

If people were using it to travel, fix it by changing how /stuck works. The whole death thing seemed like a cheap solution anyway. In many games /stuck will move you to the closest, safe location...typically only a few feet away (or even inches). Then there might also be a /killme command to use as a last resort.
  • Pele
    Pele
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pele wrote: »

My apologies. I meant it has always cost you to use /stuck.
  • JosephChip
    JosephChip
    ✭✭✭
    No, you could always remove your gear and pay nothing to get out of such a situation. They likely figured that people were using it to teleport to wayshrines for free.