Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server

Official Discussion Thread for "Loremaster’s Archive: Mysteries of the Mundus Stones"

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official discussion thread for the blog article Loremaster’s Archive: Mysteries of the Mundus Stones. We hope you enjoyed this latest installment! Let us know if there's anything you'd like to see in future Loremaster's Archives.
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • Soldier0f4Tune
    The real mystery of the mundus stones is what the bonuses actually are.

I currently have The Shadow: critical strike damage increased

How much does it increase? I don't know.
  • ServerusEcru
    ServerusEcru
    ✭✭✭
    "To the most dearest and wisest, Lady Cinnabar of Taneth, it has been an honor to read on your accounts of these Mundus Stones. In my studies of the Mundus exegesis, I've found myself to be intrigued by the Missing God, The Creator-Trickster-Tester deity, known as Lorkhan. His wickedness is why we exist, for he is the Spirit of Nirn, the god of all mortals. But in my studies I seek to learn if Lorkhan was mutilated as a punishment for his deception against the et'Ada, or if it was a voluntary submission, to become a god. Perhaps if us scholars traveled to the Red Mountain, where the Heart of Lorkhan was said to exist; we could possibly find more answers as to how the Mundus stones originated. Perhaps we can also find out what truly happened to Lorkhan and the disappearance of the Dwemer who sought after the same endeavor, hoping to exploit this knowledge, only to vanish from Nirn entirely." ~Serverus Ecru
    "Train your opponent to make the wrong response." — The Book of Circles, By Loredas Maxims
    NA/PC/ Order of the Candle
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If there is a cross-Tamrielic Aetherial web, I wonder if that in some way implies some order in the placement of the Mundus Stones. Perhaps, if there is some kind of conscious arrangement, it might provide further insight into their nature and relationship with each-other. However, if it's likely that there are more Mundus Stones as yet undiscovered, it's unfortunately likely that the pattern - if indeed there is any - won't become apparent until more are discovered. On the flip side, if there is a pattern to their arrangement, elucidating just what that is now might greatly aid in the discovery of any new stones out there, hidden away.

I also wonder if there might be any similarities between Soul Gems and the synthesized Welkynd & Varla Stones, or even Malondo & Culanda stones. Similarities in mechanism and/or function that might prove useful in some way, when once known, that in turn might advance the understand of and the ability to capture Aetherial starlight. Perhaps some experimentation is in order, or at least conference with schooled altmer as to whether they've tried or thought of such.

If you can be anything, be kind.
  • nukeyoo
    nukeyoo
    ✭✭✭
    The mysterious thief mundus stone is living up to its name. After a bit the increase to crit goes stealth from you and has stolen any bonus!
    - done w/ it
  • Nimerian
    Nimerian
    ✭✭✭
    How about you actually spend a few minutes to compile a detailed official list with the bonuses? That's what we need to hear and not some kind of made up lore. For the love of god release some numbers, we as players have NO IDEA on the actual math of the game, why keep us so much to the dark? You write a whole page of things no one cares to know and u ignore the most important parts...
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nimerian wrote: »
    How about you actually spend a few minutes to compile a detailed official list with the bonuses? That's what we need to hear and not some kind of made up lore. For the love of god release some numbers, we as players have NO IDEA on the actual math of the game, why keep us so much to the dark? You write a whole page of things no one cares to know and u ignore the most important parts...
    Oh dear, I think you've missed the entire point. But worry not, there is a place for you too I'm sure. Of course you're welcome to wish for those things as much as you like, but what you shouldn't do is dismiss other aspects simply because you personally find them of no value or use. Enjoy whatever you want, but don't begrudge others from enjoying what they like simply because it's different to you.

Finally, there are plenty of places out there where you can find the information you seek, you just have to use your resolve and search a bit for them.
    Edited by Rev Rielle on May 24, 2014 11:01PM
    If you can be anything, be kind.
  • Demira
    Demira
    ✭✭✭
    "To the most dearest and wisest, Lady Cinnabar of Taneth, it has been an honor to read on your accounts of these Mundus Stones. In my studies of the Mundus exegesis, I've found myself to be intrigued by the Missing God, The Creator-Trickster-Tester deity, known as Lorkhan. His wickedness is why we exist, for he is the Spirit of Nirn, the god of all mortals. But in my studies I seek to learn if Lorkhan was mutilated as a punishment for his deception against the et'Ada, or if it was a voluntary submission, to become a god. Perhaps if us scholars traveled to the Red Mountain, where the Heart of Lorkhan was said to exist; we could possibly find more answers as to how the Mundus stones originated. Perhaps we can also find out what truly happened to Lorkhan and the disappearance of the Dwemer who sought after the same endeavor, hoping to exploit this knowledge, only to vanish from Nirn entirely." ~Serverus Ecru

Thank you for a most enjoyable read here, Serverus Ecru!!

• Nimerian
    Nimerian
    ✭✭✭
    Rev Rielle wrote: »
    Nimerian wrote: »
    Oh dear, I think you've missed the entire point. But worry not, there is a place for you too I'm sure. Of course you're welcome to wish for those things as much as you like, but what you shouldn't do is dismiss other aspects simply because you personally find them of no value or use. Enjoy whatever you want, but don't begrudge others from enjoying what they like simply because it's different to you.

Finally, there are plenty of places out there where you can find the information you seek, you just have to use your resolve and search a bit for them.

Nope there are not. Absolutely 0 places where you can get credible and detailed info. This is something that we should have gotten in our hands along with many other info. I DO appreciate lore, but I think your missing the point of an MMO game (not a novel book - movie). People strive for perfection in gameplay. Its not ONLY about the lore (like in this case), its about the story+gameplay coexistence, the extra lore is simply extra sauce and the info about the game values is something way more important and essential that only10 mins of a developer's time to post the values would help thousands of players to make an informed decision... I don't think I'm mistaken here, maybe the wrong place to QQ about it but I only ask logical things.
  • keto3000
    keto3000
    ✭✭✭
    So, as I understand it, the "effect" of Mundus Stones on your character's stats (Press "C" in-game to view your character stat screen) is dynamic and varies depending on your build. Just need to experiment with it and change Mundus stone whenever you like... remember that enchantments with the DIVINES traits on weapons/armor can enhance the Mundus effects on stats.

"These buffs are scaled in power with your character level, and you can even enchant your equipment with Divines trait to further increase benefits provided by these stones. It’s important to note that activating a mundus stone and its effect doesn’t cost any skill points or anything like that. You can switch them whenever you like without any costs or downsides whatsoever.
    from-
    [url="http://"]http://www.elderscrollsguides.com/mundus-stones/[/url]

More basic info:

http://tamrieljournal.com/mundus-stones-birthsigns-eso/

There are many others to be sure! :)
    Edited by keto3000 on May 26, 2014 8:10AM
    “The point of power is always in the present moment.”

― Louise L. Hay
  • Toorlokviing
    Toorlokviing
    ✭✭✭
    for your next article you say you are doing werewolves...first of all in that article id love to know how one can become the other therianopes of tes and where you can expect to get it...also the story of how hircine created the first ww and what its name was. id also like to know all the types there are....tes only mentions about 6...is there more?
  • Mirthuf
    Mirthuf
    Soul Shriven
    keto3000 wrote: »
    So, as I understand it, the "effect" of Mundus Stones on your character's stats (Press "C" in-game to view your character stat screen) is dynamic and varies depending on your build. Just need to experiment with it and change Mundus stone whenever you like... remember that enchantments with the DIVINES traits on weapons/armor can enhance the Mundus effects on stats.

"These buffs are scaled in power with your character level, and you can even enchant your equipment with Divines trait to further increase benefits provided by these stones. It’s important to note that activating a mundus stone and its effect doesn’t cost any skill points or anything like that. You can switch them whenever you like without any costs or downsides whatsoever.
    from-
    [url="http://"]http://www.elderscrollsguides.com/mundus-stones/[/url]

More basic info:

http://tamrieljournal.com/mundus-stones-birthsigns-eso/

There are many others to be sure! :)

Actualy yes we know all of this, but problem is INGAME,when these informations needs more explanation in mechanics because this is mmo game and there is alot of "lore players" which dont need these "numbers informations"ofc, but there is also alot of players what need them for sure.

So it is little ridiculous after 2 months of game running Zeni spend time to post something like this with mundus stones lore, instead of post something about mundus stones ingame problems

Most of ppl have problem with thief stone (crit. hit +5%.. probably) after u use mundus stone it also shows +5% in stats, but when u just logout or port somewhere else,it disapear from stats like u dont have it. NOWHERE IS OFFICIAL INFO(if it is,its hidden like hell for me :p) if its just screen bug or if u completly lose that bonus.

about numbers is also simple, u can take mundus stone which gives you increased critical dmg but again NO INFO how much
    next simple example- u can use glyph which decreases targets armor for 5 seconds, what about INFO how often it proc? and etc. etc. .....
  • robacooperb16_ESO
    robacooperb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Ah the joys of a MinMaxer venting a spleen in a Lore article discussion... ;)
    Edited by robacooperb16_ESO on May 28, 2014 9:27PM
    The only negative experience in ESO is those that make it negative.