The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Solo DK PVE Build

kirbus
kirbus
✭✭
First of I'm not complaining that shield bash was nerfed, it was OP that's why i used it, i don't want to turn this into an argument thread, i just want some help. I'm having trouble finding a build that works for me, questing in VR6 zones I cant seem to take on anymore than 2 at a time. i have tried a few builds but nothing seems vary viable for what i do the most, solo PVE. Are ther any DKs out there that can talk about how they make do?

as for me my weekend of questing turned into finally finishing some of those fishing achievements until i figure out what to do.
You can have it. I don't even like sweetrolls. <Crying on Inside>
...Yes, someone did steal my sweetroll.
  • kirbus
    kirbus
    ✭✭
    no one? i already spent 20k on a respec. there must be a way for me to kill more then 1 or 2 enemies.
  • kirbus
    kirbus
    ✭✭
    This has been up for 9 hours and viewed 30 times, and still no thoughts on this, even to say i suck or something.

I love ESO and haven't stopped playing since early access. i look forward to putting in massive amounts of time on the weekends, but i getting a bit depressed that all i can do this weekend is fish.
  • frozenchicken
    Well, the choices do vary depending on situation. I use a Heavy Armour build with spike armour and ransack (because absurd levels of armour are useful for dragging out battles), and combine high max health and high magic regen in order to make Dragon Blood as effective as possible. Obviously this is a tank-type build, but it does pretty much guarantee eventual victory against any foe (assuming you don't make mistakes) that doesn't either massively out-stat you or else have a fair few buddies along to tip the fight's favour. If you're mainly fighting singular enemies, Searing Flame is DK's most cost-effective attack, and against large groups of other foes, use Talons and positioning to effectively turn it into a mostly -single player fight (Petrify can work better, but you need to make sure you're not using DoTs or AoEs. That'll be something you need to decide before you start building). Anyway, for the last skill, I'd recommend something that uses stamina and preferably provides something tactically important like crowd control.
    For the ult, I'd suggest Mighty Standard or magma armour. Remember how I mentioned that caveat about being beaten by numbers or higher stats? These two choices cancel them out (though obviously each is best suited for a different caveat).
  • kirbus
    kirbus
    ✭✭
    That a bit similer to how i was playing, how have you spent m/h/s?
  • frozenchicken
    At level 37, I have 5/22/10, though I'm now mainly pouring my stats into Health. With the way Dragon blood functions, it heals you based partly on your total health, so it can be efficient to just pump that.
  • Skjlvald
    Skjlvald
    ✭✭✭
    2hander

Critical rush

Searing strike

Brawler

Burning talons

Flame breath
    Ulyn Andrano

VR3 Dark Elf Dragonknight

Ebonheart Pact