The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Provisioning: Why only create high lvl items?

florisontwerptb16_ESO
florisontwerptb16_ESO
Soul Shriven
I've noticed that food and drinks you make are always 5 to 10 level's higher than the area you found the ingredients in.
As a result, this means that when you run out of food/drinks, you have to travel all the way back to the previous -lower level- area to find ingredients for you current level.

What's up with that? Am I doing something wrong or is Zeni devious on purpose?
  • Svann
    Svann
    ✭✭✭
    Yea I noticed that. Also, why does the VT1 area have L1 provisioning mats?
  • Glurin
    Glurin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Better that than the trend that's in most MMOs where the mats that are appropriate for your level are always in the next zone which is above your level range.

Not sure why the vet 1 area is dropping level one mats. Kinda frustrating though, since I went through all the trouble of leveling provisioning and dumping the nine or ten or however many skill points it needs into it specifically so I could get a much needed boost for vet content. If I can't use it, then those are just wasted skill points that could be put to much better use elsewhere.

Also can't seem to find many recipes anymore, to say nothing of motifs.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster...when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..."