The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

ZOS is making things rough on themselves.

Ulvich
Ulvich
✭✭✭✭
In my honest opinion this latest patch should have been delayed. We still had many issues yet to be dealt with as it was. And now it seems there is no light at the end of the tunnel.
ZOS has already announced that in about two months more content will be released, that being “Crypt of Hearts”.
Why are they pushing new content out so fast before fixing what they have?
Edited by Ulvich on May 23, 2014 2:28PM
Hit Hard. Hit Fast. Hit Often - BETA Group: 85 b 9
  • Salsadoom
    Salsadoom
    ✭✭✭
    Yes it should of been delayed, people maxed level too quick, now they are scrambling to keep them interested. Scrambling to get something done/fixed often makes more issues.

One of the IT managers at my shop has a sign that reads
    'measure twice, cut once'
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Crypt of Hearts already exists though. I guess they're just making a veteran version of it? So it's a smaller thing than Craglorn.

But yeah, necessary fixes before new content, please.
  • Hiddenbunny
    fixing? you mean break more ***?
  • Audigy
    Audigy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ulvich wrote: »
    In my honest opinion this latest patch should have been delayed. We still had many issues yet to be dealt with as it was. And now it seems there is no light at the end of the tunnel.
    ZOS has already announced that in about two months more content will be released, that being “Crypt of Hearts”.

Because we have a vocal minority at this forum, that keeps complaining about "no Endgame" all day.
  • Ulvich
    Ulvich
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rosveen wrote: »
    Crypt of Hearts already exists though. I guess they're just making a veteran version of it? So it's a smaller thing than Craglorn.

But yeah, necessary fixes before new content, please.

I’m not exactly sure what “Crypt of Hearts” entails. You can read the post here:

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Elder-Scrolls-Online-Patch-1-12-and-Craglorn-Zone-Now-Out-on-All-Megaservers-443607.shtml

I just feel that ZOS is digging a very deep grave at the moment.

• Ulvich
    Ulvich
    ✭✭✭✭
    Audigy wrote: »

Because we have a vocal minority at this forum, that keeps complaining about "no Endgame" all day.

I understand that. But endgame content is something they should have added before launch, not after.
    I had the chance to play beta, and during that time I couldn't find one person who made it to VR content. It seemed no one even knew what it was.

• Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They probably don't use the same developers for content creation and bug fixing, it depends what needs fixing and what developers are assigned where.
    They said before the game was out of beta that they would be working to release constant updates with new content for players and it seems to be what they're doing.

Also you'll noticed even during the development of Craglorn they created a lot of bug fixes which shipped before or with Craglorn, this should be proof enough that even while working on content they're keeping up with fixes for the game.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Ulvich
    Ulvich
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don’t get me wrong, I do see things being fixed all the time. But how do they expect to get caught up if they keep neglecting certain issues? Example: It took them almost a month to fix some of the quests in Coldharbour. And what about all the bots and gold spammers?
    With this most recent patch it seems we have even more problems. And will they all be fixed before the next content is released? I hope so.
    I just feel ZOS should be more focused on fixing quests and removing bots then thinking about what color my gear is.
  • Deepfry
    Deepfry
    Audigy wrote: »

Not sure that makes sense. These forums probably only represent 20% (let's say) of the player base at the most. So a "vocal minority at this forum" probably only represents 10% (maximum) of the player base.

So are you saying that they are pushing out new content to satisfy 10% of the player base ?

PS: even if my top-of-the-head percentages are wrong, the number of people moaning on these forums about endgame content only represents a small proportion of the player base.
  • JessieColt
    JessieColt
    ✭✭✭✭

2 different teams. 2 different sets of job skills.

Delaying release of new content wont fix existing content any faster.

People who write Quest Dialog and set quest points on a map have nothing to do with fixing code bugs.

People who create graphical content for new maps/zones/creatures/dungeons have nothing to do with the coders who create/fix/maintain the the code base.

Laying off the graphical and dialog teams will do nothing to fix the issues any faster, and will only serve to delay the release of future content, and push those existing employees into leaving the company to look for work somewhere else, causing even further problems down the road.

• Ulvich
    Ulvich
    ✭✭✭✭
    These two different teams should learn to communicate with each other. And they should learn to correctly make things work instead of trying to push out content at record pace.
    I think they should stop development on the next upcoming content and place these two teams in a locked room until this train wreck is fixed.