Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Nightblade Sneak Attack Huge Nerf? (not only to death stroke)(V10)

damfatcow
damfatcow
✭✭
Anyone notice this? I used to sneak attack crit for 1.4k with my heavy charge bow from stealth now it only hits for 600-800 at most (veteran 10). Is there something I'm missing here from patch notes that I overlooked?
  • frwinters_ESO
    frwinters_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    May be something specific with bows. I use melee from stealth and im doing the same damage.
  • Vuron
    Vuron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've posted in other threads that my Soul Tether ult no longer receives any bonus from stealth. It used to open for over 2400 and now only does 500 whether I'm in stealth, invis, or face tanking the mob. Also VR10.

• damfatcow
    damfatcow
    ✭✭
    Yeah i can confirm i lost about 200-400 damage from my heavy bow sneak. ( from sides and back damage and frontal as well sometimes doesnt crit even when im in stealth)
  • damfatcow
    damfatcow
    ✭✭
    I'm guessing they stealthed nerfed sneak attacks for all classes but this actually effects night blades the most because we are the "stealthy class and supposed to do the most damage from stealth." I could be wrong but I didn't see any posts of sneak attack damage being nerfed other than the incapacitating strike sneak attack. Bow was my single target dps bar and I used this sneak attack damage in pvp and pve very often to open up on my enemy This is actually a huge nerf to my play style and seriously disappointing.
  • Sheneria
    Sheneria
    ✭✭✭
    I used to be able to crit for over 1700 from heavy bow attack on low level mobs. not any more. lost a good 600 dmg. thanks for breaking my nb
  • Liquid_Time
    Liquid_Time
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well darn.. I used bow a lot too... :scream:
    ¸.•¨)
    ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
    (¸.•´ (¸.•`
    Liquid_Time'*-.¸.-•-.¸_¸.-•-.¸_¸.-•-.¸_¸.-•-.¸_¸.-•-.¸_¸.-••¤
    ╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════╗
       IGN: Liquid Past || Rank: V14 || Class: Nightblade || World Skill: Vampire
    ╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════╝
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not seeing any sneak attack nerfs. Seems like VR mobs got a boost to health, but I still do insane damage with my Surprise Attack.
    ----
    Murray?
  • Jowrik
    Jowrik
    ✭✭✭
    LOL there goes my build even more now.

- Nightblade
    - Vampire (got fixed yay!)
    - Build works with Haste + Reaper's mark + Siphoning attacks
    - Crit maxed out
    - Bow user only

I'm focked.
    Nightblade - Khajiit - Rha'Viir
    PC - EU - Aldmeri Dominion
  • Sheneria
    Sheneria
    ✭✭✭
    looks like the Mundus Stones are bugged (used the shadow one) and prob some other passives too. gota check some
  • SaibotLiu
    SaibotLiu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yep that's it for me. I loved this game at launch. I was content playing a broke ass nightblade until you decided to fix things, because I could make it work for me. But you keep moving the target around. Im always the first to sign up for a challenge, I took a lot of personal satisfaction in getting my build to work with the weakest of the classes you've given us, the redheaded *** step child of ESO that is nightblade. But that's not enough, you have to take away 1. crit damage from stealth, which I relied on to PVE. 2. Shield bash DMG which was great for PVE. 3. make my build useless and give me back a whole 2 SP, thanks a lot. Ok so now I sneak up on stuff and hit it, first strike, and do about half the damage I used to do in a lot of cases. Keep in mind Im not even talking about the ultimate, just Surprise strike. I played your broke ass PVP, are sorcerers still teleporting around everwhere, are DK's still destroying groups of 5 at a time? If so, why the fluck did you nerf the hell out of nightblade, you ignorant monkeys?

Now that my rant is over with, I can PVP just fine, if I could be bothered. But Im not even going to bother with your infantile Vet rank content, with a stupidly broken class.

This game is a joke at this point.