The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Videos on the new VR difficulty

kakosanierap
kakosanierap
Soul Shriven
Since there are a lot of people saying that the new difficulty settings are quite hard... could anyone post a video of a normal run of the mill trash/mob engagement? I mean, I don't find it that hard.
  • ShintaiDK
    ShintaiDK
    ✭✭✭
    The single fact that VR11 and VR12 mobs are easier than VR7 says it all.
  • PBpsy
    PBpsy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Since there are a lot of people saying that the new difficulty settings are quite hard... could anyone post a video of a normal run of the mill trash/mob engagement? I mean, I don't find it that hard.

Post some video of your not that hard first then. Show us your allmightiness.
    ShintaiDK wrote: »
    Exactly. Leveling in Craglorn by grinding mobs is faster then questing in VR9-10 and way less painful.

Edited by PBpsy on May 23, 2014 10:22AM
    ESO forums achievements
    Proud fanboi
    Elitist jerk
    Troll
    Hater
    Fan of icontested(rainbow colors granted)
  • Yakidafi
    Yakidafi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    facts are facts, not wordsay, just saying.

@kakosanierap‌ what v rank you play at? I am in europe so will get in and try soon :)
    Moons and sands shall be your guide and path.
    PC EU/NA
  • kakosanierap
    kakosanierap
    Soul Shriven
    PBpsy wrote: »

Exactly. Leveling in Craglorn by grinding mobs is faster then questing in VR9-10 and way less painful.

Dude chill. I'm just asking for videos. No need for your sarcasm.
  • kakosanierap
    kakosanierap
    Soul Shriven
    Yakidafi wrote: »
    facts are facts, not wordsay, just saying.

@kakosanierap‌ what v rank you play at? I am in europe so will get in and try soon :)

I'm on VR4
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well we have some death recap images who show 1800 damage attacks.
    From mobs, not three dot bosses.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • PBpsy
    PBpsy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

You want me to chill? CHILL??? :#:\ / Equips fire staff Pulsar pulsar pulsar >:) ... Chill !!! pulsar pulsar chilll >:) /runs out of magicka :'(
    Edited by PBpsy on May 23, 2014 10:40AM
    ESO forums achievements
    Proud fanboi
    Elitist jerk
    Troll
    Hater
  • kakosanierap
    kakosanierap
    Soul Shriven

You want me to chill? CHILL??? :#:\ / Equips fire staff Pulsar pulsar pulsar >:) ... Chill !!! pulsar pulsar chilll >:) /runs out of magicka :'(

hahaha lol
  • wrlifeboil
    wrlifeboil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's a strange thought, OP. You make it sound like the devs are trying to aid or protect someone/some group in that VR10 wave. Zenimax Media is a private corporation that doesn't have the public shareholders so it could be possible I suppose.

Maybe some VR10s are related to someone at ZM or something. Just think how nice it would be to have a $100 million+ game customized to your needs. Must be some billionaire's kid or something (yeah, definitely envious).
  • kakosanierap
    kakosanierap
    Soul Shriven
    wrlifeboil wrote: »
    That's a strange thought, OP. You make it sound like the devs are trying to aid or protect someone/some group in that VR10 wave. Zenimax Media is a private corporation that doesn't have the public shareholders so it could be possible I suppose.

Maybe some VR10s are related to someone at ZM or something. Just think how nice it would be to have a $100 million+ game customized to your needs. Must be some billionaire's kid or something (yeah, definitely envious).

what's with the conspiracy? lol i was asking for videos.
  • Katkon
    Katkon
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a lowly VR1 and I must say that I haven't noticed much of a difference. I spent 30 minutes soloing groups of 1-2 mobs in PvE last night, just to see what everyone was complaining about, and didn't see much difference other than perhaps it took me a bit longer to get enemies down.

That being said - I also heard all the whining about sword and shield (my default play style) so I tried a 2h greatsword. Bear in mind I have NO passives in this weapon line vs, ALL passives in 1h/shield. It was quite a bit more challenging with the 2h weapon - my health started depleting, often to the half-way mark (and I have 49 attributes in health) until I activated armor actives. With 1h/shield I rarely lose ANY health at all against 2 NPCs.

I actually - and very oddly - felt a lot more powerful in PvP as a DK with sword/shield. Had a fun time taking down some VR8s - which usually doesn't happen - and my survivability seemed to greatly improve. May have been fluke - but my initial impression was: I feel stronger and like I have greater survivability, which is the opposite of what everyone else is saying with the DK line.

But back on track: with my default pre-patch loadout mobs (at least VR1) feel about the same; perhaps they have more health and do more damage, but it's not very noticeable to me, except if I switch to a weapon line with NO passives unlocked. But that feels like an apples to oranges comparison.
  • Yakidafi
    Yakidafi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey, just made this video to show that it is hardly any difference now from before.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_vwkOIFJNI&feature=youtu.be

I am vr3 NB going from vr3 area up to 5, can not go further, well maybe to craglorn, but not visited that area yet.

Edited by Yakidafi on May 23, 2014 12:09PM
    Moons and sands shall be your guide and path.
    PC EU/NA
  • JJDrakken
    JJDrakken
    ✭✭✭
    Nice video. So do we just tell peeps to L2P now? -shrugs-
    Curious how my Nightblade Mage build going pan out.
    Edited by JJDrakken on May 23, 2014 12:16PM
    Leader of Oblivion Crisis. Bunch of Daedric Worshiping MF's. We'll Bang Ok.
  • PBpsy
    PBpsy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yakidafi wrote: »
    Hey, just made this video to show that it is hardly any difference now from before.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_vwkOIFJNI&feature=youtu.be

I am vr3 NB going from vr3 area up to 5, can not go further, well maybe to craglorn, but not visited that area yet.

Because anybody actually complained about VR 1-5 difficulty or Craglorn. And yes that play is slow as crap.
    Edited by PBpsy on May 23, 2014 12:26PM
    ESO forums achievements
    Proud fanboi
    Elitist jerk
    Troll
    Hater
  • Big_O
    Big_O
    JJDrakken wrote: »

V7 NB here. You may need to switch to heavy armor,lol. I was 1 shot killed last night while grinding. There has been a definite increase in the damage output by trash mobs.

http://i57.tinypic.com/2njfuc6.jpg
  • PBpsy
    PBpsy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Big_O wrote: »

V7 NB here. You may need to switch to heavy armor,lol. I was 1 shot killed last night while grinding. There has been a definite increase in the damage output by trash mobs.

And by a Senche tiger lol.

ESO forums achievements
    Proud fanboi
    Elitist jerk
    Troll
    Hater
  • Big_O
    Big_O
    Big_O wrote: »

And by a Senche tiger lol.

I was in shock, lol. My health with food at the time was a little over 2400.
    Edited by Big_O on May 23, 2014 12:36PM
  • AZRainman
    AZRainman
    ✭✭✭
    VR9 here....I usually never die cept on the world bosses or trying to solo a dolem. Now 3 pack trash mobs are making it tough. Just wait till you get to one of them defend against the waves of npcs quest....you'll love it, like a kick in the crotch.
  • esoone
    esoone
    ✭✭✭
    Tried to make a video but they 1 shot my camera.
  • YstradClud
    YstradClud
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm in the AD vr10 zone at the moment finishing off my quests here and not finding any numbers out of the ordinary when I die. Yes I die a fair bit even tho I am a tank :p
  • esoone
    esoone
    ✭✭✭
    xCHEMISTx wrote: »
    I'm in the AD vr10 zone at the moment finishing off my quests here and not finding any numbers out of the ordinary when I die. Yes I die a fair bit even tho I am a tank :p

You die by fishing?
  • Sendarya
    Sendarya
    ✭✭✭
    It is like no one can read. Repeatedly, people have pointed out this is only happening in VR5 through VR10 areas. Not before and not after. If you are in a VR1 or VR3 area, or in Craiglorn, there is NO difference.

I'm pre-50 so I can't experience it in any case, but it is offputting to continue to level. Well, actualy I can't much continue to level anyway, because I can't get into Stonefalls to finish the Main Story Quest and finish off Molag Bal because that zone seems to be in permanent rollback, but that is a separate issue.

Anyway, Don't learn2play, just Learn2Read.
    Owner of the Traveling Tavern, serving superior and consummate foods and drinks for all your leveling needs! :p
    The Traveling Tavern is now closed, until veteran loot tables and rare food mats are fixed. I am very sorry to all my loyal customers!
  • kakosanierap
    kakosanierap
    Soul Shriven
    Sendarya wrote: »
    It is like no one can read. Repeatedly, people have pointed out this is only happening in VR5 through VR10 areas. Not before and not after. If you are in a VR1 or VR3 area, or in Craiglorn, there is NO difference.

I'm pre-50 so I can't experience it in any case, but it is offputting to continue to level. Well, actualy I can't much continue to level anyway, because I can't get into Stonefalls to finish the Main Story Quest and finish off Molag Bal because that zone seems to be in permanent rollback, but that is a separate issue.

Anyway, Don't learn2play, just Learn2Read.

I just want to see. I dont see any evidence aside from people talking about it. Im not saying that the bug doesnt exist, Im asking for visual evidence.
  • kakosanierap
    kakosanierap
    Soul Shriven