Maintenance for the week of July 8:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance - July 8
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 9, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Puncturing Sweep, 1 second lockout bug?

phaneub17_ESO
phaneub17_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I don't know if this affects Biting Jabs as well, but Puncturing Sweep now has a 1 second global cooldown locking you out from doing anything after using it. You can't re-use the ability, you can't use any other abilities including healing, you can't even attack with your weapon or block with a shield.
  • randerson187_ESO
    randerson187_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Yup having the same issues with people telling me that's it just lag and/or it my pc. I tried to explain but no one wants to listen but it's so true I can not play the way I have play since lvl1.
    Options
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I seriously hope this is a bug and not an intended change to reduce bot effectiveness.
    Options
  • Axer
    Axer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yea it better be a bug.

And no, it's absolutely not lag. It's a 100% reproduceable change that happens to everyone, at all FPS, on all machines.

As this stealth nerf utterly destroys templars ability to deal ANY DPS.

And also makes it insanely harder to tank. As you have no other way to deal dps, yet you plain cannot block or anything after it now, your character just stands there like an idiot, and oftne dies.

Complete non-sense that they let such a critical bug/nerf thats not in the notes like this go live.

And nerfing LEGIT players so heavily because of bots is INSANELY poor game design.

We don't care about bots so much we want our own characters destroyed by them. Thats like LETTING them win ZO. Don't let them win.
    Edited by Axer on May 23, 2014 8:08AM
    Axer. Main tank and Leader of Crush it! (NA-EP highly skilled trials guild)
    Options
  • Travail
    Travail
    ✭✭✭
    I can block/bash after using this ability, but that is all, and neither of those actually gets you out of the ~1 second delay. They are just two things you can do while waiting.

This was realistically probably a ~30% damage reduction on the skill itself (the animation is now at least that much longer. Some people are saying twice as long, but I don't think so. I think the animation was always longer than 1.1 seconds.) Then, factor in that you used to be able to clip the animation with block/bash (like you can with every skill) and you're losing even more dps.

Seems like a huge nerf. I sincerely hope it was not done to combat bots. You don't go nerfing a specific class because of bots. Completely the wrong way to go about it.

-Travail.
    www.obsidianbrotherhood.com
    Options
  • Reinmard
    Reinmard
    ✭✭✭
    Yeeeeep this has been happening since two weeks, and stiiiill broken, you think is anoying at lvl 1? prepare for when you get to VR 7 and you cannot kill even a single mob coz the delay.
    Options
  • smercgames_ESO
    smercgames_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Why do people scream OMG I BEEN NERFED! If you stand around doing nothing after an animation is completed it's obviously a bug not a nerf. If it was a legit nerf they would have extended the animation. Use your brains for a second.

My templar doesn't have this ability but I have noticed combat without animation clipping in general has just been massively slowed down. On my nightblade I have to let my entire animation play out then there is a small delay before the next action. I assume since people keep pointing this one out specifically it's even more messed up than the rest but I think in general something is wrong with all animations but this one might be worse.

What I want to know is... why couldn't it happen to DKs? Break broken talons to have a 3 second delay after the cast!
    Options
  • prophet
    prophet
    Soul Shriven
    Yup I've been having same problem also, I took out Punc Sweep from my action bar
    Options
  • rpssunrealb16_ESO
    rpssunrealb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    In patch 1.1.2, we increased the internal cooldown of Biting Jabs from 0.5 seconds to 1.2 seconds. Unfortunately, this change was not documented in the patch notes. This was not intended, and we do apologize. .... its not a bugg devs.. they just yea drunk or something?
    Options
  • Jeremy_gelber_ESO
    Jeremy_gelber_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    In patch 1.1.2, we increased the internal cooldown of Biting Jabs from 0.5 seconds to 1.2 seconds. Unfortunately, this change was not documented in the patch notes. This was not intended, and we do apologize. .... its not a bugg devs.. they just yea drunk or something?

i think they just want us to be healbots for their DKs
    Options