Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Bow/Dual Wield Build

Chief_W
Chief_W
Hey everyone,

I'm coming back to this game after about a month and looking to start fresh. I'm interested in using bow and dual wield as my weapons, but am having a hard time choosing which class I want to be. I am sort of leaning towards sorcerer as it seems to have alot of CC abilities that would be useful. I am open to mostly any class, although I would like to avoid Nightblade because that is what my friend is playing as. I was hoping someone would be able to help me put together a build for bow/duel wield, or point out some useful abilities.

Thanks in advance.
  • TicToc
    TicToc
    ✭✭✭
    There is really no best class to go with a certain weapon combination. Pretty much any class will work with any weapon combination.

Best thing to do would be to look at the class skills and see which ones you think you would like the most. Try to determine which ones will fit the way you plan to play the character.

Listing the weapon combination doesn't help a lot, because you could still use them in various ways. You could mainly use the bow and only switch to dual wield when enemies close in on you, or you may mainly use DW and only switch to bow when needed, or you may just want to alternate between them when the mood strikes you. Also, PvE vs PvP could be a factor.

If you are looking more to stay at range then you likely won't want to play a DK as most of their abilities are of a shorter range. That would leave you with Templar and Sorc. Both have long ranged spells that would work if you are looking to be more ranged.

Outside the casting, the Templar has the spear line and the healing line. It should be obvious whether either of those appeal to you. If they don't, then sorc might be your best bet. Outside of healing, Sorc will have more utility.

If, however, you plan on using DW more and want to be up close and personal, then DK is back on the table and will also have a good amount of utility.

• Hawke
    Hawke
    ✭✭✭✭
    Class skills may never even be a factor for you after level 20 or so.

You get one passive each class ability that is not tied to that specific skill line.

So essentially you do not have to use a single class skill if you do not want to, because you do not need to.

You only have 6 slots in your hotbar including your ultimate... and there are dozens of skills out there that you could that are not class skills.

Like what @tictoc said, There is no best class with a weapon,, just like there is no best class.

I imagine when the game matures more, that there will be a number of builds that never even use a class skill.