The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Thanks ZOS, now I can't even kill 2 VR4 wolves with my build..

PVT_Parts
PVT_Parts
✭✭✭
Really? 80 dmg with bash now? I just got the glyphs to reduce it's cost, now I can't even afford to respec... What is this crap?
  • NordJitsu
    NordJitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Try hitting things with a weapon instead of a board.

Shields are supposed to be defensive. They shouldn't give you better DPS than Dual Wield and Two Handed.
    @NordJitsu - Guild Master (Main Character = Hlaalu Idas)
    GREAT HOUSE HLAALU
  • Nitratas
    Nitratas
    ✭✭✭
    NordJitsu wrote: »

Shields are supposed to be defensive. They shouldn't give you better DPS than Dual Wield and Two Handed.

True that
  • xramirez535b14_ESO
    A reduction to respec cost would have gone nicely with a lot of the nerfs.
  • daveben007b14a_ESO

^^^^
  • kasain
    kasain
    ✭✭✭
    [Moderation: Content removed for Flaming]
    Edited by ZOS_SilviaS on May 22, 2014 9:34PM
  • PVT_Parts
    PVT_Parts
    ✭✭✭

Perhaps you don't know the history of the shield... Also, haven't you seen the pointy bones sticking out of some of the motif designs? Maybe I want to beat them with that.
  • glitchmaster999
    glitchmaster999
    ✭✭✭✭
    PVT_Parts wrote: »

Perhaps you don't know the history of the shield... Also, haven't you seen the pointy bones sticking out of some of the motif designs? Maybe I want to beat them with that.

My brother did recreational stuff at medieval fairs, it isn't used how people were trying to use it. It is used to push people of balance. I was waiting to see a dragonknight complain about them breaking their overpowered cookie cutter right-click-to-win build.

Awwww looks lime you might have to actually put effort in for a change :'(
  • Avidus
    Avidus
    ✭✭✭
    What I see here is what I predicted in another thread last night.
    ZoS would fix a broken mechanic, and everybody abusing it would cry about how they deserve a free respec.

No.
  • GeeYouWhy
    GeeYouWhy
    ✭✭✭
    If you get high DPS with a shield bash then I want my dual blades to add to my armor rating ...
    Konrandir, Vampire Sorcerer
  • glitchmaster999
    glitchmaster999
    ✭✭✭✭
    Avidus wrote: »
    ZoS would fix a broken mechanic, and everybody abusing it would cry about how they deserve a free respec.

No.

Me and my brother were taking bets on this happening lol. Its like people crying over the vamp change, just cause somethings op does mean that when its fixed its still gonna be op just to a slightly lesser extent.
  • Drachenfier
    Drachenfier
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sounds like dual wield and two handed need to be buffed then.
  • Evergreen
    Evergreen
    ✭✭✭

I agree with Nord but empathize with the OP. As a Nightblade I used to rely on shield bash for dps early in the game but found in VR5 + content that saving the stamina for actual damage mitigation with the occasional interrupt is far more useful.
  • Maverick827
    Maverick827
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The weapon does 80 damage as well.

FYI, NordJitsu is a pure caster Sorcorer, so take his comments and recommendations with a plate of salt.
    Edited by Maverick827 on May 22, 2014 9:28PM
  • Drachenfier
    Drachenfier
    ✭✭✭✭✭

FYI, NordJitsu is a pure caster Sorcorer, so take his comments and recommendations with a plate of salt.

lol, makes sense now.
  • Evergreen
    Evergreen
    ✭✭✭

FYI, NordJitsu is a pure caster Sorcorer.

Weapon skills and basic light, heavy melee really need a damage boost imo. Flying Blade was decent but just had a dps nerf (yes requiring more stamina to cast = damage nerf). Bows really need a buff as well.
  • glitchmaster999
    glitchmaster999
    ✭✭✭✭
    80 damage is about the same as a single dual weild attack, sword and board should have low dps as trade off for its tankyness.
  • glitchmaster999
    glitchmaster999
    ✭✭✭✭

Oh and I was a sword and board nightblade but I started levelling two hander and bow as soon as I saw the original patch notes
  • Drachenfier
    Drachenfier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    80 damage is about the same as a single dual weild attack, sword and board should have low dps as trade off for its tankyness.

It does have low dps.
  • glitchmaster999
    glitchmaster999
    ✭✭✭✭

It does have low dps.

It didn't before the patch.
  • Maverick827
    Maverick827
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bash costs stamina, and having a shield doesn't really add as much defense as you think.
    Edited by Maverick827 on May 22, 2014 9:45PM
  • Nightspectre
    Bash costs stamina, and having a shield doesn't really add as much defense as you think.

Then you're using it wrong, try blocking = Working as intended

Sorcerer Tank Lvl 48
    DK Tank Vet 2
    Edited by Nightspectre on May 22, 2014 9:50PM
  • jkbennettb14a_ESO
    jkbennettb14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭

It does if you actually, you know... block attacks with it.
    On Class Balance
    The real dilemma is that; Powdered doughnuts are overpowdered, the chocolate doughnuts are too chocolaty, and the coconut crunch doughnuts have more coconut than all other doughnuts. This is OUTRAGEOUSLY unfair to other doughnuts!

So from now on, all you special snowflakes get is nasty plain doughnuts...enjoy!
  • glitchmaster999
    glitchmaster999
    ✭✭✭✭

Well if thats the case why dont tanks just run a resto staff? Sword and board adds a lot of defensive ability, if it doesnt you are doing soemething wrong.
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bashbashbashbashbash owait

Now you actually have to pay attention to what youre doing, actually attack, use exploit attacks and manage your HAM.

No sympathy.
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • waitingmk01b14_ESO
    waitingmk01b14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Speaking as a DK who rolled up as a DK on the first day of head start before it was "cool" to be a DK, I'm glad they fixed this ***. Was getting tired of seeing people running around abusing this obviously broken mechanic and making a bad name for those of us who used the shield as it was meant to be used, as a defensive tool with the possibility of doing a good bit of damage to someone when used *at the right time*. I've only ever used the thing to interrupt NPCs and I'm a heavy armour wearing DK too, yet I've somehow soloed everything up to VR 5 so far, other than some world bosses and all the dungeons, obviously.

If you built you whole character around this one ability, that's on you. Yeah, the big Z said you could "play how you want" but it never guaranteed equality of outcome. It never said, "play how you want and be equally as effective or more effective than everyone else". Now they need to fix that *** where people use blocking and regular attacks in some kind of button-mashing combination to attack mush faster than they're supposed to. I think it's one regular attack followed by two blocks, or vice-versa. It makes you look like a spaz on the battlefield and it's just straight up pathetic.
    Edited by waitingmk01b14_ESO on May 22, 2014 10:21PM
  • Blackwidow
    Blackwidow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    A reduction to respec cost would have gone nicely with a lot of the nerfs.

Or at least one free one.
    Avidus wrote: »

No.

If ZOS designs a game for you to play one way and then ZOS takes away that ability, ZOS should allow players to respect.

I have never used a shield, but if the game let me super kill with my staff and I built my character around that and then they suddenly made my staff a lot less powerful, I think a respect might be in order.
    Edited by Blackwidow on May 22, 2014 10:25PM
  • Maverick827
    Maverick827
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It does if you actually, you know... block attacks with it.
    It blocks more, but it doesn't block enough to make the 1H/Shield line viable for solo PvE.
  • sztartureb17_ESO
    sztartureb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    YES, YES, YES :smiley:

Finally ZOS did the right thing. It was about time. Even today on eu server the drill was three DK shiled charge talons+ shield bash *** on any soloer.

Now that ends.
  • Soloeus
    Soloeus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Respec.

Within; Without.
  • PVT_Parts
    PVT_Parts
    ✭✭✭

You don't use stamina for that regular dual wield attack. Bash costs stamina. Shield isn't anymore tanky than dual wield. Still reach the soft cap of armor so that shield is really only adding 40 of the 100 armor.