The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Screen stuttering & other graphic problems post 1.1.2 patch

Ruckus
Ruckus
Soul Shriven
Windows 7 (64)
i7-3770
32GB RAM
Radeon R9 280

This patch pretty much broke the game for me. The log in screen and game vibrates up and down randomly very fast. Sometimes, even though the res is set to 2560x1440 it looks like it is displaying at 800x600. Also my second monitor is now black, where it used to display desktop and any apps running. I've tried rebooting, disabling all other processes and it still won't behave. All drivers up to date.

Was running fine last night.
  • uptheirons
    uptheirons
    Soul Shriven
    I'm having the same issues. Running Windows 8.
  • Tarwin
    Tarwin
    ✭✭✭
    Guys running Fullscreen? Maybe drop to window mode as they just messed around with fullscreen for Nvidia, maybe broke something for AMD?
    Edited by Tarwin on May 22, 2014 7:49PM
  • uptheirons
    uptheirons
    Soul Shriven
    I have tried windowed mode and changing all video settings. Nothing helps. Game is unplayable now unless you want a headache or motion sickness.
  • Sedrethi
    Sedrethi
    ✭✭✭
    Granted I have a horrible integrated graphics card (ugh), before I was playing decently enough on the minimum graphic settings. Once I ran the client after the update, I had to switch from "Fullscreen" to "Windowed (Fullscreen)" to stop my fans from exploding. In-game, I'm noticing the graphics even on minimum are much more crisp and cleaner than they used to be, but it's causing me a bit of stuttering and a slightly worse hit to my frames per second.
    @Sedrethi PC/Mac-NA
    My User Profile on the UESP
    Officer to the official UESP (PC/Mac-NA) Guild

Champions (Forever* above the Cap):
    Celebrated:
    Ravyn Sedrethi — Dunmer♂ Nightblade (Vampire)
    Ravyn of the Coiled Path — Dunmer♂ Warden
    Ravyn the Ravenous — Dunmer♂ Necromancer (Vampire)
    Aranea Varys — Dunmer♀ Dragonknight (Vampire)
    Aranea the Fleshweaver — Dunmer♀ Necromancer (Vampire)
    Norrawen Anutwyll — Bosmer♀ Nightblade (Werewolf)
    Norrawen the Racer's Eye — Bosmer♀ Warden
    Wucheeva-Ei — Saxhleel♀ Nightblade
    Shura gro-Ushar — Orc♂ Dragonknight
    Hrist Cloud-Hewer — Skaal♀ Sorcerer (Werewolf)
    Umbarion — Altmer♂ Templar (Vampire)
    Hulaava-Jei — Saxhleel♂ Sorcerer (Vampire)
    Viatrix Auria — Colovian♀ Templar
    Heroes (Level 1-49):
    Unsung:
    Taeil-Jujak Lupinus — Rim-Men♂ Necromancer
    Geiraldur of Riverwood — Nord♂ Warden
    Ma'zin-dar — Khajiit♂ Templar
    Azani at-Zahir — Redguard♂ Dragonknight
    Padraic Seathanach — Reachman♂ Sorcerer
  • uptheirons
    uptheirons
    Soul Shriven
    I was able to fix this by running the repair client feature and then restarting my pc. I hope this helps.
  • Ruckus
    Ruckus
    Soul Shriven
    uptheirons wrote: »
    I was able to fix this by running the repair client feature and then restarting my pc. I hope this helps.

If you are having this problem, do not do this...now the game won't even play.
  • Arreyanne
    Arreyanne
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was getting a pink characters PC's and I guess important NPC"s because some where not pink also pink animation graphic's

this is after minimizing and going back to back.

Log out relaunched fixed but very irritating, also running fullscreen mode R9 270
    Edited by Arreyanne on May 23, 2014 4:26AM
  • Sapphy24
    Sapphy24
    ✭✭✭
    Flat mate is pulling out his hair now.. and he didn't have a lot to start with.
    Trying everything my tiny mind can think of but nothing is working for long. He ran the repair program, omg, then the problems really started. Got to 81% and kept saying the disk was corrupted. Eventually after 10 tries of this, got on to game after download which kept going back and forth. Get into game. YAY then... Black screen, stuttering text at bottom of screen. Done everything a little lady can think of.. nothing working. What in the blue blazes does he do now?
    I can play, no problems for me, but he has been through hell over the last 12 hours.
    Latest is. Critical error loading, Data corruption detected.
    Click on Cancel,Debug or ignore once. Clicked on Debug went to new screen,
    Crash reporter.
    Played for an hour then.. Black screen again.
    Rinse and repeat.
    This is the 4th time he has got this.
    So what now guys?
    I think I will take up drinking if this keeps going, and i'm a terrible drunk, dancing on tables etc. HELP.. please.

• Ruckus
    Ruckus
    Soul Shriven
    I know you have a million bugs to fix but any CS actually read this forum?