Maintenance for the week of July 8:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance - July 8
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 9, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

9 NB lives to 1 DK?

Talketzanto
Talketzanto
✭✭✭
Rumor has it that a NB can die 9 times before a DK dies once....same skill levels just different classes...

Yet the damage output is very similar.....any thoughts?
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    all because of the low cost, 30% heal that dk's have available for spammage.

Well, that and a low cost ultimate that reduces damage taken, an armor buff, an aoe damage/self heal, and a damage shield available to the same class.
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
    Options
  • Kypho
    Kypho
    ✭✭✭✭
    And NB has only one superior power compared to the others... umm wait nm. All underpowered. PPL post builds how good NB aoe is, but lol nope. nothing compared to any other class. Awesome NB healer... nope, not even near to awesome. Speaking of veteran levels, NB is underpowered.
    Options
  • vicNBitis
    vicNBitis
    ✭✭✭
    NBs have a good/great opener. And a pretty average closer. The middle bits they are god-awful at. The longer the fight the more useless they get. That's acceptable for the monotony that is questing but it's a deal breaker practically everywhere else.
    Options
  • Wifeaggro13
    Wifeaggro13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lynx7386 wrote: »

Well, that and a low cost ultimate that reduces damage taken, an armor buff, an aoe damage/self heal, and a damage shield available to the same class.

Take away light armor form the DK its plain and simple he will cast those pesky utility spells 2 or three times and be. tapped would you support them removing all that and actually giving us some single target DPS so we can one shot too?Or just f it the DK just needs a couple of flame spells. i say remove the ability for DK's to run Spiked armor with unlimited magica, make it a toggle that caps there magica to a 30% reduction similar to Sorcs penalty for running pets. Also i was one shotted by a NB with a two hander from stealth in heavy armor . shouldny i get some sneak attack immunity in heavy? . are you mad you cant stand toe to toe with a primarily tank class that has high survivability? the problem is a DK should not be able to max his health , his armor and magica all at the same time while having infinte resources. All the other utility your upset about is crucial for PVE grouping. the ultimate problem needs to be addressed, and magica capped for DK's in light armor if they choose not to address the massive imbalance with stamina/health VS magica. With out all the things your pissed about he class wouldnt have any abilities . there are 3 abilites that do DD in all of the 3 trees.
    Options
  • vicNBitis
    vicNBitis
    ✭✭✭
    Admittedly I don't frequent the Armor sub-forum very often but I'm guessing there are countless threads about the light armor problem. Oh wait, no, there aren't. It's only in this sub-forum from DKs trying to derail discussions about their OP class. If you sincerely think the problem is light armor(exclusively so) then start a thread over there. I'm sure a lot of us would sign on since we agree but not when you do it here in defense of DKs.
    Options
  • Napkins
    Napkins

"low cost" "spammable" yep you clearly have never played a dk. But I agree that standard of might is op as hell. There is zero reason to use any other ultimate atm. That's the first sign of a problem.
    Options
  • vicNBitis
    vicNBitis
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed. Blood isn't very spammable but thankfully with Talons and AOE you never have(had? maybe?) to worry about melee hits which means usually you should only have to cast it once or twice.
    Options
  • Napkins
    Napkins

Take away light armor form the DK its plain and simple he will cast those pesky utility spells 2 or three times and be. tapped would you support them removing all that and actually giving us some single target DPS so we can one shot too?Or just f it the DK just needs a couple of flame spells. i say remove the ability for DK's to run Spiked armor with unlimited magica, make it a toggle that caps there magica to a 30% reduction similar to Sorcs penalty for running pets. Also i was one shotted by a NB with a two hander from stealth in heavy armor . shouldny i get some sneak attack immunity in heavy? . are you mad you cant stand toe to toe with a primarily tank class that has high survivability? the problem is a DK should not be able to max his health , his armor and magica all at the same time while having infinte resources. All the other utility your upset about is crucial for PVE grouping. the ultimate problem needs to be addressed, and magica capped for DK's in light armor if they choose not to address the massive imbalance with stamina/health VS magica. With out all the things your pissed about he class wouldnt have any abilities . there are 3 abilites that do DD in all of the 3 trees.

I would like to point out that any class can use ONE defensive ability and easily hit the armor/resistance OC. Doesn't matter what combo armor you're using.

Options
  • Maverick827
    Maverick827
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vicNBitis wrote: »
    Agreed. Blood isn't very spammable but thankfully with Talons and AOE you never have(had? maybe?) to worry about melee hits which means usually you should only have to cast it once or twice.
    Talons is just as expensive as Blood.
    Options
  • Wifeaggro13
    Wifeaggro13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Admittedly I don't frequent the Armor sub-forum very often but I'm guessing there are countless threads about the light armor problem. Oh wait, no, there aren't. It's only in this sub-forum from DKs trying to derail discussions about their OP class. If you sincerely think the problem is light armor(exclusively so) then start a thread over there. I'm sure a lot of us would sign on since we agree but not when you do it here in defense of DKs.

Here Vc your completely clueless. all you know is DK is OP and no clue why. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wlvHyYjrkM it explains magica soft caps pretty friggin well .
    And here this is another one about mitigation in cloth and heavy. you can clearly see mitigation in cloth comapred to heavy . the benefit does not wiegh out for heavy armor at all. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wlvHyYjrkM
    And if your really bored watch this Vc go role a DK and only wear heavy armor in pvp and pve and then come back and tell us how Over powered they are. and while your at it try to make a purely stamina based DK. Sure Dk ' needs adjustment and they need some reduction but your going on like you want the class removed .
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGOwZHb4sXY and here lets look at light armor's affect on criticals and light armor values increase on them. And i did post it all this info i just posted has been posted before. Please tell me what a DK should be Vc because it's obvious by your tone and venom you clearly want the class removed or gutted.you have asked for everything to be changed or removed aside form dragon leap, firery breath, molten armaments , lava whip and unstoppable flame.
    Edited by Wifeaggro13 on May 22, 2014 10:43PM
    Options
  • Wifeaggro13
    Wifeaggro13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Napkins wrote: »

I would like to point out that any class can use ONE defensive ability and easily hit the armor/resistance OC. Doesn't matter what combo armor you're using.

Agreed but if your already at Armor cap with heavy . does spiked armor really benefit you at all ?. i agree and class can hit the cap with guild abilities with out any class stuff.Dk needs adjustment but this Vc is going on and on and on about every god damn ability the class has. and all of it is group firendly . he wants the class gutted to literally 3 abilities fire breat Flame lash , and molten armaments. i suspect he is gonna lobby for our Dot to be removed as well.
    Options
  • Wifeaggro13
    Wifeaggro13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    /10 cheap forums
    Edited by Wifeaggro13 on May 22, 2014 10:26PM
    Options
  • vicNBitis
    vicNBitis
    ✭✭✭

Good thing about spamming(remember, Mav, every 4 seconds?) Talons is you shouldn't have to spam much else and definitely not a heal if you're just doing bosses and public dungeons.

Hopefully that's changed now.
    Options
  • vicNBitis
    vicNBitis
    ✭✭✭
    No thanks, Wifeaggro. I already "roled" one DK and have no intention of doing another.

And as I've said before to you, that DK leveled just fine NEVER paying attention to armors or set bonuses or spending attributes or skill points or, well, anything really. I ended up with 4L/3H or 3L/4H. DK was just so ridiculously OP that nothing mattered after class selection.

But I did switch him to all lights and posted that you were right about the issues with light armor. Did you read that? YOU ARE RIGHT ABOUT LIGHT ARMOR. You're just dead wrong about DKs. Stop trying to conflate things and make it just about the armor.
    Options
  • Maverick827
    Maverick827
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Good thing about spamming(remember, Mav, every 4 seconds?) Talons is you shouldn't have to spam much else and definitely not a heal if you're just doing bosses and public dungeons.

Yeah, because before you could kill things with just Talons. That totally happened and isn't a figment of your imagination.
    Options
  • vicNBitis
    vicNBitis
    ✭✭✭

Yeah, because before you could kill things with just Talons. That totally happened and isn't a figment of your imagination.

Maybe you missed the "much else" part. I've bolded it for you. Just FYI that was referring to Impulse.

Glad to be of service.
    Options
  • Wifeaggro13
    Wifeaggro13
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No thanks, Wifeaggro. I already "roled" one DK and have no intention of doing another.

And as I've said before to you, that DK leveled just fine NEVER paying attention to armors or set bonuses or spending attributes or skill points or, well, anything really. I ended up with 4L/3H or 3L/4H. DK was just so ridiculously OP that nothing mattered after class selection.

But I did switch him to all lights and posted that you were right about the issues with light armor. Did you read that? YOU ARE RIGHT ABOUT LIGHT ARMOR. You're just dead wrong about DKs. Stop trying to conflate things and make it just about the armor.
    then you obvioulsy didnt read my post about DK's need adjustments for sure. Please go make a video of you on your DK in 4 /h 3 /L soloing world bosses VR dungeons . The other factor people are missing with these videos is there is player skill involved with what he is doing . not like he is standing in mechanics and eating all the damage. the guy is good.
    out of curiosity why no hate about templars pulliing 1.4 k ST dPS while being able to heal?
    Edited by Wifeaggro13 on May 22, 2014 11:59PM
    Options
  • vicNBitis
    vicNBitis
    ✭✭✭
    then you obvioulsy didnt read my post about DK's need adjustments for sure. Please go make a video of you on your DK in 4 /h 3 /L soloing world bosses VR dungeons . The other factor people are missing with these videos is there is player skill involved with what he is doing . not like he is standing in mechanics and eating all the damage. the guy is good.
    out of curiosity why no hate about templars pulliing 1.4 k ST dPS while being able to heal?

I think the problem here is that you're assuming your bugaboo is everyone else's as well. I don't care about the absurd extremes and videos you post. There will always be minmaxers pushing the boundaries and doing things non-minmaxers will never do. Elitist Jerks(haha, j/k...are they in ESO yet?) will always do their thing. I'm talking about the things DKs could do that you(I!) fall asswards in. That take no minmaxing or effort at all. Like Talons.

Honestly, you never once popped Talons and realized "Hey, this guy can't touch me! Seriously?!" That never happened? If it never did then just put yourself in the place of the non-DKs. You're an NB. Maybe a Euro player trying to make it work with 200ms lag(heart goes out to you people, really) and just can't kill the quest mob or boss. While you're waiting to respawn a DK rolls up, pops Talons, and Whip spams the boss to death in 12 seconds never getting touched. You want to try again? Keep plugging away at it? Didn't think so.

I have no opinion on Templars as I've never played one. If Zenimax ever makes it so mules aren't necessary I might try it out. I'm not giving up any of my 4 NBs though.
    Options