The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ESO is Making a Mistake by Not Addressing the Bot Issue

• Reignskream
    Reignskream
    ✭✭✭✭
    mutharex wrote: »
    I've seen small amounts of gold spam in the lower areas, but nothing that is unbearable. i am at khens roost on AD, and i maybe ignore a gold seller or 2 a day. People need to take some xanax or something.

I have the feeling that this hysterical
    Silverose0 wrote: »

Um no its common sense, I just finish in khens roost, & thats about tops of how many gold sellers i dealt with for a day. I was saying it didn't even bug me at all, and basically why people make a big deal about it i dont know.

If you find that funny then you need to learn to comprehend engrish.
  • Blade_07
    Blade_07
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bots are a common and constant problem that will never go away. Its annoying but a problem we will have to tolerate to a certain extent sadly. :\
    “Man can live about forty days without food, about three days without water, about eight minutes without air, but only for one second without hope.”

• NordJitsu
    NordJitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dude....

They are doing so much to combat this. They've talked about it in public statements, in interviews, ect.

You can see GMs in game bot bashing.

Watch this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bJjCarqjH0
    Edited by NordJitsu on May 22, 2014 3:45PM
    @NordJitsu - Guild Master (Main Character = Hlaalu Idas)
    GREAT HOUSE HLAALU
  • denicolad16_ESO
    The only way to stop the bots/gold seller is for the people to stop buying gold from them. Otherwise, it's a part of the game we have no other choice but to live with. I only think that the bots are really the worst in the starting zones because I have noticed that as I've progressed they go away. Also, for anyone to say they aren't doing anything, is wrong. I remember when the zone chat was filled with almost nothing but gold selling spam. Now, it's very seldom. People need to quit crying about it anyway this topic is old and outdated. Let the devs do what they are doing which I think is a pretty good job.
  • RianaTheBosmer
    RianaTheBosmer
    ✭✭✭
    i was in gw2 this morning-guess what i saw? wall to wall gold seller ads.

I one click reported every one. (That's an improvement Zos should get on right away.)

This is a long, neverending conflict between devs and rmthieves.

I do not concede to them.

SWTOR has a right click report function too. ZOS needs it desperately.

I agree with Silverose though, SWTOR has spamming gold seller but I haven't seen bots gathering anything in a long, long time. When they first started, there were bots everywhere. They have pretty much combated that and they also have security on accounts which is excellent.

ZOS needs help. Hopefully in around 6 months, you'll see a great majority of the bots gone.
    Edited by RianaTheBosmer on May 22, 2014 3:52PM
  • j.frank.nicholsb14_ESO
    Endurance wrote: »
    either they address the exploits and cheats, or they focus on patching in content.. im very sure they cant do both at the same time while im very sure everyone would complain about not having one or the other done

[sarcasm]
    There seems to be more and more evidence that you are right, I have read several posts here that ZOS can only work on one thing at a time, so it must be true that there is only one Dev working on EOS, and she can not focus on more than one thing at a time...

[/sarcasm]

• Silverose0
    Silverose0
    Soul Shriven
    The only way to stop the bots/gold seller is for the people to stop buying gold from them. Otherwise, it's a part of the game we have no other choice but to live with.

The real solution to the bots is to have a culture in which it is not acceptable to purchase gold. Remove the market and the bots will vanish.

Isn't there an MMO that has succeeded in doing this? Final Fantasy perhaps?

• nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

WoW doesn't have a bot problem of the same magnitude as ESO. The bots don't impact game play in the same way. In ESO, there are places where bot trains continually kill all the quest NPCs so you can't finish your quests. Bots farm the resource drops so you can't get enough material to craft, and crafting items is a large part of ESO (which I like, by the way.) Bots don't ruin WoW in the same way that they ruin ESO.

I agree that the impact to ESO's image would be negative if they posted that they had "beaten the bot issue" then a new generation of bots sprang up a week later. Having some measure of progress being made would have a positive impact on people's perception of the game.

Oh, but it really does. Here's why you think it doesn't:

-There are very few benefits from killing mobs in WoW, hence the lack of bots killing things.
    -Bots that farm tend to not let you see them, either by tunneling, flying or some other genius exploit.
    -WoW isn't on a megaserver system.
    -You've gotten used to bot behavior in WoW, so your brain is more likely to notice ESO bots due to their new behavior.
    -Or, of course, you could have just been ignoring the issue for the past decade.
    ----
    Murray?
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm too busy fighting the UI to ban gold spammers..
  • Silverose0
    Silverose0
    Soul Shriven

Oh, but it really does. Here's why you think it doesn't:

-There are very few benefits from killing mobs in WoW, hence the lack of bots killing things.
    -Bots that farm tend to not let you see them, either by tunneling, flying or some other genius exploit.
    -WoW isn't on a megaserver system.

There may be as many bots in WoW as in ESO, but they don't impact gameplay in the same way, perhaps because of the game differences you mention. The bots in WoW don't impact gameplay in the same way as the bots in ESO. As a player, I care about how my gameplay is impacted, not about actual number of bots. My gameplay is affected by bots much more in ESO than in WoW, mainly because bot trains kill the quest NPCs and take all of the resources.

I don't believe that WoW has flying, tunneling bots like ESO has. People are saying that ESO has a unique trusted client architecture. The client calculates the character location and sends it to the server. That allows (illegal) third-party software to intercept coordinates and move bots to illegal locations, such as underground. That's why resource nodes sometimes vanish just as you are about to harvest them. I don't know if this is fact, but it would explain what we are seeing.
  • mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've seen small amounts of gold spam in the lower areas, but nothing that is unbearable. i am at khens roost on AD, and i maybe ignore a gold seller or 2 a day. People need to take some xanax or something.

Um no its common sense, I just finish in khens roost, & thats about tops of how many gold sellers i dealt with for a day. I was saying it didn't even bug me at all, and basically why people make a big deal about it i dont know.

LOL that was a *** draft that I chose not to post, but it went on like this "I just think this hysterical rage vs bots it's only just an excuse to bash on TESO"

dunno how it got posted
  • Reignskream
    Reignskream
    ✭✭✭✭

LOL that was a *** draft that I chose not to post, but it went on like this "I just think this hysterical rage vs bots it's only just an excuse to bash on TESO"

dunno how it got posted

lmao
  • mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i was in gw2 this morning-guess what i saw? wall to wall gold seller ads.

I one click reported every one. (That's an improvement Zos should get on right away.)

This is a long, neverending conflict between devs and rmthieves.

I do not concede to them.

SWTOR has a right click report function too. ZOS needs it desperately.

I agree with Silverose though, SWTOR has spamming gold seller but I haven't seen bots gathering anything in a long, long time. When they first started, there were bots everywhere. They have pretty much combated that and they also have security on accounts which is excellent.

ZOS needs help. Hopefully in around 6 months, you'll see a great majority of the bots gone.

Yeah but SWTOR is what? Almost 2 years old now?
    TESO isn't even 2 months old
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There may be as many bots in WoW as in ESO, but they don't impact gameplay in the same way, perhaps because of the game differences you mention. The bots in WoW don't impact gameplay in the same way as the bots in ESO. As a player, I care about how my gameplay is impacted, not about actual number of bots. My gameplay is affected by bots much more in ESO than in WoW, mainly because bot trains kill the quest NPCs and take all of the resources.

I don't believe that WoW has flying, tunneling bots like ESO has. People are saying that ESO has a unique trusted client architecture. The client calculates the character location and sends it to the server. That allows (illegal) third-party software to intercept coordinates and move bots to illegal locations, such as underground. That's why resource nodes sometimes vanish just as you are about to harvest them. I don't know if this is fact, but it would explain what we are seeing.

They sure do impact gameplay in a significant way, unless you think that compromised accounts and economic exploitation don't hurt the game. Or you could just go to the WoW CS forums and see how little impact they think the bots have.

Oh, and I don't believe in gravity, but fortunately for the world, gravity doesn't stop existing because I refuse to acknowledge its existence. Tunneling resource farmers have been a pervasive issue in WoW for years.
    ----
    Murray?
  • Xilc
    Xilc
    ✭✭✭
    They'll have to confront the problem soon, or this game will end up like Aion... or worse, runescape...

Macros_woodcutting.gif
  • Reignskream
    Reignskream
    ✭✭✭✭
    Xilc wrote: »
    They'll have to confront the problem soon, or this game will end up like Aion... or worse, runescape...

Macros_woodcutting.gif

Confront the bots they're already dealing with, eh?