The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

ESO pvp is GREAT.. (Read more to find out why)

jvargas150_ESO
After creating so many threads suggesting improvements or pointing out things we dislike to the pvp in ESO, figure it was only right to try to highlight some of the great things about ESO pvp..

Lets try to keep adding to the list below, feel free to chime in and I'll update the post if we get enough traction.. I'll start...

1) You can pvp non-stop for hours if you choose to without having to wait for an annoying que time...

2) You can form group parties sizes that are unheard of in other modern day mmos.

3) Army vs Army pvp... I've never seen such large fights go on that are actually pretty intense.

4) Positioning REALLY matters, many of the real world war tactics actually translate to in game success... (The Art of War ftw..)

5) The ability to go from range to melee with a click of a button (wep swap) or from healer to dps etc.. No other game that I've played offers a role switch in actual pvp conditions.

6)
I like the mechanics of the combat. Dodging and blocking being player controlled and not a stat.

7)
NordJitsu wrote: »
The combat itself is amazing.

Tactics and organization matter (though I worry AoE caps are eroding this.)

The zone is beautiful.

I could go on.

8.)
thelg wrote: »
The everyone can stealth mechanic is absolutely awesome.

9.)
JosephChip wrote: »
It's an open world war where you can assume any role you want. From being the lone ranger to the frontline soldier, passing through the group support. Virtually any kind of PvP experience can be had in Cyrodiil. Strategy, tactics, coordination, positioning, morale all play a huge part. It is an environment that can give life to any form of amazing circumnstance and escalate into full blown epic battles. Where adventuring is as much fun as doing your part for your Alliance. This kind of PvP also greatly promotes cooperation, socialization and development of a loyal/brotherly sentiment. And the best part is that we can expect it to improve with time.
Edited by jvargas150_ESO on May 23, 2014 4:02PM
  • jvargas150_ESO
    Sad no one can come up with reasons why this game pvp is great..

Was expecting someone to say because its fun at least lol..
    Options
  • JoseDelgadoCub17_ESO
    JoseDelgadoCub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like the mechanics of the combat. Dodging and blocking being player controlled and not a stat.
    Options
  • YuccaPalm
    YuccaPalm
    ✭✭✭
    Yup you can PvP non stop unless u dont get the infinite loading screen bug. Im riding more around or doing PvWall instead of fighting actual players of my lvl. Most of the time i cant even do PvP because the most crowded campagn on eu ist pretty much empty in the middle of the night.
    Options
  • apterous
    apterous
    ✭✭✭
    can't pvp nonstop in low pop campaign where your alliance owns everything and enemy rarely does anything.
    Options
  • smercgames_ESO
    smercgames_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    apterous wrote: »
    can't pvp nonstop in low pop campaign where your alliance owns everything and enemy rarely does anything.

Because you can't guest another high pop campaign, swap campaigns or join someone who can port you into another campaign right?
    Options
  • NordJitsu
    NordJitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The combat itself is amazing.

Tactics and organization matter (though I worry AoE caps are eroding this.)

The zone is beautiful.

I could go on.
    @NordJitsu - Guild Master (Main Character = Hlaalu Idas)
    GREAT HOUSE HLAALU
    Options
  • gud
    gud
    Soul Shriven
    I've been having fun. I'm a casual player, generally run a few quests a day after work in PvE. Then I'll head to AvA and run a scout quest or something. If we're hitting a keep or defending it, I'll head that way, maybe toss a heal out or get wiped(level 34).

It's accessible, the zone is fantastic, personal tactics matter.

Good hunting out there.
    Gudda, Templar, EP NA - Chillrend
    Options
  • thelg
    thelg
    ✭✭✭
    The everyone can stealth mechanic is absolutely awesome.
    Options
  • JosephChip
    JosephChip
    ✭✭✭
    It's an open world war where you can assume any role you want. From being the lone ranger to the frontline soldier, passing through the group support. Virtually any kind of PvP experience can be had in Cyrodiil. Strategy, tactics, coordination, positioning, morale all play a huge part. It is an environment that can give life to any form of amazing circumnstance and escalate into full blown epic battles. Where adventuring is as much fun as doing your part for your Alliance. This kind of PvP also greatly promotes cooperation, socialization and development of a loyal/brotherly sentiment. And the best part is that we can expect it to improve with time.
    Options