Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

After Reaper's March...?

jesterstear
jesterstear
✭✭✭
I was a couple of levels higher than the quests all the way through this zone, but now I can't find any more and am 45.5. The next zone appears to be Coldharbour, but the starting quests are 47. I've done all the main story quests up to this point.

I'm missing one quest from Malabel Tor to get the deed, two dungeons, and still a couple in Reaper's I think - will need to find an onlne quest guide and go through the zone with a fine toothcomb to find ones I missed.

But the jump is so big - from 43/44 Reaper's end quests to 47 Coldharbour starting quests, it's like I missed a small PVE zone out entirely?
  • Tabia
    Tabia
    i think i had just hit 47 when i went to coldharbour a few days ago, mobs are 42 - 43.
    Options
  • Rhoric
    Rhoric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually you will be fine in coldharbour. Quests start at lvl 44 there. If you go to http://dulfy.net/2014/03/30/eso-quests-guide/ you will see quests that are level 44
    Options
  • ZoM_Head
    ZoM_Head
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tabia wrote: »
    i think i had just hit 47 when i went to coldharbour a few days ago, mobs are 42 - 43.

I believe so yes, final enemies are level 50 (not veteran). Should be fine...unless you plan on solo running 3-4 level 50 world bosses :D
    Edited by ZoM_Head on May 28, 2014 10:14AM
    mDKs still need a lot of love!
    Options
  • jesterstear
    jesterstear
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah thanks all. Got all the level 41-44 dungeons finished, did all of the Coldharbour solo quests except for the buggy "Endless war" one, gave up after restarting 3 times and being unable to plant seeds. Advanced north across the chasm and was 49.5.... so I never got to explore the shipwreck or dunmer village sidequests. Hit VR1 before entering the labrynth, so I guess it's pointless doing any more normal quests (only vet stuff) right?

There weren't that many quests in Coldharbour, but both quest and mob xp were far more generous than i'd gotten used to. It was also the easiest zone i'd levelled in, thanks to the effectiveness of fighter guild skills versus the opponents you find there.
    Options
  • crislevin
    crislevin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Normal quests still give your veteran point just like experience point, so you should do them even after reaching veteran level.

In fact, it's better if you left quests in normal zones and come back to finish it after reaching veteran level. Since you can grind mobs to reach veteran level in normal zones, and save these quest experience for veteran leveling.
    Options
  • jesterstear
    jesterstear
    ✭✭✭
    crislevin wrote: »
    Normal quests still give your veteran point just like experience point, so you should do them even after reaching veteran level.

In fact, it's better if you left quests in normal zones and come back to finish it after reaching veteran level. Since you can grind mobs to reach veteran level in normal zones, and save these quest experience for veteran leveling.

I just thought they no longer counted, since after hitting VR1 midway through the quest line to cross the great chasm and destroy the planar vortex , the xp bar didn't move upwards at all when completing the final parts of that chain.
    Options
  • jesterstear
    jesterstear
    ✭✭✭
    OK, I think I got a handle on how this works.

Prior to hitting level 50 -

Get XP from Normal mobs and Normal Quests

After hitting 50, but before defeating Molag Bal and activating Meridia Crystal from Cadwell to send you to a veteran zone -

No XP for anything. Don't complete quests now if you can possibly help it, as you're throwing away potential XP.

After activating Cadwell's Crystal -

XP from Veteran Quests and mobs

XP from normal quests

No XP from normal mobs though

Options
  • Whisper292
    Whisper292
    ✭✭✭
    I hit Coldharbour at lvl 44 and haven't had much trouble completing lvl 46 quests. Most of the quests say the levels are higher, but the difficulty doesn't seem to be on par with that.
    ---
    Love all, trust few, do wrong to no one. - William Shakespeare
    Options