The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

PC-EU players affected by account lockdown

Bjergenen
Bjergenen
✭✭✭
This must be some kind of joke, right?
Ok, as PC-EU player i will be locked until (worst case scenario) friday? or sunday? so:

- ATM i missed 2 days of event (will be 4 maybe 6 days of event):
• so only 6 tickets returned by extended event (missed another 6 tickets)
• no way i will get event mount
• no way i will get enough to get prepared into next event with fragments for non-combat pet and personality
• a lot of lost gold/purple event boxes
- additionally i will miss all that Seals of Endeavour because only PC-NA will get them? And only 200 out of probably 300-500 until end of the week.
- and probably much more i cant think now like all that dailies, trials, pledges and so on i would be able to do with friends.

WE REALLY NEED SOME MORE SPECIFICATIONS FOR PC-EU PLAYERS @ZOS_GinaBruno!
What do you mean by ESO game code? totally new account without anything to do almost nothing?

I really hope we will be back today :( I really wonder about chargebacking all my recent purchases and just get over with this game. Especially after now years of not getting any direct messages to many of players complains/questions. Its hard to not be angry after hearing how "you dropped the ball" and "you will be better" then silence and no specifics.
Edited by ZOS_Icy on 23 April 2024 10:49
  • Ezhh
    Ezhh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also an EU player who is caught up in this.

We really need more info on how we will recover things we are losing.

As it stands I have zero belief that anything provided will be fair (there is no way anything is happening to make up for the 100+ boxes I was farming each day), but we don't even have confirmation that the obvious things (like the event achievement pieces) will be sorted out for us...
    Edited by Ezhh on 17 April 2024 16:29
    Options
  • xclassgaming
    xclassgaming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ezhh wrote: »

We really need more info and how we will recover things we are losing.

As it stands I have zero belief that anything provided will be fair (there is no way anything is happening to make up for the 100+ boxes I was farming each day), but we don't even have confirmation that the obvious things (like the event achievement pieces) will be sorted out for us...

i know for a fact they wont give us any purple boxes, thats a battle thats already lost, i just want my event tickets, endevours and daily rewards
    Give us clannfear mounts!
    Options
  • Bjergenen
    Bjergenen
    ✭✭✭
    oh and i almost forgot, what about 2-6 days of ESO+? do i will get this back as extended subscription, i dont have any problem when its missed by maintenance as its for the good of the game and everyone is equally experienced but we are punished by ZOS QA team?
    Options
  • Ezhh
    Ezhh
    ✭✭✭✭✭

i know for a fact they wont give us any purple boxes, thats a battle thats already lost, i just want my event tickets, endevours and daily rewards

I don't expect them to. It would be unmanageable and unfair all round, since there is likely no record of what different people averaged each day, and that would be the only fair way to work out how many to compensate someone with. I've already accepted I will be millions of gold worth of things down on event items, but I do NOT want to lose the mount achievement, endeavors and so on.
    Options
  • Bjergenen
    Bjergenen
    ✭✭✭

I don't expect them to. It would be unmanageable and unfair all round, since there is likely no record of what different people averaged each day, and that would be the only fair way to work out how many to compensate someone with. I've already accepted I will be millions of gold worth of things down on event items, but I do NOT want to lose the mount achievement, endeavors and so on.

yup only fair thing would be some to get something really unique which is worth all this lost playtime and @ZOS_GinaBruno its dont mean Non-combat pet you wouldnt sell in crown store or 2-5 exp scrolls! (for sure they should extend ESO+ subscription for all affected)
    Options
  • CoolBlast3
    CoolBlast3
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was not affected by the account locks but it's insane EU players aren't receiving equal compensation considering they also got locked out..
    Options
  • Vicquemare
    Vicquemare
    ✭✭
    Why is it so hard for them to give us exactly what we missed? X tickets, x endeavours, x mount pieces and x login rewards for the amount of days we lost at the very least. I'm not getting my hopes high for the missed loot from the boxes or compensation for ESO+ subscribers. Two days of event extension isn't enough, it's the second day already, and people will have to wait 'till the end of the week, so that's 3-6 days. Also it would make more sense to do maintenance during the week and not on the weekend when, you know, more people are playing the game. And 200 endeavours for NA, what about EU?? We lost 170 yesterday and 100 today and who knows how many more and we are not getting anything?

We do not want anything unreasonable, we simply want fair compensation for what we missed because of their mistake. That's not the way to treat your playerbase during your 10th anniversary, you can do better than this.
    Edited by Vicquemare on 17 April 2024 18:18
    Options
  • xclassgaming
    xclassgaming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CoolBlast3 wrote: »
    I was not affected by the account locks but it's insane EU players aren't receiving equal compensation considering they also got locked out..

its another kick in the teeth, it didnt even happen in OUR SERVER, IT WAS NA!
    Give us clannfear mounts!
    Options
  • metheglyn
    metheglyn
    ✭✭✭✭
    CoolBlast3 wrote: »

The way I read it, the 200 seals of endeavor for the NA server isn't meant to be compensation for the locked out accounts; it's compensation for the hours the NA server was down during most of prime-time playing. Many people were unable to get those endeavors that day, not just the people affected by the PTS issue.
    Options
  • Veesk
    Veesk
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bjergenen wrote: »
    Ok, as PC-EU player i will be locked until (worst case scenario) friday? or sunday? so:

• no way i will get enough to get prepared into next event with fragments for non-combat pet and personality
    - additionally i will miss all that Seals of Endeavour because only PC-NA will get them? And only 200 out of probably 300-500 until end of the week.
    - and probably much more i cant think now like all that dailies, trials, pledges and so on i would be able to do with friends.

What do you mean by ESO game code? totally new account without anything to do almost nothing?

I really hope we will be back today :( I really wonder about chargebacking all my recent purchases and just get over with this game. Especially after now years of not getting any direct messages to many of players complains/questions. Its hard to not be angry after hearing how "you dropped the ball" and "you will be better" then silence and no specifics.

Look, I'm also currently locked out of my account and really frustrated about it because of missing out of the event and all the big endeavor rewards but this feels like a really disingenuous take on the situation.

The 200 seals are for NA who was taken down with the PTS (most likely to make up for anyone not locked out who missed the big daily endeavor due to server disruptions) - this isn't about our accounts that have been locked out.

Gina already said that locked accounts will be compensated somehow - they are still figuring things out.

"To that end, for anyone whose accounts have been affected by this issue and are currently locked or being rolled back, we will be emailing you an ESO game code so you can play ESO (either on the Live servers or the PTS) while you wait for your main account. Please note that this is not in any way intended to replace your current account, and we are continuing to work around the clock to restore all affected accounts. We are also discussing some additional in-game items we’d like to send to those that have their accounts locked, which we will share very soon."

"The game code and event extension is not the only thing we plan to do to make things right for those with locked accounts. We hope to share these details in the next day or so."

Generating outrage doesn't help anyone, as frustrating as this is, they are handling it and we don't have details until they give them but they have heard all of us. I am right there with you and everyone else who wants all the missed tickets, endeavors, etc and hopefully they will deliver but they also haven't stated yet what all the locked accounts will be getting. That includes EU or anyone affected, including NA.
    Options
  • Luke_Flamesword
    Luke_Flamesword
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah, but why they just say something "don't worry, you will get any missing Endavours and even more things"? is this is really need any discussion for days? It should be first on first day, but realisty is that after 2 days we still speculating things. It's just really bad.
    PC | EU | DC |Stam Dk Breton
    Options
  • Bjergenen
    Bjergenen
    ✭✭✭
    Veesk wrote: »
    Bjergenen wrote: »

Look, I'm also currently locked out of my account and really frustrated about it because of missing out of the event and all the big endeavor rewards but this feels like a really disingenuous take on the situation.

The 200 seals are for NA who was taken down with the PTS (most likely to make up for anyone not locked out who missed the big daily endeavor due to server disruptions) - this isn't about our accounts that have been locked out.

Gina already said that locked accounts will be compensated somehow - they are still figuring things out.

"To that end, for anyone whose accounts have been affected by this issue and are currently locked or being rolled back, we will be emailing you an ESO game code so you can play ESO (either on the Live servers or the PTS) while you wait for your main account. Please note that this is not in any way intended to replace your current account, and we are continuing to work around the clock to restore all affected accounts. We are also discussing some additional in-game items we’d like to send to those that have their accounts locked, which we will share very soon."

"The game code and event extension is not the only thing we plan to do to make things right for those with locked accounts. We hope to share these details in the next day or so."

Generating outrage doesn't help anyone, as frustrating as this is, they are handling it and we don't have details until they give them but they have heard all of us. I am right there with you and everyone else who wants all the missed tickets, endeavors, etc and hopefully they will deliver but they also haven't stated yet what all the locked accounts will be getting. That includes EU or anyone affected, including NA.

you're right but we need to make some noise about this. ZOS NEED to change its stance when dealing with community, it fells like they just dont want to talk with us and they only like to give generic replies in theirs dev safe zones
    Edited by Bjergenen on 17 April 2024 16:59
    Options
  • Veesk
    Veesk
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, but why they just say something "don't worry, you will get any missing Endavours and even more things"? is this is really need any discussion for days? It should be first on first day, but realisty is that after 2 days we still speculating things. It's just really bad.

I wish they would just outright say that to us too, I get it, but what has been posted is not Gina or ZOS saying they aren't going to compensate EU players who have been locked out any different than NA players.
    Options
  • Gaebriel0410
    Gaebriel0410
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wasn't affected by any of this, but sadly a few people in my community were.

The most fair thing to do imo is compensate the locked accounts with the exact time limited things they missed, the extra seals but most notably the daily confetti so they will have an equal chance as the rest of us to get the anniversary mount.

I would be the last one to demand compensation for server downtimes as those things can happen, but in this case it does not come across as really fair towards EU players. Especially when considering how the EU servers have a long and distinguished history of downtime at peak hours without receiving any compensation for it. Like I said, compensation is not something I'd ever expect, but if you are gonna do it, then it should be done equally for both servers.

Options
  • hiyde
    hiyde
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, to recap:

ALL players on PC-NA & PC-EU are getting 2 extra days of the event plus 200 seals. This is to address the PC-NA downtime.

Everyone who's had their accounts locked is getting a free ESO sub code that will allow them to play on PTS (which, as we know, includes templates that make the chartacters endgame, wealthy & powerful) or log on to PC-NA/PC-EU with a fresh account (if they want to socialize with friends/guildies). There were people who were specifically upset that they couldn't log into PTS. This is the best solution they can give right now (and 100% risk free, I might add).

Everyone who's had their accounts locked will be getting additional compensation that they are still deciding on.

These are all excellent steps on the part of ZOS, and the knee-jerk reaction (by some) to pound them into the ground for it is mystifying. They made a mistake. They've apologized profusely. They are taking steps to make good as best they can. Can we at least acknowldge that? Can we at least put the pitchforks down until we know the full compensation these folks will be getting? Like many, I hope it's above & beyond.
    Edited by hiyde on 17 April 2024 17:05
    @Hiyde GM/Founder - Bleakrock Barter Co (Trade Guild - PC/NA) | Blackbriar Barter Co (Trade Guild-PC/NA)
    Options
  • Vicquemare
    Vicquemare
    ✭✭

Yeah, this. Communication is the problem. I get that there is an internal pipeline and I don't blame the community managers for anything. But the lack of clearer communication from the higher ups creates a room for speculation, mostly negative, and people are getting frustrated and nervous. This isn't the first time something like this happens, and it needs to be improved.
    Edited by Vicquemare on 17 April 2024 17:08
    Options
  • licenturion
    licenturion
    ✭✭✭
    Same.

So far this anniversary will go down as biggest letdown in ESO history.

EU player here too.
    - for some reason we don’t get the endeavours, only NA. Unfair
    - the event gets extended so we can get extra tickets. Unfair cause everybody else gets even more tickets and rewards
    - An ESO code. Yay pretty useless. Zero DLC, a level 1 character and everything locked. Amazing…
    - I am on holiday next week so the extension does nothing for me
    - Waiting from Monday night until probably Friday until things get fixed, while they originally said 2 to 3 days.

What they should have done is credited all the fixed missed items to our account without playing for it next week and extended the event and throw in some extra goodies like crowns or a month of ESO+ to make up for it.

If I didn’t have good road pre ordered I don’t think I would log on anymore this year tbh after this fiasco. I will always remember the 10th anniversary of ESO as the worst week I ever spend with the game. Well done! /end of drama
    Options
  • hiyde
    hiyde
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Or, maybe they should get the frozen accounts fixed and then scale the compensation based on how long it took?
    @Hiyde GM/Founder - Bleakrock Barter Co (Trade Guild - PC/NA) | Blackbriar Barter Co (Trade Guild-PC/NA)
    Options
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    EU player here too.

EU wasn't shut down for 8 hours covering primetime on a day when there was an endeavor offering 200 seals.
    Options
  • hiyde
    hiyde
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same.

So far this anniversary will go down as biggest letdown in ESO history.

EU player here too.

This was compensation for the PC-NA 9 hour downtime. (edit: originally I thought this included EU, it doesn't)
    - the event gets extended so we can get extra tickets. Unfair cause everybody else gets even more tickets and rewards

Again, this is compensation for PC-NA downtime. EU will ALSO get this (despite not having any downtime). Good gesture.

- An ESO code. Yay pretty useless. Zero DLC, a level 1 character and everything locked. Amazing…
    This is simply a way for them to access PTS (fully leveled), which is the thing they were doing that got them into this situation. They can also log into their server to socialize if they wish. It's a small gesture while they work as fast as they can to fix locked accounts.
    - I am on holiday next week so the extension does nothing for me
    - Waiting from Monday night until probably Friday until things get fixed, while they originally said 2 to 3 days.
    What they should have done is credited all the fixed missed items to our account without playing for it next week and extended the event and throw in some extra goodies like crowns or a month of ESO+ to make up for it.

They could extend the event for the next 10 years and all PC-NA players will have had 9 less hours to farm the event and everyone with locked accounts will still be (?) days behind the rest of us. The 2 Day extension is compensation for the PC-NA downtime. it's more than enough for that purpose.

What really really matters here is what they do for those with locked accounts. We don't know yet but if it sucks, there's a lot of players who will have their backs. These were volunteer testers. I sense ZOS knows this and will act accordingly, but none of us know yet and likely won't until this is closer to resolution.
    Edited by hiyde on 17 April 2024 17:35
    Options
  • Unified_Gaming
    Unified_Gaming
    ✭✭✭✭
    hiyde wrote: »
    So, to recap:

ALL players on PC-NA & PC-EU are getting 2 extra days of the event plus 200 seals. This is to address the PC-NA downtime.

Meanwhile people have been locked out for nearly 2 days so they will likely miss out more than the extension. Further to that, they miss out on writs, event boxes / tickets, dailies etc. The other issue it that the 200 seals are for PC NA only yet PC EU players are still locked out and miss this too. I get the 200 is to offset the downtime NA players had but those PC EU players who are locked still have it and miss out the endeavours from the daily rewards.
    Unified Gaming - creating a shared and Unified Gaming community.

For some of the best and most up to date PVP builds around or useful tips and tricks from an experienced player for PvP and PvE, then check out my channel and consider subscribing if you want to see regular ESO content.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCorbta-fAHKJcxJ6ExbtPwg/
    Options
  • hiyde
    hiyde
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hiyde wrote: »
    So, to recap:

Meanwhile people have been locked out for nearly 2 days so they will likely miss out more than the extension. Further to that, they miss out on writs, event boxes / tickets, dailies etc. The other issue it that the 200 seals are for PC NA only yet PC EU players are still locked out and miss this too. I get the 200 is to offset the downtime NA players had but those PC EU players who are locked still have it and miss out the endeavours from the daily rewards.

I did go on to write more in my post...please don't cherrypick.
    Options
  • Luke_Flamesword
    Luke_Flamesword
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Or, maybe they should get the frozen accounts fixed and then scale the compensation based on how long it took?
    I don't expect to have full list now. I want to know basic stuff like my eso+ days or endavours for missing days. It's basic stuff and it should be clear information from beggining about it.
    PC | EU | DC |Stam Dk Breton
    Options
  • Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Kevin

Explain, why EU players are not getting the same compensation as NA players even though our accounts are also locked. This is not even a joke at this point. And game codes to play on new accounts? Seriously? What for?
    Options
  • hiyde
    hiyde
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tyrion87 wrote: »

Explain, why EU players are not getting the same compensation as NA players even though our accounts are also locked. This is not even a joke at this point. And game codes to play on new accounts? Seriously? What for?

This has nothing to do with the locked accounts and everything to do with the 9 hours of primetime PC-NA was offline during the event. I'd have no issue with EU getting those seals as well, but this is the reason.

We know locked accounts will get different compensation, we don't know what. Most of us hope it's very good compensation, beyond just dailies lost.
    Edited by hiyde on 17 April 2024 17:37
    Options
  • valenwood_vegan
    valenwood_vegan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gina's post says they are discussing additional compensation for those who had their accounts locked.

Like, beyond what they already announced (the 200 seals) that they are offering PC/NA people for the server being down.

Clearly the 200 seals is not the same thing as the compensation that is going to be offered to people with locked accounts. I don't know if the compensation offered is going to be adequate, but personally I'd wait to find out what it is first.
    Edited by valenwood_vegan on 17 April 2024 17:38
    Options
  • Veesk
    Veesk
    ✭✭✭✭

They haven't said that EU players aren't getting the same compensation as NA players who had their accounts locked. We don't know what the compensation is yet.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8091854#Comment_8091854

Take a look at what they have said. They also explain about the game codes.
    Options
  • ZOS_Lunar
    ZOS_Lunar
    admin

Hello!
    As Gina clearly stated in the stickied thread:
    We are also discussing some additional in-game items we’d like to send to those that have their accounts locked, which we will share very soon.

The game code and event extension is not the only thing we plan to do to make things right for those with locked accounts. We hope to share these details in the next day or so.

More details will be shared soon.
    Edited by ZOS_Lunar on 17 April 2024 17:42
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Options
    Staff Post
  • kevkj
    kevkj
    ✭✭✭✭
    The compensation that the locked accounts receive better make the rest of us go "Wish I had my account locked as well". I feel like it would be so easy to promise some of the basic things people are worried about (tickets, confetti fragments, seals, ESO+ days) but it seems they want to be careful not to compensate players too handsomely.
    Options
  • metheglyn
    metheglyn
    ✭✭✭✭
    kevkj wrote: »
    The compensation that the locked accounts receive better make the rest of us go "Wish I had my account locked as well". I feel like it would be so easy to promise some of the basic things people are worried about (tickets, confetti fragments, seals, ESO+ days) but it seems they want to be careful not to compensate players too handsomely.

To me it seems like they simply want to make sure they have a full and clear answer before they give it.
    Options
This discussion has been closed.