The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Is Zeni having troubles with Access Codes?

Elf_Boy
Elf_Boy
✭✭✭
Yes, double checked my User name for login.

Been waiting about 15 min. More than the usual 1-2 min it takes to get one by far.

Also already checked my Spam folder and on a separate email client on a different network.

Sooo any reason Zeni doesnt want me logging in today?
Edited by ZOS_Bill on 20 March 2024 16:12
** Asus Crosshair VI Hero, Ryzen 1800x, 64GB DDR4 @ 3000, GTX 1080 ti, 4K Samsung 3d Display m.2 Sata 3 Boot Drive, m.2 x4 nvme Game Drive **
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If you don't get an email right away, it probably means you messed up your password.

For some reason, they have the same error message for "new IP" and "you mistyped the password," but the wrong password version just doesn't send an email.

All you need to do is ignore the message about the access code and just close it and try again.
    Options
  • Elf_Boy
    Elf_Boy
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting.

I did copy/paste from my password list, but that can be messed up too.

After checking account management to ensure my email was still what I thought it should be, it was, I tried again and got the code. Still nothing for the first so perhaps the password issue.

Thanks,

EB
    ** Asus Crosshair VI Hero, Ryzen 1800x, 64GB DDR4 @ 3000, GTX 1080 ti, 4K Samsung 3d Display m.2 Sata 3 Boot Drive, m.2 x4 nvme Game Drive **
    Options
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    @Elf_Boy are you able to log into the website to place a ticket? We can get that to customer service to help if the access code is still not over to you to log in.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Drammanoth
    Drammanoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin , even though I'm in touch with the Support, I've been unable to get the access code for more than... 48 hours.

Changed the e-mail, changed the password, nothing. And so far, 3 Devs have been trying to help me.

I have no problem with my 1st account, but my 2nd? Nope, no access code, nothing.

Should I reenter my game registation code or membership time code or promotional code?

I've been playing ESO since 1st July 2019.
    Edited by Drammanoth on 18 March 2024 21:36
    My wishlist for ESO
    I.Skills:
    >>weapons: Polearms, Unarmed, Crossbow

>>Sorc's Twilight - perched animation

>>a skill line - a guild having this - to enable us to increase % gold gain for donating Ornate gear (another gold sink in order to gain more pennies - but over time it would pay off)

II.Overland Mechanics
    >>new skill lines - Adventure (enable climbing, increase flora and fauna harvesting chances)

>>tree climing in Grahtwood / Malabal Tor / Greenshade, etc. (with tall trees)

>>rock climbing in Glenumbra / Rivenspire / Stonefalls, etc. (with tall peaks)

>>a way to make Overland more challenging - for those who want

III.CP 2.0
    >>Craft Tree development --> https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/594079/idea-craft-cp-sub-tree-ideas-constant-wip#latest

III.Replayable content in overland
    >>dynamic pocket rifts to Oblivion - eg. to Vaermina's in Stormhaven, Boethiah's in Deshaan, Hircine's in the Rift OR in Bankgorai, etc. to get Daedric Sets relevant to the Prince, something like Oblivion rifts in Blackwood / the Deadlands

IV.Geography
    >>Pyandonea - we had some quests WITH Maormer (Summerset, High Isle) - maybe we could meet them there? Poke poke, nudge nudge, wink wink, eh ZOS?

>>Norg-Tzel - for Mara's sake, ZOS, REMOVE it from the list please!

V.Dungeons

>>story mode for dungeons - sometimes I don't want to do a dungeon quest with sprinters. They will rush from boss to boss and leave without saying a thing. I'd love to enjoy the time, even though I've done a dungeon many times

VI.Other
    (the ideas are also inspired by other Forum Users' posts)
    >>possibility to research traits on Companions' equipment so that we could change the traits

>>pet battles! We collect SO MANY pets, and yet there are just a cosmetic. What a HUGE potential lies within those tiny beats!

>>ASOC - a new server in Asia and Oceania. If people have a bad ping there, it would be great if they had a server reaching their places more easily. And hey, it would make THREE servers, not two.

>>highlighting WBs that are being engaged

>>possibility to dye barding

>>possibility to switch UI between guild bank<-->bank<-->guild trader

>>display the dialogue options so that we can see which answer the NPC is reacting to
    Options
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Drammanoth wrote: »
    @ZOS_Kevin , even though I'm in touch with the Support, I've been unable to get the access code for more than... 48 hours.

Changed the e-mail, changed the password, nothing. And so far, 3 Devs have been trying to help me.

I have no problem with my 1st account, but my 2nd? Nope, no access code, nothing.

Should I reenter my game registation code or membership time code or promotional code?

I've been playing ESO since 1st July 2019.

Support should be able to assist here. Do you happen to have your ticket number?
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Drammanoth
    Drammanoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I do:

240316-005398

But again, I have followed every instruction they gave me. Ofc, I had also checked the recommended actions prior to contacting the Support.

My wishlist for ESO
    I.Skills:

>>a skill line - a guild having this - to enable us to increase % gold gain for donating Ornate gear (another gold sink in order to gain more pennies - but over time it would pay off)

II.Overland Mechanics
    >>new skill lines - Adventure (enable climbing, increase flora and fauna harvesting chances)

III.CP 2.0
    >>Craft Tree development --> https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/594079/idea-craft-cp-sub-tree-ideas-constant-wip#latest

>>dynamic pocket rifts to Oblivion - eg. to Vaermina's in Stormhaven, Boethiah's in Deshaan, Hircine's in the Rift OR in Bankgorai, etc. to get Daedric Sets relevant to the Prince, something like Oblivion rifts in Blackwood / the Deadlands

IV.Geography
    >>Pyandonea - we had some quests WITH Maormer (Summerset, High Isle) - maybe we could meet them there? Poke poke, nudge nudge, wink wink, eh ZOS?

V.Dungeons

>>story mode for dungeons - sometimes I don't want to do a dungeon quest with sprinters. They will rush from boss to boss and leave without saying a thing. I'd love to enjoy the time, even though I've done a dungeon many times

VI.Other
    >>possibility to research traits on Companions' equipment so that we could change the traits

>>pet battles! We collect SO MANY pets, and yet there are just a cosmetic. What a HUGE potential lies within those tiny beats!

>>ASOC - a new server in Asia and Oceania. If people have a bad ping there, it would be great if they had a server reaching their places more easily. And hey, it would make THREE servers, not two.

>>display the dialogue options so that we can see which answer the NPC is reacting to
    Options
  • Veryamedliel
    Veryamedliel
    ✭✭✭
    This is normal behaviour.. sorta.
    I get these 'enter code' messages every 2-3 days. Same computer, same IP.
    I never get an email. I just restart the client and i can enter again for another few days. Every few months I do get an email, but that usually arrives in 20 seconds. Been like this for over 3 years.
    Edited by Veryamedliel on 18 March 2024 22:38
    Options
  • Drammanoth
    Drammanoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is normal behaviour.. sorta.
    I get these 'enter code' messages every 2-3 days. Same computer, same IP.
    I never get an email. I just restart the client and i can enter again for another few days.
    I've rarely had any problems with my 1st account over those 4 years.

With my 2nd account? I can't even get the e-mail, and I've been seeking any possible reason why it is happening... I swear, I'd love one of the Devs to check that for themselves. Whether this is just my e-mail address, my laptop or what :(
    My wishlist for ESO
    I.Skills:

II.Overland Mechanics

III.CP 2.0

IV.Geography

V.Dungeons

VI.Other

Options
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drammanoth, have you tried forwarding the new gmail to your email that actually works? Maybe give that a shot?

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
    Options
  • Drammanoth
    Drammanoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Forwarding, as changing from a Gmail to non-Gmail? yes, I have.
    My wishlist for ESO
    I.Skills:

II.Overland Mechanics

III.CP 2.0

IV.Geography

V.Dungeons

VI.Other

Options
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is your first (and working) email gmail also? Or non-gmail?

Forwarding from one gmail account to another is done in All Settings, Forwarding and POP/IMAP. I have all my various email accounts forwaded to my main gmail account (including the emails for the other two ESO game accounts) - easier to keep track of it all.

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

Options
  • Drammanoth
    Drammanoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TaSheen wrote: »
    Is your first (and working) email gmail also? Or non-gmail?
    Forwarding from one gmail account to another is done in All Settings, Forwarding and POP/IMAP. I have all my various email accounts forwaded to my main gmail account (including the emails for the other two ESO game accounts) - easier to keep track of it all.
    My 1st account is Gmail, but I've just set up a Yahoo one. But thanks for the tip - maybe it'll work.
    My wishlist for ESO
    I.Skills:

II.Overland Mechanics

III.CP 2.0

IV.Geography

V.Dungeons

VI.Other

Options
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, it's a very weird issue. And in fact it's the reason I'm now forwarding all my emails TO my gmail main account. I have emails on client sites (I have a website design and management business - I keep trying to retire, but I have clients who just won't seem to let me do that) and it's WAY too much trouble to check them all, change passwords every few weeks, etc - so they all just forward to gmail and it's a done deal.

I did have issues with getting emails in a timely manner (years back now) - and that's when I set up forwarding to the main gmail account. MUCH simpler....

Options
  • Drammanoth
    Drammanoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And the (hopefully) last question I have @TaSheen , probably a stupid one - if I set up a new account, does it require me to buy a copy of the game?

Sounds ridiculous, but... :/
    My wishlist for ESO
    I.Skills:

II.Overland Mechanics

III.CP 2.0

IV.Geography

V.Dungeons

VI.Other

Options
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well. Do you have two accounts now? If so, changing the email situation should NOT require you to buy another copy. You would just log into your account on the website, change the email, and the account would still have the purchase info.

Unless.... this is screwed because of the issues due to this patch....

Um @ZOS_Kevin.... help?

Options
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic, as it's account related.

Thank you for your understanding
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Drammanoth
    Drammanoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TaSheen wrote: »
    Well. Do you have two accounts now? If so, changing the email situation should NOT require you to buy another copy. You would just log into your account on the website, change the email, and the account would still have the purchase info.

Unless.... this is screwed because of the issues due to this patch....
    As you can see, not really @TaSheen . https://freeimage.host/i/JXMAO42

It does not usually take THAT much time to send the necessary e-mail with a confirmation code, merely up to 10 seconds, I quickly respond, copy-paste and there we have it - this is something I cannot complain about.

But with the 2nd account? Uh...
    Edited by Drammanoth on 19 March 2024 07:13
    My wishlist for ESO
    I.Skills:

II.Overland Mechanics

III.CP 2.0

IV.Geography

V.Dungeons

VI.Other

Options
  • Drammanoth
    Drammanoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    An update:

From one of the ESO Support Devs:

"I have reviewed the new screen captures you have submitted, and I see the account with UserID 'Drammanoth' in both of these images. Please note that each Elder Scrolls Online account must have its own purchased copy of the game in order to play. If you have only purchased the game through your 'Drammanoth' account, the other account will not have access to the game."

Well, this pretty much sums it up...
    My wishlist for ESO
    I.Skills:

II.Overland Mechanics

III.CP 2.0

IV.Geography

V.Dungeons

VI.Other

Options
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    We appreciate the updates from everyone. As the OP indicates that they've finally gotten their access code, we will now close this thread going forward.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Options
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.