The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

What happened to Nightblades is unforgivable

• Turtle_Bot
    Turtle_Bot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Idinuse wrote: »
    Scaletho wrote: »
    Extremely weak, convoluted and nerfed skills, lack of balance and completely outdated.

Nightblade was my preferred class, it was fun and pretty engaging to use. It was the thief class, the assassin. No more. Forgotten, neglected. This is so sad.

You're right, you should try pet less Mag Sorcerer instead.....muahahaha! :D

Bah! Try Necro, now there is an easy to use balanced class.

As much as necro needs help (and don't get me wrong, it needs a lot of help), it still parses roughly 5-10% higher than no-pet sorc and has significantly more support options that allow it to slot into groups better/easier than no-pet sorc.

The only no-pet build I could find for end-game content is from roughly 8 months ago (pre-nekrom) that was using pre-nerf PoN and it parsed at 110k, while necro parses anywhere from 115k to 125k.

Every sorc build since then has been either a pet build, oaken heavy attack, or oaken HA with pets) or the 1 random build (non-meta sets) that parsed sub 90k.

1/2 of Sorcs limited good group support options are tied to the pets:
    Major Berserk - Atro

The other is minor prophecy, but the abilities on the dark magic skill line required to proc that passive are purely selfish/pure DD abilities outside of encase which is one of the worst abilities in the game.
  • Tan9oSuccka
    Tan9oSuccka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You have to be kidding, right? 😂
    Of course I like steak. I'm a Nord, aren't I?
    -Berj Stoneheart
  • reazea
    reazea
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think the OP might be a NB main that is just wanting to lead the conversation away from just how OP NB's are these days.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    reazea wrote: »

I think the OP might be a NB main that is just wanting to lead the conversation away from just how OP NB's are these days.

I believe this thread is about DPS performance in PvE rather than PvP, although it would have been helpful if the OP had included specifics.
  • reazea
    reazea
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I believe this thread is about DPS performance in PvE rather than PvP, although it would have been helpful if the OP had included specifics.

NB dps in PvE is near the other top performing classes though. In PvP NB's are S tier. In PvE they're still one of the highest dps classes though not S tier. It comes down to how well the player knows the class and plays it.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

NB dps in PvE is near the other top performing classes though. In PvP NB's are S tier. In PvE they're still one of the highest dps classes though not S tier. It comes down to how well the player knows the class and plays it.

In group content? You’re the first I’ve seen say that. They can probably parse well, but I assumed they didn’t do as well in group content without aoe. I could be mistaken though as I’ve not tried it myself in some time.
  • the1andonlyskwex
    the1andonlyskwex
    ✭✭✭✭✭

NB was massively overpowered for so long (pre-Elsweyr) that lots of NB mains have a distorted view of what normal is and an overinflated sense of their own skill to go with it.
  • SmellyUnlimited
    SmellyUnlimited
    ✭✭✭✭
    Does the stamblade stack up to comparable stamina classes, though? Seems like even Stamcro has more utility to a group.
    DO. NOT. WIPE. (in game OR out!)
  • merpins
    merpins
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    PVE Classes that need help:
    Nightblade, Warden, Sorc, Necro, Templar

PVP Classes that need help:
    Stam Warden, Sorc, Necro, Templar.

It's a simple solution: balance PVE and PVP separately.
    Edited by merpins on 29 December 2023 00:44
  • Pelanora
    Pelanora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ahhhh the forums, where there can be simultaneous threads calling for a buff and a nerf to nb....

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/644885/nightblades-out-of-control-in-pvp#latest
    Edited by Pelanora on 29 December 2023 00:59
  • merpins
    merpins
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Pelanora wrote: »
    Ahhhh the forums, where there can be simultaneous threads calling for a buff and a nerf to nb....

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/644885/nightblades-out-of-control-in-pvp#latest

I agree! NB is too strong... In PvP. And too weak in end game PvE. This is a balancing problem that's caused by ZOS refusing to balance the two game modes separately.
    Edited by merpins on 29 December 2023 01:24
  • SmellyUnlimited
    SmellyUnlimited
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think it’s time the game made PvE and PvP two separate entities. You go to Cyrodil, you enter another dimension where class skills and damage is completely changed.
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic, as it's about a class.

Thank you for your understanding
    Staff Post
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does the stamblade stack up to comparable stamina classes, though? Seems like even Stamcro has more utility to a group.

If you are wanting to be a parsemachine, receiving all the buffs so that you may DPS and only DPS, you will do just fine. If you want to bring utility, then you are better off playing other classes. NB isn't any worse at DPS by any noticeable margin if at all.
    Edited by IZZEFlameLash on 29 December 2023 12:08
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • Foxtrot39
    Foxtrot39
    ✭✭✭✭
    umagon wrote: »
    [...]Also, they need to improve bolstering darkness’ pve end game utility its been mostly useless for 6+ years now.

Yeah been advocating for that along other NB tanks for the reason that the entire ult is outclassed by a sloted passive with an unjustifiable cost
    [...]And vampire. It’s pretty much a one trick Undeath passive pony — essential for PvP and pretty much garbage for PvE. And I’m still bitter about no bat swarm without also transforming into an alchemical monstrosity.

[...]

Werewolf are in a worser place because you can only have one restrictive playstyle with them, nobody even bother with it even in PVE RND

Edited by Foxtrot39 on 29 December 2023 15:11
  • MudcrabAttack
    MudcrabAttack
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thinking of all the latest DLC trials, where so many fights have a heavy reliance on AOE damage, nightblade ranges between slightly mediocre and just plain bad. At the very least they could give back a passive buff like the one that was associated with concealed weapon. When you have to use up a GCD to cast the single target skill, just to activate the 10% buff, it’s like you’re already a second behind everyone else in an AOE fight. In many cases it’s pointless to cast it in the first place.
    Edited by MudcrabAttack on 29 December 2023 21:14
  • SmellyUnlimited
    SmellyUnlimited
    ✭✭✭✭
    Foxtrot39 wrote: »
    umagon wrote: »
    [...]Also, they need to improve bolstering darkness’ pve end game utility its been mostly useless for 6+ years now.

Yeah been advocating for that along other NB tanks for the reason that the entire ult is outclassed by a sloted passive with an unjustifiable cost
    [...]And vampire. It’s pretty much a one trick Undeath passive pony — essential for PvP and pretty much garbage for PvE. And I’m still bitter about no bat swarm without also transforming into an alchemical monstrosity.

[...]

Werewolf are in a worser place because you can only have one restrictive playstyle with them, nobody even bother with it even in PVE RND

I loved it when you got stamina regen just for having WW slotted. Not sure why they removed that, considering the many passive benefits vampire gets. PvP shouldn’t have to be just “undeath passive beats all” without werewolves bringing something to the table.
  • Foxtrot39
    Foxtrot39
    ✭✭✭✭
    I loved it when you got stamina regen just for having WW slotted. Not sure why they removed that, considering the many passive benefits vampire gets. PvP shouldn’t have to be just “undeath passive beats all” without werewolves bringing something to the table.

Well the issue is you slot an ult to not use is not far from being a wasted ult slot and it has to be on your active bar to take effect
  • reazea
    reazea
    ✭✭✭✭✭

NB was massively overpowered for so long (pre-Elsweyr) that lots of NB mains have a distorted view of what normal is and an overinflated sense of their own skill to go with it.

Exactly. NB's have never been anything other than close to or the very top performers in both PvE and PvP.
  • Foxtrot39
    Foxtrot39
    ✭✭✭✭

Exactly. NB's have never been anything other than close to or the very top performers in both PvE and PvP.

Yet NB has the most complicated rotation compared to other classes to reach the same level
  • reazea
    reazea
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Foxtrot39 wrote: »

Yet NB has the most complicated rotation compared to other classes to reach the same level

Yes, mag NB's can be a bit more complicated to play well, but that's not a class issue. That's a becoming familiar with the class skills and it's rotations better challenge.

Edited by reazea on 30 December 2023 21:01
  • MindOfTheSwarm
    MindOfTheSwarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AlterBlika wrote: »
    - Veiled Strike and it's Morphs would be moved to the Assassination skill tree and trade positions with Blur (It makes no sense being in the Shadow Skill Tree when all the other conjured weapon abilities of the NB are in the Assassination skill tree and Blur makes no sense being in that tree either)

Thx for the nerf, I really don't need the only reliable source of major resolve on my nb when having 0 heavy armor.

Easily solved by changing the passive and moving the Resolve to a skill.
  • GCJ_
    GCJ_
    I remember when I made my Bosmer NB way back in 2014. Stamina archer was closest thing to my Nightengale thief character when making the jump from Skyrim to ESO with the dragonborn segue way quest. (a rare and unknown treat that only lives on in the pre-cloud memory of my head). The bosmer race passive of shadow running in thick wooded areas to gain speed and invisibility was a must have for exploring and discovery of way shrines in the AD alliance zones, and even more so when Cyrodiil was introduced. Combat was just crazy. Pvp was even crazier. I'm one of the ones who quit altogether in 2015, and came back with Morrowind chapter. I remember when the game was literally broken. 10 years later its still routinely balanced and rebalanced. The existence of pve and pvp and whatever else is from us, the players. We identify ourselves individually within the single product because we play what parts we like and not what we don't. Zos doesn't do that to us, we do that to ourselves, and they follow up in kind. Its not that they refuse to balance by not splitting up the game, its that its just not what is meant for the whole game. If you play everything the game has at least once on one single character, you would understand this better. You still may not agree, and understandably so, but you would have a better understanding of why it has not happened, probably.