The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

order of the new moon quest

MissCurlyWurly
this quest is currently bug as when u destroy the crystals in the fortress it takes u to run through the fortress all the way down to where the dragon is and u see caska on the other side but can not get through the tunnel to reach her as there is an invisible wall blocking the way through. can not progress this quest until fixed as have even tried /reloadui. i have logged out and i have left, ported out and gone back to the ws to try and progress it. there is no way to finish this quest until it is fixed. i can not finish this zone story to unlock the dragonhold sanctum
Edited by ZOS_Volpe on November 1, 2023 4:38PM
  • ZOS_Volpe
    ZOS_Volpe
    admin
    Greetings,

We went ahead and moved this thread to a category we think is more suitable for this topic, Bug Reports.

Thanks for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • wilykcat
    wilykcat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same here

I'm stuck on the same quest. I keep on trying to figure out how to get by the invisible wall. I got frustrated after trying for 15 minutes to see if I could get through or if I did something wrong while doing the quest. I cannot meet up with caska either.
  • MissCurlyWurly
    theres no way of continuing the story till they fix it which sucks because am trying unlock the dragonguard sanctum
  • wilykcat
    wilykcat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Me too
  • guitarplayer
    still the same bug, no chance to meet with Caska. So the storyline of Dragonhold is unplayable for all Players now.
  • MissCurlyWurly
    please fix this Zos.... we trying to finish the story
  • wilykcat
    wilykcat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://youtu.be/-UJndGAo6Jc
    A video I made of me (on my alt) trying to get through this random, useless, invisible wall that's blocking the path. Before I screen recorded the bug there was another player trying to get through before he found out the quest is broke and left.

We need to complete this quest, this invisible wall is causing problems, and the bug should be fixed ASAP. Many players besides us here on the forums are disappointed that the quest is bugged. :'(

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_Kevin @ZOS_Icy ,
    Please send word to whomever is finding and fixing bugs to fix this one. It would be very greatly appreciated.
  • Castiel_Boomer
    Castiel_Boomer
    ✭✭✭
    I also have this issue. Thought I was going crazy but my friend reported it to me first, so I knew that I wasn't. Small tunnel/cave that you simply cannot pass through yet te entire time that pesky dragon is shooting at you. I hope they fix this soon. It's literally game-breaking for that quest.
    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace" -Jimi Hendrix
  • Alekero
    Alekero
    ✭✭✭
    Same here. Just skipped it on my arcanist for now but i hope you fix it soon.
  • MissCurlyWurly
    you would have thought they would have fixed it while they did maintenance today but nope, still broken
  • guitarplayer
    @ZOS_Volpe: Can you give a time frame for when the error will be fixed?
  • MissCurlyWurly
    @ZOS_Volpe any chance it can get fixed soon.... want to continue with the story eventually
  • spiotracus
    spiotracus
    ✭✭
    Got the same bug. Hopefully won't take too long now.
  • guitarplayer
    I hope too, but when I take a look at the bug in seeker's archive, I see that the bug has existed since June. ZOS know it and will fix it, but no Informatiuon, when they will do it. The official support page offers this advice: https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/#en/answer/60578
  • dk_dunkirk
    dk_dunkirk
    ✭✭✭
    Affecting me as well.

And I gotta just say for the record that this is ridiculous. 2200 hours in, I'm trying to finish story quests and 100% zones, and now this is the second zone I'm going to have to leave behind for some rainy day if-and-when the devs finally get around to fixing it.
    Edited by dk_dunkirk on November 7, 2023 12:54PM
  • dk_dunkirk
    dk_dunkirk
    ✭✭✭
    I hope too, but when I take a look at the bug in seeker's archive, I see that the bug has existed since June. ZOS know it and will fix it, but no Informatiuon, when they will do it. The official support page offers this advice: https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/#en/answer/60578

This is a different bug, in an entirely different questline.
  • guitarplayer
    I completely agree with you, I was concerned with the time comparison, until when the error will be rectified. The other error has already existed for several months.
  • Laivine_Aldaron
    Me and partner had the same issue with the invisible wall at the tunnel and there were about 3-4 more people stuck with us at the same spot wondering what is going on, until we got in he forum and saw it is an occurring bug atm.

My ticket got a response that they are aware of it and they are planning to fix it on later update, without ant more details regarding the timeframe sadly.
  • Vhellcat
    Vhellcat
    Soul Shriven
    The wasted hours on this - not only doing the quest but all the effort put in to submit a ticket with supporting pictures and video link to be told "hey you won't receive further response" instead - go tot Bug Report on the forum - why not put that up in the first place? Sorry, a bit frustrated as I'm doing this to help a friend.

So here goes:
    Order of the New Moon quest.
    My friend @Nvy got stuck at the "Meet up with Caska" part of the quest. I have completed this quest on my main character so I knew at some point you were able to finish it. I therefore decided to do this quest with him on a different character. I had him abandon his quest and I shared mine with him and we did the quest together and we BOTH got stuck at the same part, as well as another player @PABLOFRG (who was not grouped with us). We tried:
    Killing all the NPCs.
    Dying and reviving.
    Exiting the building and reentering.
    Reloading UI.
    Exiting game completely and logging back in. <-- doing this, and re-entering the building, you'll see Caska across the way where the dragon is again and then she'll walk away.

I've included screen shots of others stuck with us (not in group). This effects progression of the zone story, cannot get achievements, buy furnishings, etc...

Excuse the audio, hopefully this link will take you to around the 3 minute mark where we run up to the tunnel and invisible barrier.

https://youtu.be/5zjRfYRs-yg?si=RWHhxIxR8K7p1gm9&t=185

ksqoingfzsun.png
    xc32d8d2bmx1.png
    7lt4a5wo7z0n.png
    mb9bmsboaf3k.png
    nhqom6gohocu.png
    6ovzldpch0ky.png

Upon searching it seems this issue has existed since 2022 - so hearing "This will be fixed at a future update" isn't reassuring. It seems this issue was fixed on Playstation.

I'm on PC, direct launch, Windows.
  • nvy.lotrob14_ESO
    ZOS_Volpe wrote: »
    Greetings,

We went ahead and moved this thread to a category we think is more suitable for this topic, Bug Reports.

Can we PLEASE get some feedback on this from you guys? We have seen this has been ongoing since back in 2022 on some threads I'm finding, you guys even stated this would be fixed/resolved in a future update in a couple of these articles, but its still a bug and halts progress to more than just a simple quest, it cancels out us advancing on the achievement for this, we cant access the achievements or the vendor, we cant get the end of story dragon pet, sooo many things were missing out on due to this story quest being halted for us. Please, Please, Please address or acknowledge that there is a focus on this and it will be fixed sooner than later, please?
  • nvy.lotrob14_ESO
    Greetings,

Just another FYI, we cant progress to obtain the last piece of the "Hall of the lunar champion" due to this roadblock, you have to finish this story/quest line to unlock the last and final piece to your lunar champion home, we're at a stand with an unfinished home.. PLEASE fix this on Mondays maintenance.
  • MissCurlyWurly
    Greetings,

Just another FYI, we cant progress to obtain the last piece of the "Hall of the lunar champion" due to this roadblock, you have to finish this story/quest line to unlock the last and final piece to your lunar champion home, we're at a stand with an unfinished home.. PLEASE fix this on Mondays maintenance.

Amen, @ZOS_Volpe u have seen this is an issue by moving it to a different category but havent responded or replied to any one.....
  • guitarplayer
    Seems like the bug is fixed, I can go trough.
  • nvy.lotrob14_ESO
    Greetings,

Thank you thank you thank you for hearing us and tending to this!! I am so grateful and thankful for your promptness in fixing this, I'm so happy to launch the game and see that I'm able to progress! You guys are great, I cant say enough thank you's but please, spread the word to your staff as well and let them know I'm so very appreciative of your efforts, work and dedication to the game and the happiness of your customers! = ) Thank you again!
  • wilykcat
    wilykcat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To confirm that the issue with this quest has been resolved. Here's a reference to the update.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/646863/pc-mac-patch-notes-v9-2-6

• MissCurlyWurly
    thanks for fixing it guys thought we'd be waiting for at least a few months
  • MissCurlyWurly
    RESOLVED
  • Wuduwasa13
    Wuduwasa13
    ✭✭✭
    Not fixed, currently experiencing the bug right now….
  • MissCurlyWurly
    it is broken again
  • cheshirecatqee
    Vhellcat wrote: »
    The wasted hours on this - not only doing the quest but all the effort put in to submit a ticket with supporting pictures and video link to be told "hey you won't receive further response" instead - go tot Bug Report on the forum - why not put that up in the first place? Sorry, a bit frustrated as I'm doing this to help a friend.

So here goes:
    Order of the New Moon quest.
    My friend @Nvy got stuck at the "Meet up with Caska" part of the quest. I have completed this quest on my main character so I knew at some point you were able to finish it. I therefore decided to do this quest with him on a different character. I had him abandon his quest and I shared mine with him and we did the quest together and we BOTH got stuck at the same part, as well as another player @PABLOFRG (who was not grouped with us). We tried:
    Killing all the NPCs.
    Dying and reviving.
    Exiting the building and reentering.
    Reloading UI.
    Exiting game completely and logging back in. <-- doing this, and re-entering the building, you'll see Caska across the way where the dragon is again and then she'll walk away.

I've included screen shots of others stuck with us (not in group). This effects progression of the zone story, cannot get achievements, buy furnishings, etc...

Excuse the audio, hopefully this link will take you to around the 3 minute mark where we run up to the tunnel and invisible barrier.

https://youtu.be/5zjRfYRs-yg?si=RWHhxIxR8K7p1gm9&t=185

ksqoingfzsun.png
    xc32d8d2bmx1.png
    7lt4a5wo7z0n.png
    mb9bmsboaf3k.png
    nhqom6gohocu.png
    6ovzldpch0ky.png

Upon searching it seems this issue has existed since 2022 - so hearing "This will be fixed at a future update" isn't reassuring. It seems this issue was fixed on Playstation.

I'm on PC, direct launch, Windows.

It hasn't been fixed on PS4.

I ran into this bug last night.

I tried alternate routes but to progress this you need to go down that tunnel.