The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Scrivener's Hall, First Boss Fight Has Two Major Accessibility Flaws.

Bat
Bat
✭✭✭✭✭
The first boss has a mechanic that is difficult to deal with for people with poor eyesight. It is both the shooting symbols that show the direction of the hidden books, and the glow on the books themselves. The symbols fire off a bit too seldom for many to gather in which direction they are heading and when they do, they are pretty small and dimly lit, making it difficult for many to actually see them. Since this is imperative to know, the way they signal direction would stand being reworked so that they are clearer; for example they could keep shooting instead of going out for just a moment and then pausing, as well as their lights being brighter - alternatively the strands that they "leave behind" being somewhat thicker and brighter, or why not all three to make it less confusing and eye straining. The books themselves that preferably two DDs go to find, would also benefit from becoming a bit more clearly marked out. For example, they could have a pulsating light emitting from them, and a sound effect on them. This would help many groups clear this mechanic, without sacrificing the mechanic itself.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ive run this dungeon a couple times on normal, and there was no indication there were even books that needed to be found, the only one i knew was there was the green one you needed to absorb to prevent it exploding

the mechanics on this first boss i thought in general were very vague about what you were supposed to do, like i see the floating books in the main area you engage the boss but like had no idea what to do with them since they werent targetable

i dont even have that poor of eyesight, they were just not very obvious at all with all the other stuff going on during the fight
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Personally, I didn’t find much issue in figuring out that the mechanic is to run into the bookshelves, and I saw the books well with bloom enabled. However, I completely agree that the indicator for what direction to go could be better. It feels wrong standing there with a heavy DoT staring at the sky for a couple seconds (+ doing the book’s mechanic) and then running. Despite knowing it gives a hint, I found myself just guessing and taking off.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Thank you all for providing feedback here. We'll be sure to pass this on to the dungeon team.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • AvalonRanger
    AvalonRanger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Each time I taught mech of this for the PUG member of normal dungeon run.
    But usually people ignore my advice, and combat going solo tank fight. (everyone were dead except me)

Sigh...

The combat mech is not so bad, but something UI design of ZOS is still wrong.
    My playing time Mon-Friday UTC13:00-16:00 [PC-NA] CP over2000 now.
    I have [1Tough tank] [1StamSorc-DD] [1Necro-DD] [1Real Healer]
    But, I'm Tank main player. Recently I'm doing Healer.

2023/12/21
    By the way...Dungeon-Meshi(One of Famous Japanese fantasy story comic book) got finale...
    Good-bye "King of Monster Eater".
  • AvalonRanger
    AvalonRanger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just display the "warning message" on the screen, when boss summon the book.
    Not great idea, but reasonable also.
    My playing time Mon-Friday UTC13:00-16:00 [PC-NA] CP over2000 now.
    I have [1Tough tank] [1StamSorc-DD] [1Necro-DD] [1Real Healer]
    But, I'm Tank main player. Recently I'm doing Healer.

2023/12/21
    By the way...Dungeon-Meshi(One of Famous Japanese fantasy story comic book) got finale...
    Good-bye "King of Monster Eater".
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Each time I taught mech of this for the PUG member of normal dungeon run.
    But usually people ignore my advice, and combat going solo tank fight. (everyone were dead except me)

Sigh...

The combat mech is not so bad, but something UI design of ZOS is still wrong.

Precisely why I’m not pugging it.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
  • PrinceShroob
    PrinceShroob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We found the mechanics in this fight obtuse running in blind on veteran difficulty; there's little visual or audio indication that you even need to find books in the stacks, which is very unusual given that you are accompanied by two NPCs who staunchly remain completely silent during the entire fight (compare Jorvuld in Scalecaller Peak calling out mechanics as they happen).

The boss nattering on about needing to "do our research" before challenging him was a bit insulting; it almost felt like a naked admission that the game is horrible about teaching you how mechanics work in-game (the Help menu is seriously underutilized--it should, at the very least, allow you to read all the hints you'd normally get on your Death Recap screen).
  • Dragonredux
    Dragonredux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah this fight is a pain compared to the rest of the dungeon. I cannot for the life of me see the red books.

Doesn't help the constant DoT damage stacks up the more books pile up and mix with pugs trying to burn the boss / not knowing what to do. Pugging is going to be an absolute nightmare on a since 2, maybe 3 sets are somewhat good there one of them being a dps set. I already dreading this on my Tank whenever I hate random.