The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How to permanently disable the Account Protection?

NeKryXe
NeKryXe
✭✭✭✭✭
I'd like to know if there's a way to completely remove my email from my account so I can safely login to my account without ever be requested again for an access code supposedly sent to my email. Most of the times I never receive any email with the code. So, sometimes it takes hours or days to be able to login. I don't need such a thing even for my bank account. Seems that the Account Protection is only a way to protect the account from ourselves. I'd prefer to use the Microsoft Authentication or nothing. The email thing is extremely unsafe, and yes, I always check the spam. So... Is there any way to disable it?
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @NeKryXe

There is no way to remove your email from the ESO account and still be able to login normally.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Bill wrote: »
    @NeKryXe

There is no way to remove your email from the ESO account and still be able to login normally.

This is a huge problem. I completely lost access to my account because I no longer receive the access code on my email. Luckily I still can login the game and the forum. But I'm not able to update my credit card so, very soon, I'll lose ESO Plus. I guess I have to adapt playing without ESO Plus but this is a hateful situation. You should allow us to use to use the Microsoft Authenticatior instead blocking us completely from our account due to your failed system.
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just remember something... It's not only ESO Plus. For now it's ok because I only lose ESO Plus, and I already added Necrom to my account a while ago. But what about future release? How will I be able to add future releases only with access to the game and without access to my account on web? I don't like this! :/
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I received lots of access codes a while ago, but none were valid. Tried again to request a new code, and I didn't receive anything. Meanwhile I've been testing my email account and it doesn't seem to be a problem at my end. This Account Protection system is insane. You really need to kill it.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @NeKryXe

If you need to recover access to your ESO account or update the account information, please use the account recovery form to do so.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Bill wrote: »
    @NeKryXe

If you need to recover access to your ESO account or update the account information, please use the account recovery form to do so.

I don't need to recover my account. Meanwhile I got access to it. Sometimes I can access others don't. As far as I understood everybody has the same problem. But thanks for the information.