The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Accurate World Map - a map correction addon - is now out for BETA testing!

• ZOS_GregoryV
    Just wanted to let everyone know that we have moved this thread to a more appropriate section.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Vylaera
    Vylaera
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AntonShan wrote: »
    Great addon but I'm having an issue - after a while when I open Champion Points my game hangs. First time it happens for a brief moment, but than more times I do that, than worse it becomes. I can provide any needed information regarding my client if necessary

Just to update, Thal has informed me that he's fixed this internally and it will come with the next update.
    Vy • lae • ra
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love this addon, thank you both for the work on this! I too have the issue with the session hanging when entering or exiting the CP screen with this addon active, and am happy to hear it will get fixed in an update.

I also have a very specific addon conflict issue, which is somewhat minor, but annoying. I use Votan’s Circular Minimap. When I have the Accurate World Map addon active it forces my Minimap into a square shape and cuts off the edges of the circular border. This persists regardless of my settings in Votan’s addon. When I disable this world map addon, my circular map is back.

I’m guessing this will only impact a small number of players, but I thought good to get the word out.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Darkmage1337
    Darkmage1337
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is has been long overdue. Thank you for this awesome addon! It is one of my new favorites. :smile:
    ESO Platform/Region: PC/NA. ESO ID: @Darkmage1337
    GM of Absolute Virtue. Co-GM of Absolute Vice. 8-time Former Emperor, out of 13 characters. 3 Templars, 3 Sorcerers, 2 Nightblades, 2 Dragonknights, 1 Warden. 1 Necromancer, and 1 Arcanist. The Ebonheart Pact: The Dark-Mage (Former Emperor), The Undying Nightshade, The Moonlit-Knight, The Killionaire (Former Emperor), Swims-Among-Slaughterfish (Former Emperor), The Undead Mage, and The Dark-Warlock. The Aldmeri Dominion: The Dawn-Bringer (Former Empress), The Ironwood Kid (Former Emperor), and The Storm-Sword. The Daggerfall Covenant: The Storm-Shield (Former Empress), The Savage-Beast, and The Burning-Crusader CP: 1,800.
  • phantasmalD
    phantasmalD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    e1tc0lpehidc.png
    The Aurbis view version of Tamriel looks kind of artifact-y/noisy, is this a known issue or something that's only happening at my end?
    Edited by phantasmalD on 7 June 2022 19:36
  • Jim_Pipp
    Jim_Pipp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just wow! Installed this yesterday, and it is amazing. Everytime I open the map I am stunned by it. On gamepad UI I get an addon error, so I need to use wayshrines using keyboard and mouse, but this may be a bug from another addon.

Thank you for this thoughtful gift to the community. It is vastly nicer than the vanilla map.
    #1 tip (Re)check your graphics settings periodically - especially resolution.
  • Thal_J
    Thal_J
    ✭✭✭✭
    thanks @Jim_Pipp and @phantasmalD for the reports, we will look into getting both fixed soon
  • phantasmalD
    phantasmalD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A couple more things:
    bbb2hr4x15h3.png
    Some of the flavour descriptions are a bit too long and break the boundary of the black box. There are a couple more that reaches three lines, but the longest one is Bleakrock, with 4 lines.

The max limit seems to be 166 characters (2 lines of 83), anything above that gets broken up into 3 lines and thus starts looking questionable.

pg7jalidcqwa.png
    When you click on a wayshrine, the text stays on the screen but the black box vanishes. Ideally either both or neither should
    disappear.

bv7kfdx9rtkk.png
    Minimaps seem to mess with the loading of the black box; the proportions are often off if I have the minimap enabled and active when I load up a character. Either too small or too big. I'm unsure if this is true for every UI mod, I personally use Bandit's UI, so that's the one I confirm causing issues.
    This only seems to happen when the minimap is enabled, everything seems to work just fine when it's turned off. My guess is that the minimap opens the map before it could fully load in?
  • Thal_J
    Thal_J
    ✭✭✭✭
    @phantasmalD how many inches is your monitor?
  • phantasmalD
    phantasmalD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Vylaera
    Vylaera
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ah, ok
    That's moreso a problem with how everything in the game gets crunched on small monitors than a problem with the addon. For standard sizes, 20"+, this isn't an issue.

Unfortunately we don't want to sacrifice the quality of the text to account for fringe cases, so going forward the descriptions will be around the same length as the one there on Bleakrock. The descriptions currently in the addon are temporary and will be replaced with longer, better, and more lore-themed sentences.

Due to how the game works, we aren't able to dynamically change the text size, so it has to be one set size to account for all monitor sizes, such as mine which is 28" and already somewhat difficult to parse out.

As always, the zone descriptions can be turned off or on, and are intended to be a bonus functionality that isn't necessary for usability, so if it takes up too much space, the option is there to disable them.
    Vy • lae • ra
  • phantasmalD
    phantasmalD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually, the physical size is irrelevant.
    It's still a 1080p monitor, that's not a fringe case at all. At least I think it's still vastly more common than 2160p.

Physical size does not cause crunching, that's resolution. Bigger monitors usually have higher resolution and thus they are capable of displaying more, but that doesn't mean that a physically bigger monitor is automatically UHD.
    I believe the smallest UHD screen is like 9" or so, and on the other end you can find 27"HD monitors, so, yeah.

Also, I just remembered that custom UI scaling exists. I was satisfied with the default size of the UI so haven't been using it, but one could use that to make the text smaller, if they wanted to. Or bigger.
    By default the game tries to make the UI as sharp as possible, so yeah, the UI (and therefore the text) would be smaller on a 4k monitor, thanks to the quadruple amount of pixels.
  • HyekAr
    HyekAr
    ✭✭✭
    Very beautiful map, I would lile to have it. But as a Stadia player, I cant.

Hope one day it will be the game map, added by zos into the game.

Thank u for ur work