The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Loremaster’s Archive Q&A- Bretons of the Systres Archipelago (High Isle and Amenos)

• WeatherDragon
    WeatherDragon
    Soul Shriven
    Fair greetings, Lady Arabelle

I've studied the movements and actions of the Direnni for a while, but I cannot seem to reach a conclusion on how much influence they had on surrounding nedic tribes.

How far did the Direnni go considering their interactions with nedes? Did they interact with the keptu tribe of Hammerfell? Were their interactions exclusively with men in the High Rock regions? I am always trying to figure out if the Ayleids and Direnni both took samples from the same tribes, and if there was any overlap.

Warmest regards,

Chases-Giant-Clouds, Wizard of the United Explorers of Scholarly Pursuits
  • Legoless
    Legoless
    ✭✭✭✭
    To the esteemed Lady Arabelle,

Who were the original inhabitants of the Systres?

Do the traditions of the Stonelore druids predate the Direnni Hegemony?

I have heard tales of strange crustaceans and coral beasts native to the Systres. These creatures are unknown to the people of Tamriel—how have the Breton residents of High Isle adapted to this alien land?

Yours,
    Legoless, Tiger-Doyen of the United Explorers of Scholarly Pursuits
  • Windshear
    Windshear
    ✭✭✭
    Dearest Lady Arabelle Davaux,

So, the All Flags Navy was the biggest and best navy of all history.

Whose navy is best, after that? Covenant, Pact, Dominion; makes sense for the Covenant, with their culture of maritime matters, and the Altmer as well, to stop the Maormer. Maybe the Maormer navy is large, too? The Empire, in its time, was undeniably grand.

If my speculation was too much -

Which is Tamriel's best navy, as of right now?

Sincerest regards,

The Esteemed Count Bahri Olo

• ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Hi Everyone. Great questions so far! Wanted to give a reminder that this thread will be available for the next few days and then we are closing the thread and picking questions to answer. So get your questions in while you can!
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • LonelyStone
    LonelyStone
    Soul Shriven
    Greetings Lady Arabelle,

Good to hear that Alliance War peace talks will be held in Systres Archipelago. Eight bless you! In the final analysis, the time of war is too unfriendly to an adventurer or traveler like me.
    I lived in High Rock for several years, and heard many legends of Baan Dar form local people during this time. The Bandit God, the Patron Saint of the Lone Wolf, and other title. I wonder if there are other legends in Systres.
    I'd like to explore it myself if I can, but the cost is unaffordable for me at present. Perhaps you could use some help? It will be my honor to serve you as your assistant, my lady. You just need to pay a free ticket for my salary.

Faustus Bloodskal, a Imperial-Nord mixed-blood adventurer and traveler
    Construct Moons-Tower! Dominate Mundus!
  • Nihilee
    Nihilee
    Soul Shriven
    Esteemed Lady Arabelle,

May the Eight grant Tamriel peace! Last time I visited these lovely islets I noticed some faults separating the good lands and the remnants of reefs in some coves in the coast. Is it possible that the original inhabitants of the Systres also left their marks for us to inquire or to preserve long as the druids never fully covered them up? Whom these creatures or people might be?

Also, are there any local celebrations or festivals unique in the archipelago besides that of The All Flag Navy? The culture mix here seems strong enough, and the environment is so different from those dull in the Breton homeland.

• Solinar
    Solinar
    ✭✭
    Dear Lady Arabelle,

I have a few questions regarding the knightly orders of the Systres. I understand the Oaken Order is a knightly order that heavily utilizes spellcraft: Do they happen to follow a specific patron deity uniformly, such as the et'Ada, Magnus, or even perchance the Warlock's God, Syrabane, despite their work with the druids? Finally, how do they and the other knightly orders of the Systres, or even High Rock for that matter, view the Guild's Order of the Lamp, that has provided us security since our early days?

Sincerely,

Wizard Solinar of Firsthold, Leyawiin Mages Guild
  • TheRimOfTheSky
    TheRimOfTheSky
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dear Lady Arabelle,

I have been wondering who the Nedes the Bretons are descended from, we know them as "Manmer" at best but did they have a name for themselves pre-Elven contact, such as the Men-of-Ge or al-Hared?

As the Bretons colonized the Systres, did they settle any other Abecean islands like Pankor, Herne, Caspar, Caecilly, and Kevalla? Perhaps even the mysterious Grayhome I have heard rumors about?

What Nedic group was responsible for building Seaveil Spire?

— Sir Cyandor or Seyda Neen
    Edited by TheRimOfTheSky on 27 April 2022 20:35
  • Stncold
    Stncold
    ✭✭✭
    Dear Lady Arabelle,

What impact would you say that the All Flags Navy had on the economy of the Systres after the war? Would it be fair to say that the many brave sailors returning to their homes after their time on the archipelago and witnessing its beauty firsthand began its reputation as a resort destination across Tamriel in addition to its own historical significance? On that note, whilst on vacation to High Isle with my family several years back, we visited the All Flags Islet and the memorial itself. Curiously, I noticed the captain of one of the original fourteen ships was a Lisolda Davaux. Any relation?

Kind regards,

Lady Lillian Leveaux, aspiring scholar.
  • OgrimTitan
    OgrimTitan
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you for that Q&A. I really like questions about obscure Daggerfall gods from @CoolBlast3 , famous breton sorcerers from @Aliyavana , Dellese Isles from @OrphanStar93 and breton law system from @BlissfulDelusions . I would ask those myself so I hope all of them would be answered. Now to my questions. Feel free to pick any to answer. Accepting both will be perfect.
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________________

My lady.

Recently I came across a booklet Noble Ranks and Titles, presented as a beginner's guide to the class system not of the Systres only, but to the entirety of High Rock. Being well aware how other nations see our stratification as monstrously complex, still I'm slightly outraged by the lack of mentions of marquises, viscounts, earls and baronets. This complexity is a part of what makes our national character, don't you think, my lady?

Nicolas le Bellerose, lord of the High Castle of Daggerfall Overlook, knight mentor of Daggerfall City School of Julianos, lector of mageography and interplanar studies.
    My lady.

Being what you may call.. ugh.. a hero leaves me with few fears. And that one that still persists after battles in hypergonal dimensions and megaplanes is a fear of deep water. There is no way I would travel to the Systres by ship - it's a portal service for me, thanks, no matter the price. We bretons know well what creeps in the deep sea. Besides Ithguleoir, what underwater monster stories persist among the Isles, a naval land by nature?

Nicolas le Bellerose, lord of the High Castle of Daggerfall Overlook, knight mentor of Daggerfall City School of Julianos, lector of mageography and interplanar studies.
    Edited by OgrimTitan on 29 April 2022 06:23
  • VerboseQuips
    VerboseQuips
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Many thanks for doing another one of these! I hope I’m not too late for the party! Here are some questions I thought of. There are too many and they are probably too long but I always struggle with concision. Feel free to answer any, or any part of it :smile:

About the importance of trees for Bretons and about coral stuff :

Sun’s blessings, Lady-Arabelle.

I have stayed for a while in the Gray Mire, learning about the Green with my lovely Bosmer friend-Glooreleb, but the whispers of my Hist in the wind tell me that I should now travel anew, as water should not stagnate.

I think I will soon journey to High Rock. I have heard people there have Wyrd trees. Is the Wyrd tree a kind of Hist? Does it mean Wyrd-Bretons are Saxhleel too? Could you tell me more about that tree?
    I have heard there are also Breton tribes which have dangerous trees whose fruits become their hearts. Is that a Wyrd tree too, but different, like the Hist of our fierce friend-Naga-Kur is different from ours?

Maybe I’ll cross the salty water instead. I have heard Thalmor officers talk about coral, which is like a tree growing underwater or on islands. I erected the spine of curiosity, of course! There are even guars that are born from it! So is the coral a kind of Hist too? Are there Coral-Saxhleel on these islands that I could meet and befriend?

Stay moist,

Licks-Many-Saps, far-traveler and weaver of new friendships

About how Bretons view Hermaeus Mora, and about the Glenmoril wyrd :

Dear Lady Arabelle,

I recently re-read an account of how Herma-Mora tried to trick Ysgramor into becoming a Mer and it made me wonder: did the Gardener of Men partake in the emergence of the Breton folk? Was he involved in the interbreeding that led to the mixing of human and elven features?

I have another question about a linguistic curiosity that tickles my ageing brain. Shalidor, illustrious founder of my home city, is said to have held a treasure called Glamoril, obtained from Akatosh Himself. This word, Glamoril, is very close to another: Glenmoril. Do they share a common etymology? And are you aware of any link between these notions, beyond the obvious paronymic one.

Oilbhreis Hearkenwind, Scholar from Winterhold

About druidism :

Esteemed Lady Arabelle,

I write to you in hope that you could shed some light on the Druidic religion. How does it tie to the Wyrd covens or to the Reachfolk’s belief in Old Gods? What is the nature of the Spirits that are worshipped by the Druids? Are they Aedric or Daedric? Or maybe are they something else entirely? For example, by her attributions, Druagaa looks like she could be a Spriggan, hence a Fey? But how would such spirits then fit in the grand scheme of things? Could you describe Druidic cosmology and creation myths?

Thank you for your kind attention. I look forward to reading your enlightened words. Five blessings on you.

Silaanwe, assistant of Sapiarch Tandemen

About molybdenum :

To Lady Arabelle,

I have always been fascinated by metals, and I am gathering documentation in view of writing a treatise on metallurgy. I was wondering whether you could tell me when and how molybdenum came to be of such prominent use in Breton craft, and what are the main sources of it in High Rock.

Thanks for your help,

Najid, smith and wordsmith in Sentinel
    Edited by VerboseQuips on 28 April 2022 21:26
    My characters:
    Main and crafter: A Breton magicka templar named Erwann Sorril
    Alt 1: A Bosmer sorcerer named Tuuneleg
    Alt 2: An Imperial dragonknight named Gaius Tullius Hastifer
    Alt 3: An Argonian vampire/nightblade named Observe-le-Xanmeer
    Alt 4: A Nord werewolf/dragonknight named Sigurd Hurlevent
    Alt 5: A Breton sorcerer named Gilian Sorril (he's Erwann's younger brother)
    Alt 6: A Khajiit nightblade named Jolan-dar
    Alt 7: A Nord warden named Sigurmar Hurlevent (he's Sigurd's younger brother)
    Alt 8: An Altmer templar named Oioriel
    Alt 9: An Argonian stamina Warden named Danse-avec-les-Rainettes
    Alt 10: A Redguard templar named Neemokh af-Corelanya
    Alt 11: A Nord stamina sorcerer named Olga Écoute-Vent
    Alt 12: A Breton magicka Warden named Ian Sorril
    Alt 13: A Dunmer magicka necromancer named Ilmoran Dren
    Alt 14: An Orc stamina necromancer named Norgol gro-Borziel
    Alt 15: A Nord magicka necromancer named Thorgen Givresang
    Alt 16: An Imperial magicka dragonknight named Publius Valeirus Hastifer (Just call him "Valerio" - he's Gaius younger troublemaker of a brother)
    Main in NA (For collaborative events): A Breton magicka nightblade named Titouan Sorril (long-lost brother of Erwann and Gilian)
  • ealdwin
    ealdwin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dear Lady Arabelle,

I have found several obscure references to beings that are purported to exist in High Rock by the name of "Nymphs". These references are few and far between, often off-handedly mentioned without further note. For instance, one is—fancifully—mentioned as a common ancestor in three different minor families' genealogies (along with a story about it flinging itself from the roof of a tower).

But any information of actual substance is severely lacking. The best I have found is a supposed connection to nature and a distinct language of their own. They do not appear to be the same as Spriggans (perhaps related), as the same tome mentioning their language makes explicit note of a separate language for Spriggans.

I have heard tale of your adventures, and was therefore curious if you have found any information about these elusive beings, or even had encountered one yourself. Anything you could provide would be of great use.

Kindest of wishes,
    Ealdwin
    Assistant to the Chief Librarian
    Mages Guild in Jehanna
    Edited by ealdwin on 29 April 2022 12:46
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey you, A-Arabelle,

What kind of cheese do they eat up in the systres?

Also, how many pirate attacks do you get?

Peace!
    Edited by spartaxoxo on 29 April 2022 20:51
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Thanks everyone for taking the time to ask Lady Arabelle your questions! We'll be back in a few weeks with some answers from the Lady herself. We'll be closing down this thread for the time being and will update once we have answers for you!
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.